Can you upgrade?

We are going on the Enchantment of the Seas in late October. I have heard there are ways to upgrade your stateroom for less than when you actually book your room. Is that correct? How would you do it?

We are booked in a "Large Oceanview Stateroom" but would love to have a balcony. I won't be upset if we can't ... It's my husbands first cruise and my second, so it will be awesome either way.

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Watch for price drops on balcony cabins for your cruise. If they go down, you can pay the difference and upgrade to a balcony. There used to be opportunities to buy upgrades at the pier for a set price, less than what the cabins were listed for, but since most ships sail pretty full I haven't heard of that happening in some time.

We are in a GS on our upcoming cruise. I noticed that one of the larger suites are still available for 3/20/11. Would we be able to upgrade if still available at a lower price? Or is the chances better the closer we get?

Thanks.....Sharon

If you are D plus, you can call two weeks prior to sailing and request the upgrade. Otherwise you just need to hope it is still available when you check in at port. If it is still available at that time you could purchase it from the pier coordinator at a flat per cabin fee. I believe it is about $400 to go from a GS to an OS.

Archived