What a Way to Start a Vacation

heidik

I'm sitting here at Bradley Airport (Hartford) very early for my flight out to LA to catch the Sapphire tomorrow........with all the snow, I wanted to get a good early start just in case I ended up in a snowbank or something.......

I'll be sending notes/thoughts/comments once I'm on board, but I wanted to send out this quick note as I'm sure others have felt this way........

I checked in with US Airways and have never been treated as rudely as the female desk person treated me - every little question I asked or answer I gave her was followed by a sarcastic - rude - remark! I was shocked at how absolutely miserable this woman was and she appeared to be going out of her way to think of something sarcastic to say! I'm still sitting here totally amazed at her behavior and the fact that it is really lousy that nowadays I (and I'm sure others) are afraid to say anything "negative" at an airport for fear of being delayed, not allowed to board, strip searched :eek:, etc. --- I wanted to ask this US Airways woman if she wanted me to take my first-class bookings to another airline from now on? I just kept my mouth totally shut.

I'm an easy going person and like many of us, enjoy being friendly - and nice - to people.......I'm telling yuh, this was a lousy way to start my vacation :(

I'm sitting here at Bradley Airport (Hartford) very early for my flight out to LA to catch the Sapphire tomorrow........with all the snow, I wanted to get a good early start just in case I ended up in a snowbank or something.......

I'll be sending notes/thoughts/comments once I'm on board, but I wanted to send out this quick note as I'm sure others have felt this way........

I checked in with US Airways and have never been treated as rudely as the female desk person treated me - every little question I asked or answer I gave her was followed by a sarcastic - rude - remark! I was shocked at how absolutely miserable this woman was and she appeared to be going out of her way to think of something sarcastic to say! I'm still sitting here totally amazed at her behavior and the fact that it is really lousy that nowadays I (and I'm sure others) are afraid to say anything "negative" at an airport for fear of being delayed, not allowed to board, strip searched :eek:, etc. --- I wanted to ask this US Airways woman if she wanted me to take my first-class bookings to another airline from now on? I just kept my mouth totally shut.

I'm an easy going person and like many of us, enjoy being friendly - and nice - to people.......I'm telling yuh, this was a lousy way to start my vacation :(

So sorry you had suh a bad experience with the airline representative. Don't let it put a damper on your cruise. Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise.....:):):)

Bob

The are alot of such people at US Airways...aka, Useless Air... and you wound up with a peach for sure.

Years back it was a great airline...people were great... things ran on time.. I had their highest tier for years.... all that is definitely in the past.

I find today the best folks are at Southwest... some drawbacks there too but much better than the others.

I hope things go well for you and you get to the cruise on time. Things are screwy here in the Northeast... have a great cruise.

So sorry this happened to you! This happened to my husband and I after we were repeatedly treated rude on on HONEYMOON. They had cancelled our flight the night of our wedding due to fog? but we were in our reception and had no access to a computer so my sister and maid of honor called and got all of our flights adjusted so we wouldn't miss our ship, but then the next morning we didn't have the "proper" boarding passes and were treated incredibly rude by the guy at the delta desk, even though we explained why we didn't have an updated boarding pass. I called delta and had a customer service talk with them about how rude it was.

If I were you, while you are on your plane, jot some notes down, it will be hard to remember a week+ from now, and nor do you want it to fester in your head and call the airline when you get home and let them know you will take your first class booking elsewhere.

Hi All

Once when leaving the US a customs person asked how long I was staying in the US, since I had been waiting for hours my reply which he did not like my, was 4 hours but as I have been waiting so long I think it will be a little longer.

Some folk just do not see the funny side of things, after all I was on my way out not in.

yours Shogun

Think positive...and have a safe flight with no lumps and bumps along the way. Some people do not get the golden rule "Do undo others as you would have them do unto you" and it sounds like you got one of those!!!

Aloha..and by the way can you bring the Sapphire back full of Hawaiian pineapples and papayas..I board on Feb. 12..

It'll get better and then you can laugh about it. At least you won't be sleeping in a lifeboat, huh? I can recall when you were stressing over not having a cabin. :confused: Have a great cruise! :D

I'll tell yuh, being treated like that and then having to stand there in front of everyone, barefooted with my arms over my head like a prisoner to go through security does not make for a very pleasant traveling experience. And then again, the atmosphere is so tense, I was afraid to make a joke to ease my anxiety :( What's the opposite of "empowering"? dis-empowering?

You did exactly the right thing keeping quiet. It's just not worth the effort with such miserable people and especially not at the airport.

Feel sorry for the sad life she must lead instead and be thankful that you are on your way to the time of your life :D Have a great cruise.

Rain, snow, fog, you're going on a cruise, they are not, that is not an excuse for anyone to be treated as such. I have worked in the service industry for my entire life and would never or would never expect anyone that works for me to treat anyone of our customers that way. Ok, long run on sentance, but take some notes, send a letter once you return stating the facts and address it to the Sr. VP of Operations of the airline. Most companies would prefer to have the facts when coaching an employee on their opportunities. Whether is this airline or any other airlines, companies are looking to regain the business they had pre-2009 and treating customers like this isn't going to accomplish that.

In the mean time, have a great cruise!

I don't know how you excercised the patience that you did Heidik. I'm sure you are well on your way winging across America to the Sapphire and much more pleasant times by now. :) However, had it been I who was so poorly treated, I would have grabbed her name/number, sat down with my laptop and fired off an email to USAir Customer Service forthwith. I'm sick to death of the way a 'customer/client' is so often treated these days. Every medical appt I have with the exception of my dentist, although your appt time is - say - 3PM, you are lucky if you are in by 3:30PM and seldom if ever does anyone apologize or at least give some reasonable explanation. It's very insulting for them to consider your time of no value and theirs supreme. To me it's just a poorly run practice.

I do not have a lot of sympathy for airline employees. We've (mosty) all had jobs where things haven't run perfectlly all the time, or where the stress was a little high or whatever. Simply NOT an excuse to abuse a customer as far as I'm concerned.

Now that your are off (I hope) enjoy your Sapphire cruise and deal with USAir on your return.

:D

I agree with mycruz -- don't get mad; get even. Although she phrased it more politely! People like that woman get away with their crap because nobody takes the time to call them out to their bosses. Write a polite letter to USAir explaining briefly and dispassionately what happened, with names and dates and times. Then you've done your part to make the world a better place and you can turn the page on it. Meanwhile, bon voyage -- hope you have an awesome cruise!

I agree dealing with a bad airline agent can be a big downer.

My son, who is in the army, was flying to see his wife in Hawaii on R and R from Iraq on Delta. He had a short lay over at LAX. There is a way for families of servicemen/women to get passes to see their loved one in transit. When my family got to the airport the Delta agent would not give us the passes. We were working with a very small time frame so I went crazy. I finally spoke with the agent's supervisor and he got the passes for us in about 3 minutes. I wrote a letter to Delta blasting the agent but praising the supervisor. I sent them a picture of my son and his mother and told Delta if the agent had her way that scene would never have occurred. My son also saw his nephew for the first time. I got three letters of apology from Delta!!! All from different people. The agent was sent for additional training. I hope they gave the supervisor a raise.

So I agree - write the airline a letter. Let them know their customer service needs improving.

006.jpg.749cc40f3238d67863904fa3749c6c88.jpg

009.jpg.4f3a5a11cdd891cecf3bdd2195ac5157.jpg

Archived