Cabin Assignment

freddybeachpete

Yesterday we booked an inside "guarantee" on Emerald Princess expecting to be on one of the lower decks and to not know our cabin # until just before sailing. Just checked the Princess site and it looks like we've already been assigned a cabin (still an inside) on Aloha deck. Is this assignment likely to change before we sail on 28/03/11 ?

If you are happy with your cabin assignment now, it may be a good idea to call Princess and ask them to mark your booking as "no upgrades".

I spend a lot of time picking out the ideal cabin for each cruise. I select a cabin with passenger deck above and below, away from the laundromat and elevator lobbies, and with cabins across the corridor to preclude getting stuck across from one of the sculleries. Once the current Miss America and I are happy, I ask Princess to mark our booking as no upgrades.

The cruise line's idea of an upgrade may indeed give you a "better" cabin, but you might wind up directly below the pool deck or right above the disco where you'll enjoy boomety bommety boomety until 1:00 am.:eek:

JMHO

Since we also just booked a last minute balcony sale on their 14-day Hawaii cruise on Golden Princess leaving LA on March 2, we were told at time of booking no cabin would be assigned till our day of check-in due to the late booking (we are only like 11 days to sailing). The only thing guaranteed is we'll get a balcony cabin BE or higher. How is that going to work with our luggage tags? How will the porters know where to forward our luggage to if no cabin number is written on the tag? So far we have not seen any cabin assigment from the Princess website. Any advice?

Since we also just booked a last minute balcony sale on their 14-day Hawaii cruise on Golden Princess leaving LA on March 2, we were told at time of booking no cabin would be assigned till our day of check-in due to the late booking (we are only like 11 days to sailing). The only thing guaranteed is we'll get a balcony cabin BE or higher. How is that going to work with our luggage tags? How will the porters know where to forward our luggage to if no cabin number is written on the tag? So far we have not seen any cabin assigment from the Princess website. Any advice?

No worries... the porters have a manifest and will supply the room number for your luggage labels upon checking in your bags. I always carry a sharpie pen for labeling needs on our journey. Safe sailing!

Jan

The cruise line's idea of an upgrade may indeed give you a "better" cabin, but you might wind up directly below the pool deck or right above the disco where you'll enjoy boomety bommety boomety until 1:00 am.:eek:

And some people complain that there is no live entertainment in the late evening.

Archived