Live From The Golden 02-02-11 to 02-16-11 R/T To Hawaii

Woobstr112G

Aloha ~ have a wonderful cruise! We were on the Golden in December so will relive our memories through you. Some Floridians say Hawaii is just Florida with mountains, I completely disagree ~ the culture, people, food are as special as the volcanos, canyons and blowholes! Aloha, Karen

Hi Bob. I hope you have a great cruise.

I'm going on this same cruise in Oct and I am interest in knowing about formal nights.

1) Which formal night do the have the champagne fountain?

2) Is there any theme to formal nights?

3) The menus on formal nights. I want to know this to see which formal night were going to do the UBD. I want to do the UBD on a formal night so we will already be dressed up. Example which night do they have the lobster?

Thanks again Lisa and Dale

Hi Bob. I hope you have a great cruise.

I'm going on this same cruise in Oct and I am interest in knowing about formal nights.

1) Which formal night do the have the champagne fountain?

2) Is there any theme to formal nights?

3) The menus on formal nights. I want to know this to see which formal night were going to do the UBD. I want to do the UBD on a formal night so we will already be dressed up. Example which night do they have the lobster?

Thanks again Lisa and Dale

My wife an I just got off this cruise on Jan. 19. I might be able to help you with some of your questions.

1) The champagne waterfall was held at 7:15pm on the first formal night, which was the Friday after leaving LA.

2) I don't recall the specific menus for formal nights. Every night had a general theme, such as French, Caribbean, Italian.

3) The lobster was served on the third and last formal night, which would be the Monday before Ensenada.

Have a great cruise.

David Cole will be CD on that cruise

Hi Dave (ELUA), met you on the Golden (sorry to hijack here) just curious, we booked the Star to Hawaii for April 2012, any chance you and your wife would be on that cruise????

Greetings from the golden princess in San Pedro. We sail in about 2 hours. So far everything is great. Ship is very clean and all the crew seem very friendly so far. Got our names in for the Chef's table so I'm keeping my fingers crossEd we'll get selected. First time on the Golden so I'm exploring to figure everything out. More later.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

My wife an I just got off this cruise on Jan. 19. I might be able to help you with some of your questions.

1) The champagne waterfall was held at 7:15pm on the first formal night, which was the Friday after leaving LA.

2) I don't recall the specific menus for formal nights. Every night had a general theme, such as French, Caribbean, Italian.

3) The lobster was served on the third and last formal night, which would be the Monday before Ensenada.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks Jasperdo, Info is a great help

Aloha Mike,

Well, no one can really see that far into the future, but as far as Leialoha and I know, we will be back on the Golden for the 2011-12 season, and that extends to that April 2012 Star cruise. Sorry! By the by, any chance you or your wife have run into any cool old steel guitars at those estate sales or antique stores?

Aloha,

Dave

Hi Bob,

Great being with you and Holli today. Have a wonderful cruise. When you go to your meet and greet would you get Steve and Peggy's email address for me. I meant to get it and completely forgot. You can just email it to me when you get back, or if you have my email address in your computer, you can send it to me now.

Thanks again for everything. A real Bon Voyage......

Eileen

Greetings from the golden princess in San Pedro. We sail in about 2 hours. So far everything is great. Ship is very clean and all the crew seem very friendly so far. Got our names in for the Chef's table so I'm keeping my fingers crossEd we'll get selected. First time on the Golden so I'm exploring to figure everything out. More later.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Bob and Holli,

By now you have sailed. Aloha and have a fabulous time. I know you will and we will all be anxious to get your impressions of the ship in your postings.

Aloha Mike,

Well, no one can really see that far into the future, but as far as Leialoha and I know, we will be back on the Golden for the 2011-12 season, and that extends to that April 2012 Star cruise. Sorry! By the by, any chance you or your wife have run into any cool old steel guitars at those estate sales or antique stores?

Aloha,

Dave

:o thanks dave, we would have loved to enjoy ELUA again but we booked the Star because of it coming and going from San Francisco. You are thinking I am Mike (and I know who you are thinking, he lives in southern california) but I am Mark, we chatted with you and Leialoha many times (just like hundreds of others have) but my aunt had asked you both about an old Hawaiian song called "Princess Papooie" (sp) and you started playing it in your rotation, which brought back all kinds of great memories of her cruising to Hawaii as a young girl. Oh well, we will have to just book another trip on the Golden I guess. Stay well!

Greetings to all from the Golden Princess. We had a nice meeting with some friends, from a prior cruise, that were doing the Bon Voyage experience. We all had a very nice lunch in the Donatello dining room. Our sail away from San Pedro was great. There was a great sail away party that was put on by the crew. We decided to skip dinner in the dining room to just relax a little. The ship got kind of quiet after the party ended as everyone seems to be settling in.

The entertainment on MUTS today was a Stevie Wonder concert at 1400, The Heart of Alaska Adventure DVD at 1830, Megamind at 1900 & 2200, and Mystique of the Baltic DVD presentation at 2045 hours.

Tonight in the Princess Showroom at 1900 & 2045 hours. In the Explorer’s Lounge there’s dancing to the ship’s band passion. In the Vista lounge there is the movie Princess Ka’lulani at 1900 hours. In the Wheelhouse bar there is dancing to the Rick Kilburn Band.

In case anyone is interested, the ship’s officers are as follows:

Captain – David Calabrese

Staff Captain – Damiano De Pinto

Chief Engineer – Andrew Carney

Hotel General General Manager – Danilo Portoso

Cruise Director – David Cole

Senior Doctor – Anthony Sander

Food & Beverage Director – Bernhard Friesacher

Customer Services Director – Jules Duarte

Staff Engineer Officer – Neil Graham

Staff Electro-Technical Officer – Giorgio Lacchini

Executive Housekeeper – Dante Santiago

Executive Chef – Luc Bonnaz

Maitre d’Hotel – Vitor Silva

That’s all for now. On tap for tomorrow is working out in the morning and after that haven’t decided yetJ

Take Care All….. JJJ

Bob

Oh...Hawaii...I'll bet you got warm toes. LOL We got -22C (-7.6F) :( but at least we have sunny skies.

I hope you and Holli have the best time. Raise your glass in a toast vaguely northwestward and think of us. :D

Happy Leis Happy Days ;)

Unless, there is another maitre d' on Princess with the last name of Silva, we sailed with him on The Emerald JETS cruise in 2007. It was our first Chef's Table experience and we enjoyed it very much. Silva was cordial and quite professional.

Archived