what is your favorite dish in windjammer?

Honey stung chicken. Only served on embarkation day. There has been mixed reviews and it seems if you are on board within the first 30 minutes of boarding it can be as tasty as I remember. If not on board quickly, it can dry out and be over heated to the point of toughness.

I agree that the honey stung chicken is the best but only if it is made with dark meat because when they use the breast it does get too dry. The good news is that you can order it through room service. That has become a tradition with us to have it on day 1 and the last day of our cruise while I am packing to go home. It's agreat way to start and end the trip.

The other thing I look forward to is the mediteranian salad...love that feta cheese. :D

At dinner at least a couple nights they have Mongolian Stir Fry that you can customize. Its great.

Honey Stung Chicken on the other hand, not so great IMHO. But as I see above it may be simply because we were in queue to get on board and did not get the freshest selection.

On our Transatlantic last year (Navigator), they'd do up the Windjammer breakfast with all kinds of European specialties. Like baked beans from Britain, big plump Irish sausages, a couple different kinds of bacon... it was awesome.

Of course, I'm a breakfast kinda guy, so I was excited.

My wife always wants breakfast in the MDR, but it's harder to get a big plate of sausages there.

The breakfast potatoes are almost always disappointing, though.

(As for the famous honey stung chicken, it didn't do much for me.)

-Dito

More sausages!

I love the windjammer for dinner time. It's great, they dim the lights, and it is totally different atmosphere then during day. There is no one in there. When i was on explorer, they had mongolian stir fry custom made, make your own pasta bar, make your own pizza, and some great roasted chicken. Oh of course can't forget about that warm bread pudding.

... anyone know the recipie?

:D

Call Tysons frozen food department and they might could tell you :)

I dont mind the honey stung chicken because it means Im finally on a cruise I have been planning for all year but really, its only frozen processed chicken and i agree that its only good if gotten fresh.

I like the freshly fried eggs available at breakfast. On the Voyager they are in the Island Grill (back buffet) next to the omelet station. On the Rhapsody I could not find any -- I asked and they made them for me. "You do not have because you do not ask."

At lunch, I usually head straight to the Jade section and get one of the good Asian selections. For breakfast, my favorite is the oatmeal with all the toppings - brown sugar, nuts, raisins, etc.

Bread Pudding with sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On Explorer, but that said, they all serve the same items made the exact same way so the name of the ship doesn't matter.

It's become our afternoon snack.

Honey stung chicken. Only served on embarkation day. There has been mixed reviews and it seems if you are on board within the first 30 minutes of boarding it can be as tasty as I remember. If not on board quickly, it can dry out and be over heated to the point of toughness.

My favorite dish is the big ones that hold the most food! I've gotten two piece of HS chicken, one was wonderful, the other not, might depend on where in the big oven it sat.

oh wow... honey stung chicken is the best... we get to port early to get on just for the chicken.... oh my gosh... awesome... anyone know the recipie?

I want to cruise NOW:D

It's a tyson foods product, made with TLC by illegals!

oh wow... honey stung chicken is the best... we get to port early to get on just for the chicken.... oh my gosh... awesome... anyone know the recipie?

I want to cruise NOW:D

Sure. First you take 1000 pounds of chicken, and... :p

I am cruising this Sunday! :)

We love the omelet station for breakfast but for lunch, when they have Indian dishes, they're a must for me. The Indian dishes when offered -both in the Windjammer and in the MDR - are outstanding !

Archived