Who do I contact for MTD problems

Would like to know a "higher up" to contact for a MTD problem.

We are 7 woman traveling together for the 5th time. The second time without husbands.

Just tried to go in and make mtd reservations and we cannot do it because one of the woman is from Canada and paid in Canadian dollars. What does this have to do with MTD??? Tips are already paid, cruise paid in full, sailing in 14 days. And now we are told we will have to take our chances on the ship of getting a table together and of getting the time we want.

I can't understand a company the size of RCI has never had a request for people from different countries to dine together. I'm sure it is a computer glitch, but would have thought there was some way around it. So far the several people we have talked to have all said there is no way to book mtd.

Called Crown and Anchor, they can't do anything. Any suggestions on who to call from here.

I would just go see the Maitre D' on the first day (right when you board the ship) and explain the issue with him - I am sure they will try their best to accomadate your request (table of 7 @ this time on this day) - worst case scenio would be to split the 7 into 2 two groups and have you sit next to each other

That is what we plan on doing. But let me tell you, we booked this cruise as a girls get together and if we get split tables or get stuck with bad times, RCI will have 7 women breathing down their necks. Almost feel sorry for the Maitre'D as this will not be his problem, but he will be the one to have to fix it.

I can understand if we waited to long to book, if the times were taken, or if we had a unusual request. But to be told we couldn't book it because one of our cabins was paid with a different currency...... That is absolutely CRAZY!!

That is what we plan on doing. But let me tell you, we booked this cruise as a girls get together and if we get split tables or get stuck with bad times, RCI will have 7 women breathing down their necks. Almost feel sorry for the Maitre'D as this will not be his problem, but he will be the one to have to fix it.

I can understand if we waited to long to book, if the times were taken, or if we had a unusual request. But to be told we couldn't book it because one of our cabins was paid with a different currency...... That is absolutely CRAZY!!

Can you at least book the 6 of you that you can book together for the time you want? That way at least you know they will have a table that large for the time you want. Adding one more once on board might be easier then.....

Since we have an odd number, we did go ahead and book 5 at a table and then the room that paid in Canadian dollars booked for 2. So we did all manage to get reservations. The question will be is if they have a table big enough for all of us open or if we will be at two tables. I'm afraid if there is nothing they can do, you might just see 7 women pushing two tables together on their own!!

With MTDing, you can make standing reservations for however many you want!

when booking MTD online ahead of time, for more than your cabin, you have to enter the other reservation numbers, when I did this it noticed that one cabin was paid for in Canadian dollars and therefore would not let me book for that cabin. You could not book the table for more people than were on each reservation

when booking MTD online ahead of time, for more than your cabin, you have to enter the other reservation numbers, when I did this it noticed that one cabin was paid for in Canadian dollars and therefore would not let me book for that cabin. You could not book the table for more people than were on each reservation

All you have to do is link the reservations and all should be well. I book in either Canadian or US dollars depending on what works out better for me. I haven't experienced any problems linking with my US friends even when I booked in Canadian dollars. Try linking them first with a rep and then try doing the MTD reservations. Their "recent" upgrade of their site probably once again "broke something that was working".:p One time I wasn't able to when I was booked in a group and my friends were not. When that happened we simply made reservations for the times we wanted and then went to the dining room together and asked for a table to accommodate our group size and it wasn't a problem. Even with reservations they don't assign you a table until you show up so it's easy to request a table to accommodate your group size upon arrival.:)

Sorry you are having this problem and I'm sure you don't need this stress before your vacation.

In addition to the phone number you were given, my advice is this, echoed here already: see the Manager/maitre 'D at his MTD desk as soon as possible. His hours should be in the Cruise Compass and he will be there specifically to help with issues such as this which come up. I know you will all be accomodated as the situation has nothing to do with MTD, just as you said. It's obviously an internal glitch/issue and I'm sure does not reflect that you are all just trying to sit together. That's the purpose of MTD - to accomodate your party at or as close to the time you want.

Have fun without the guys. :D

I am having the exact same issue...we booked in $cdn and my brother in GPB

as you say very frustrating that the system stops you booking because of different currencies!!

I don't really understand how one affects the other!

I do have our reservations linked...my agent did this when we booked last year.

I will try calling and emailing too!

Don't worry too much about it. We have done MTD a number of times. Just make your reservation for the first night for 5 and simple go to the MTD desk when you get onboard. We have started out with MTD for just the 2 of us and met others onboard and simply added people to the group.

They can seat 10 at a table so 7 is no problem.

Thanks for all the advice.

Schoonergirl: we do have our reservations linked, it shows on the site. We have been linked ever since we booked. But still wont let us book mtd together. Really strange!!

davidsmum: when do you sail? I will let you know our outcome.

I have sent an email to the address given above, we will see how long it takes to get a reply. I am not really worried about it, just more baffled than anything. Just amazing that once you call in and actually talk to a person and especially crown and anchor, there is no way to fix this.

Then to top it all off, I get an email reminder tonight to "book mtd" times. Does anyone at RCI know what is going on????

Hi Waterbug,

I'm on this same cruise with you and think I know what's causing this problem....the PREPAID GRATUITIES required for MTD. Linking reservations for MTD is different than linking for traditional early or late seating because there is a PAYMENT involved...

.....the computer system won't combine currencies towards any ONE reservation and because you're actually asking for ONE table together, it's seeing your table as ONE reservation where you're trying to pay gratuities by combining USD and CAD and therefore won't accept it. Linking the reservations isn't a problem unless a PAYMENT is involved, in this case, gratuities. :cool:

If you WEREN'T on MTD, say traditional late or early seating, there'd be no problem seating you together ahead of time. Or at least that's what I've been told...but then again it's late and I just took a cold pill so maybe you should just ignore everything I just wrote. :rolleyes:

Having said this, I hope you're able to get ahold of someone who can overide the computer system for you. Otherwise, and I know it's a bit of a pain, once onboard, the Maitre'd will surely be able to accomodate you as he has the ablility to override this glitch in the system.

Fingers crossed this doesn't make you late for our Meet & Greet! ;)

ps.....you do know your countdown clock says you're on the Actief, right? :)-

Cadbury, yes we are on the same sailing. I agree it is a computer thing because of the prepaid gratuities. But you would think that once the entire trip and gratuities are paid in full, it would release this. We have been paid for quite some time and also have linked reservations, it was just when trying to schedule dining times that the roadblock went up. We all know that RCI's computer system needs some work!! The amazing thing is that when we called, they could have cared less if there was a glitch. Just a "no, we can't do anything about it" Would think the company would acknowledge the problem and try to get it fixed!!!

Anyway, still waiting on a reply from my email.

Thanks for the heads up on the countdown clock, where did I find Actief??? Will get it corrected. At least my days are correct and the time is getting short.

Oscar, I didnt figure out that reply either???

Cadbury, yes we are on the same sailing. I agree it is a computer thing because of the prepaid gratuities. But you would think that once the entire trip and gratuities are paid in full, it would release this. We have been paid for quite some time and also have linked reservations, it was just when trying to schedule dining times that the roadblock went up. We all know that RCI's computer system needs some work!! The amazing thing is that when we called, they could have cared less if there was a glitch. Just a "no, we can't do anything about it" Would think the company would acknowledge the problem and try to get it fixed!!!
ITA...very frustrating

Thanks for the heads up on the countdown clock, where did I find Actief??? Will get it corrected. At least my days are correct and the time is getting short.

Ok, now that you've corrected the ship, who the heck is Rdhemm???:cool:;)

Please do not take your frustration out on the Maitre D' - As stated I am sure they will clear up the issue on the very first day -- It does not sound like it will be a really big deal (to fix) -- a computer glitch is not the Maitre D's fault - You have every right to be frustrated, but to plan on taking the frustration out on the Maitre D' does not make any sense!!

I hope everything works out for you and you and your friends have a great cruise.

Yes and that is truely the bad part. We don't want to "take it out" on anyone. We know this is a computer thing, but someone here should be able to fix it. And like I said I feel sorry for the people on the ship that have to clear up the mix ups that the main office cant figure out how to do

Archived