Editing for idiots

bernie5

Could someone please explain how to edit a post once I have posted it. I preview usually before I submit the post but them I realize I misspelled something or left something out so I want to edit the post I just sent and I cannot seem to find a place to do that.

I did try to search this but came up with nothing. My profile states I may edit my own posts but not how to do it.

Could someone please explain how to edit a post once I have posted it. I preview usually before I submit the post but them I realize I misspelled something or left something out so I want to edit the post I just sent and I cannot seem to find a place to do that.

I did try to search this but came up with nothing. My profile states I may edit my own posts but not how to do it.

After you submit and it appears on the screen there will be an Edit button in the lower right corner, left of the Quote button, for 20 minutes. After editing, click Save.

you've gotten your answer - but i couldn't resist saying I think it was a good year before i clued in that I could edit. :p don't feel bad ;)

you've gotten your answer - but i couldn't resist saying I think it was a good year before i clued in that I could edit. :p don't feel bad ;)
Have you discovered yet that you can even edit the title with the "Go Advanced" option once you opened it for editing?

Thanks for the reminder, catl.

I was here for ages before I realized it was possible to edit the thread title as well as the post........ of course, only if OP of the thread.

i swear that a couple of times when i wanted to add something to a post -- i didn't have 20 minutes

Actually, it's 15 minutes, not 20. And even if the Edit button is still there, if it's more than 15 minutes by the time the correction is finished, when you click submit there will be a message saying you only had 15 minutes and to notify the administrator if ......

Can you tell that's happened to me??

Have you discovered yet that you can even edit the title with the "Go Advanced" option once you opened it for editing?

No, I had no idea :o - maybe editing for idiots was the right title for this thread :eek:

Thank you for this information.

Am always learning something new on this board.:)

Actually, it's 15 minutes, not 20.
It's always 20 minutes for me. :p

I was here for ages before I realized it was possible to edit the thread title as well as the post........ of course, only if OP of the thread.
Every post can have a title, though only a few people use it regularly. You can edit the title of your own posts, and of course the title of the first post becomes the thread title.

EDIT: NMLady, check the time of this edit. :p

Archived