Upgrade fairy just called

Do not try to figure the upgrading thing out....status has very little to do with it....have heard of many first time cruisers getting upgrades while many D+ who never have....just had someone on Allure who told me on their 3rd RCCL cruise they were upgraded from an ocean-view to a Royal Family Suite.....there seems little rhythm or rhyme.

Oh yes the upgrade fairy does exist! Same as Santa Clause but maybe not tooth fairy! Actually great bonus as last year lost a cruise and much planned USA visit followed by peroid of dreadful health problems only getting travel clearance a few months ago so this is the icing on the cake!

Oh yes the upgrade fairy does exist! Same as Santa Clause but maybe not tooth fairy! Actually great bonus as last year lost a cruise and much planned USA visit followed by peroid of dreadful health problems only getting travel clearance a few months ago so this is the icing on the cake!

Congratulations and enjoy it x Kimberley

The BEST news is that your health has improved! Major congratulations on THAT score!

And enjoy your Junior Suite. They are LOVELY cabins on the Mariner. Don't get lost in the closet! ;)

:)

Congratulations on your upgrade. We got the same call for our upcoming cruise on Monday on the Navigator. I hope you are as excited as we were. We had always booked a JS on the Voyager class before but decided to go with a regular balcony due to the big price difference but ended up getting it anyway.

Thank you so much for all messages. This is a great site but do not understand some abrieviations what does DD and DH stand for? Still excited. Does this make me sad person? Margaret from a pretty village in bonnie Scotland who loves to spend time in Sarasota Florida

Here are some of the abbreviations you may see:

DD-dear daughter

DH-dear husband

S-I-L-son in law

OP-other poster

IMO-in my opinion

LMAO-laughing my a__ off

LOL-laughing out loud

Hope this helps. We love your country!:)

Cruzin Lady

Here are some of the abbreviations you may see:

DD-dear daughter

DH-dear husband

S-I-L-son in law

OP-other poster

IMO-in my opinion

LMAO-laughing my a__ off

LOL-laughing out loud

Hope this helps. We love your country!:)

Cruzin Lady

IME (in my experience) OP stands for Original Poster, i.e., the person who started the thread.

Congratulations!! There is hope for the upgrade fairy visiting us someday.........

Wonderful news on your improved health, have a great cruise!!!:)

I get a kick out of all these abbreviations. When they say DD it could also refer to Dizzy Daughter or Drunken Husband for DH. Just like the contestants on Wheel of Fortune. They are always married to a wonderful husband/wife and have beautiful and fantastic children. I can't figure out where they find all these WONDERFUL people.

These must have just come from a cruise and still in a state of euphoria.

Thank you so much for all messages. This is a great site but do not understand some abrieviations what does DD and DH stand for? Still excited. Does this make me sad person? Margaret from a pretty village in bonnie Scotland who loves to spend time in Sarasota Florida

Congrats, when do you sail?? Thanks

I get a kick out of all these abbreviations. When they say DD it could also refer to Dizzy Daughter or Drunken Husband for DH. Just like the contestants on Wheel of Fortune. They are always married to a wonderful husband/wife and have beautiful and fantastic children. I can't figure out where they find all these WONDERFUL people.

These must have just come from a cruise and still in a state of euphoria.

I have always said that the *D* could stand for many different things.

If someone wants to assume "dear", ok for them. It is SOME KIND of adjective/descriptor.

Ditzy, Dear, Dumb, Dyspeptic, Damn, Dratted, Disliked, Drab............it's up to you!

I've read on here that when they called it comes up unknown caller on the phone caller id. Is that correct?

Enjoy your upgrade! When do you cruise?

We rec'd a call from RC and it came up without caller ID. We VERY SELDOM answer the phone but we're glad our 6th sense kicked in. We rec'd our first upgrade D1-JS sailing in May. The fairy does exist!

Well done. In UK telephone number did come up which is good because it gave us an alternative to premium call no. RCI use here. We sail May23. thank you for abrieviation explanations I am about to serve my DH dinner but will not eat in the MDR but in the TV room. Margaret

I get a kick out of all these abbreviations. When they say DD it could also refer to Dizzy Daughter or Drunken Husband for DH. Just like the contestants on Wheel of Fortune. They are always married to a wonderful husband/wife and have beautiful and fantastic children. I can't figure out where they find all these WONDERFUL people.These must have just come from a cruise and still in a state of euphoria.

That's so funny....and true!!!

Hello Margaret. Congrats on your upgrade and your good health. Which pretty village in Bonnie Scotland do you call home. I'm from "Auld Ayr wham neer a toon surpasses for honest men and bonnie lasses" With apologies to Rabbie.:D

Archived