Just off the Serenade

Just off the Serenade Feb. 19-26 ME my DW and DD

1. Stayed at the caribe Hilton pre cruise LOVED IT and would recommend it highly.

2 Embarkation was a little later than I experienced on the serenade about 12:30

3 Our room was a JR suite 1038

4 Food. We ate at chops or Portofino every night. The service was excellent the food was good –very good

5 The shows were typical for RCCL we enjoyed the ones that we went to.

6. We went to Megans bay in st. Thomas, The beach by the dock in st Croix, A beach excursion in Antigua, To the Pitons on a cataram in st Lucia and a hike to the seven sisters in Grenada in the pouring rain, I highly recommend this excursion it was excellent. Back in PR we did an excursion to the rain forest before our 7pm flight.

This is our second time on the Serenade it is our favorite ship and we had a great time. If anyone has any questions about the ship or the stops I would be happy to answer.

Do you know what the latest time is for check in on embarkation? We get in to San Juan at 1:30 and have a Segway tour in old San Juan for 3. We dont think we'll have time to check in and then head back out to get there in time for the 3pm excursion so we're planning on checking in afterwards probably around 4:30-5pm. Is this allowed?

Who was your tour with in Antigua?

How long did your hike to Seven Sister Falls take?

Did you get off the catamaran at Jalousie Beach by the Pitons?

We are set to cruise on the Serenade- glad you like that ship.

Who was your tour with in Antigua?

How long did your hike to Seven Sister Falls take?

Did you get off the catamaran at Jalousie Beach by the Pitons?

We are set to cruise on the Serenade- glad you like that ship.

The hike took about 30 mins each way after a 20 minute bus ride

Jalousie beach

The tour in Antigua was through the cruise ship

Do you know what the latest time is for check in on embarkation? We get in to San Juan at 1:30 and have a Segway tour in old San Juan for 3. We dont think we'll have time to check in and then head back out to get there in time for the 3pm excursion so we're planning on checking in afterwards probably around 4:30-5pm. Is this allowed?

I'm not positive I would call customer service I wouldn't want to give you wrong information

Did you happen to notice if the spa still had discounts available on port days? Since the southern routes only have one sea day I was curious if they still ran the program.

We were on the Serenade in Jan. I went to get my hair done late one afternoon and there were a couple of women in the waiting are too. They had on robes and looked very relaxed. I asked if they had not gotten off the ship, but they had. There was a special that day...I believe it was three 20 minutes services for about $99. I also recall seeing another spa special on a flyer that was delivered with the Compass but I don't recall what that one was. So yes, they still have some specials on port days. Enjoy!

It must be Marc Walker then. :) And you have to be checked in/onboard NO LATER than 90 minutes before sailing. And I for one, wouldn't even cut it that close. :p

Okay per the itinerary we set sail at 8:30 so 90 minutes before would be 7pm...we should be back by 5:30! We're good! :)

Just off the Serenade Feb. 19-26 ME my DW and DD....

6. We went to Megans bay in st. Thomas, The beach by the dock in st Croix, A beach excursion in Antigua, To the Pitons on a cataram in st Lucia and a hike to the seven sisters in Grenada in the pouring rain, I highly recommend this excursion it was excellent. Back in PR we did an excursion to the rain forest before our 7pm flight.

This is our second time on the Serenade it is our favorite ship and we had a great time. If anyone has any questions about the ship or the stops I would be happy to answer.

How was the beach by the dock in St Croix? We are cruising Serenade on March 19. I had read some posts from January, that this beach was closed due to some heavy rains. Is it open now?

Did you do the Seven Sisters hike through RCCL or a different tour? Did you go to any of the spice plantations?

The beach was open and nice. very quiet. We did 7 sisters with rccl great tour try it!

Can you walk to that pierside beach in St. Croix? I thought it looked nice in photos too....and someone said it was closed. I'd rather do that one than take a cab to Sandcastle. At the pierside one....is there a bar, restaurant , or other amenities? Thanks. :)

Can you walk to that pierside beach in St. Croix? I thought it looked nice in photos too....and someone said it was closed. I'd rather do that one than take a cab to Sandcastle. At the pierside one....is there a bar, restaurant , or other amenities? Thanks.

We were in St. Croix on Feb. 7 and walked along the beach until we got to Coconuts. A nice beach bar with free chairs, food, bathroom, etc. We wore our water shoes, it's a little bit rocky going into the water. We walked along the road when we returned to the ship. I didn't see chairs set up at the public beach.

who was the hotel director, was it still Kumar?

According to my sheet of important information Alistair Burnett of the UK was the hotel director. We got off the Serenade on Feb. 19.

We were in St. Croix on Feb. 7 and walked along the beach until we got to Coconuts. A nice beach bar with free chairs, food, bathroom, etc. We wore our water shoes, it's a little bit rocky going into the water. We walked along the road when we returned to the ship. I didn't see chairs set up at the public beach.

Thanks! The recent photo said beach near ship, it looked like it had chairs & umbrellas and a building. We may try Coconuts. It will be our last day, and we don't want to do anything too strenuous! :D:D:D

Thanks! The recent photo said beach near ship, it looked like it had chairs & umbrellas and a building. We may try Coconuts. It will be our last day, and we don't want to do anything too strenuous!

You will be able to see Coconuts from the ship. Just look left at the shoreline. It is the beach bar with the colorful chairs in the front.

Archived