Serenade is moving to europe for summer 2012!

Just found this on another thread. Here is a schedule of Geirangerfjorden showing Serenade making some stops in the summer of 2012! Wondering what will happen to Adventure and if San Juan will stay without a RC ship during the summer months.

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/GeirangerfjordenCP2012

Very interesting. Now if RCI would put a Freedom class ship down in San Juan I'd be a very happy sailor having my favorite class of ship sailing out of my favorite departure port.... but I need it during winter.

Could RCI really be abandoning the Southern Caribbean for the summer?

Now if RCI would put a Freedom class ship down in San Juan I'd be a very happy sailor having my favorite class of ship sailing out of my favorite departure port.... but I need it during winter.

Oh-I so second that!!!:)

Isn't this great?! We're losing another ship to Europe! RCCL will have 11 ships in Europe this summer, which is HALF of the fleet! The last thing Europe needs is yet another RCCL ship next year!!!

Hopefully RCCL will keep the Adventure in San Juan instead of sending it to Europe, or send another ship to San Juan for the summer. It's hard for me to imagine San Juan without a ship in the summer.

Isn't this great?! We're losing another ship to Europe! RCCL will have 11 ships in Europe this summer, which is HALF of the fleet! The last thing Europe needs is yet another RCCL ship next year!!!

Hopefully RCCL will keep the Adventure in San Juan instead of sending it to Europe, or send another ship to San Juan for the summer. It's hard for me to imagine San Juan without a ship in the summer.

Why do you think that europe has too many RCI ships? if they send their ship overseas it's because they think (know) that they can fill them up and at a better rate!

Very interesting. Now if RCI would put a Freedom class ship down in San Juan I'd be a very happy sailor having my favorite class of ship sailing out of my favorite departure port.... but I need it during winter.

I checked the schedules and they don't have anything out of San Juan from May 2012 on.

caribbeanboy

I check these prices out on the RCL uk web site Friday.

A 14 night cruise on Independence out of Southampton and a 14 night on Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale. The RCL are making approximately $1200 more per stateroom per cruise.

But aren't the Liberty 14 nighters transatlantic repo cruises?

Repo cruises are almost always a lot less expensive.

Maybe they are just trying to put another ship into Europe and keeping a ship in San Juan

RCI has decided to put the Radiance Down Under next year with the Rhapsody. Carnival is going to have a ship in Australia next year for the first time and a ship in Europe.

Can only be good for the competition and bring the prices down.

Archived