pizza delivery question

heidik

In the room service menu on the "Room Service Pizza" page, it says at the bottom "A nominal service charge of $3.00 per delivery will be applied to your shipboard account." This is the last page in the "food delivery" section -- does the $3.00 service charge apply just to Pizza? or is it for all room service deliveries?

If it's just for the Pizza, do you tip on top of that?

I had read somewhere that the room service pizza is not fresh from the Lido but a frozen one from the kitchen. Anyone know for sure? And more importantly, is it any good?

I asked the pizza guy on lido deck if he made the individual ones by the pool and he said he did.

Hi There

The small charge was introduced to control demand and stop teens ordering them every five minutes.

So was I told,

yours Shogun

That really makes sense, could you imagine what type of cleaning the rooms would need if spring breakers and also drunk "party hardy" adults had pizza parties in their rooms all the time:eek:.

While I don't mind and understand the $3.00 charge I hate that the room service delivery is only during the on deck service hours. When I want the room service pizza its really a late nightr snack, during the day its easy to stop by on the pool deck.

I had read somewhere that the room service pizza is not fresh from the Lido but a frozen one from the kitchen. Anyone know for sure? And more importantly, is it any good?

I was on the Sapphire a few weeks ago, and my aunts ordered pizza from room service. It was delicious! It tasted just like the lido deck pizza, so I highly doubt it came frozen from the kitchen. :D

Hi There

The small charge was introduced to control demand and stop teens ordering them every five minutes.

So was I told,

yours Shogun

I was told the same thing. They said that it was to discourage people ordering pizza after pizza, eating one slice and letting the rest go to waste.

Archived