luggage/carry on ?s

cortneyward

Can someone please clarify the luggage and carry on restrictions as far as size? Also, I'm carrying a bag on but my water won't fit. Can I just carry it and slide it through the scanner? Or can I just carry it in a separate bag, such as a beach bag, in addition to my regular carry on? Thanks to anyone who can help

Can someone please clarify the luggage and carry on restrictions as far as size? Also, I'm carrying a bag on but my water won't fit. Can I just carry it and slide it through the scanner? Or can I just carry it in a separate bag, such as a beach bag, in addition to my regular carry on? Thanks to anyone who can help

You will be going through a regular airport size luggage scanner, so if it fits the opening then you can carry it on. You can carry-on as many bags as you can handle so yes you could put your soda's or water in a separate bag or just put a large tape handle and carry it yourself.

Keep in mind that once you get through security and go to the checkin line, that can be a very long period to stand and scoot your luggage and water along, plus it's a very long walk to get from the terminal onto the actual ship.

I was curious about this myself. Can I have a backpack and beach bag and my purse as my carry on's?

Yes, you can carry on as many bags as you can handle, but there are no trolleys or anything to help you manage multiple bags.

and also remember that generally you can't get into your cabin to drop off your bags until after 1:30, so you're stuck lugging all that stuff around.

They don't have the same restrictions that the airlines have. You can carry on as many bags as you want to have to lug around with you all day (at least until the rooms are ready) ... as long as they fit through the xray machine... I don't think the water has to be in a bag but it would probably be easier for you to carry it that way...

Boarding the ship isn't like boarding a plane...at all! If it will fit thru the scanner, and you can lug it, you can bring it with you onto the ship. Most find it easier to just check everything except valuables, meds, and anything you might need in the next 4-5 hours.....let the baggage handlers lug the rest! If you board early, you'll have to keep your bags with you until your cabin is ready....that could be hours!

Don't make it difficult.

They pretty much allow anything that can fit through the scanner. The number of carry ons do not matter. Some just put a case of water by itself through the scanner so it does not need to be in a container.

I do whichever is easiest for me :).

Thank you guys so much! HOPEFULLY, there will be enough room in my moms rolling carry on for my water but since she refuses to pack until the last minute, we just don't know yet.

Does anyone know about checked luggage restrictions (size, weight)? I read there was a restriction and would hate to get there and not be able to take my bag

Thank you guys so much! HOPEFULLY, there will be enough room in my moms rolling carry on for my water but since she refuses to pack until the last minute, we just don't know yet.

Does anyone know about checked luggage restrictions (size, weight)? I read there was a restriction and would hate to get there and not be able to take my bag

There are some suggestions, but no restrictions on the weight of luggage. As long as it will fit inside your cabin you are good to go.

There are some suggestions, but no restrictions on the weight of luggage. As long as it will fit inside your cabin you are good to go.

Thanks! I have a large suitcase, in which everything fits...but no clue on the weight and diminsions (possibly withing the suggestions). Unpacking and repacking into two smaller suitcases seems like it would take up more room and weigh more...

There is no way I am lugging around water. I'll pack a refillable (lightweight!) water bottle and be good to go.

Have considered this option as well. I plan to purchase a soda card onboard and will probably drink a few Diet Cokes but I drink mostly water... I know the steward will put ice in the collapsible cooler so I assume I could also just put that ice in my bottle? May make more sense to just do that and take a couple bottles to take off ship in port?

There is no way I am lugging around water. I'll pack a refillable (lightweight!) water bottle and be good to go.

We pack a few bottles of water in my backpack but you are right - a big water (sport) bottle is the way to go.

You can have as many carry ons as you want, just remember if you get there before 1:30 you have to keep it all with you until your cabin opens up and that can be painful.

If I'm traveling with 2 others, can we put all of our soda (36 cans - 12 each) into one bag?

The most they will ask is "how many in your party?" - Just answer three and go on your way. Thats' what they did when I carried four bottles of wine on. No problem, no wait.

We check everything but my handbag.......even bottled water with no problem. Our last cruise was just a couple weeks ago.

Its people who think pushing the rules is a great idea that made Carnival keep tightening up the rules. First they said 12 x 12 x 12 coolers to keep people from rolling on coolers full of drinks and slapping luggage tags on them. Porters first started to refuse them. Some porters last year would not accept checked luggage until drinks were removed .. As long as people think the rules are not for them, Carnival just might say forget it and stop allowing us to bring on drinks.

If carry on is allowed .. Im the type to say thank you Carnival for still allowing this... and doing it their way.

I do remember you blasting me on another thread where you thought I wasnt being sympathetic enough .. instead I was saying this is how Carnival operates, if you want to solve the problem this is what I suggest.. ..if you know the rules, then its easier to know how to get around them. Pick your battles with Carnival.... this is one as I say, I just say thanks for still allowing drinks and wine.

Archived