taking a three year ,old any advice

sue gill

my husband and i are taking our three year old granddaughter on a seven day princess cruise.any advice . i post this on the princess board and got some great advice. but would love some more.packing for her is somthing im not sure about. i dont mind doing laundry.

im thinking 7 short sets 4 dressy dresses.3 sun dresses a jacket 2 pair of jeans 2 swimsuits.7 pair of underware 7 pair of socks 3 shirt to go with the jeans tennis shoes,, dress shoes,sandels,4 pair of pjs,blow up swim ring,arm floats,swim vest,crayons and coloring book,puzzles in baggys,snacks[goldfish crackers] a few toys , her pillow pal her little blanket.a unbrella stroller,not sure about a car seat.we are leaving

san juan come back to new york early may.her mother is not going. they lived with us for a year.so she is very close to us. behaves very well for us. i guess im most worried about nap time after we board the ship . she will be worn out and i know the room stewards do not like you to hang out in the room.

my husband and i are taking our three year old granddaughter on a seven day princess cruise.any advice . i post this on the princess board and got some great advice. but would love some more.packing for her is somthing im not sure about. i dont mind doing laundry.

im thinking 7 short sets 4 dressy dresses.3 sun dresses a jacket 2 pair of jeans 2 swimsuits.7 pair of underware 7 pair of socks 3 shirt to go with the jeans tennis shoes,, dress shoes,sandels,4 pair of pjs,blow up swim ring,arm floats,swim vest,crayons and coloring book,puzzles in baggys,snacks[goldfish crackers] a few toys , her pillow pal her little blanket.a unbrella stroller,not sure about a car seat.we are leaving

san juan come back to new york early may.her mother is not going. they lived with us for a year.so she is very close to us. behaves very well for us. i guess im most worried about nap time after we board the ship . she will be worn out and i know the room stewards do not like you to hang out in the room.

You will be fine to hang out in the room any time after about 1 p.m. I usually take a nap myself on boarding day. :p

I would bring more underwear, more bathing suits, fewer dressy dresses.

Your list seems pretty good, I would add a few more undies though so you won't have to wash any out if she has any accidents. Once cabins are available, you should have no problems with her laying down for a nap other than she might be too excited to even consider one.;) I would go with the flow with that one, if she seems tired maybe a ride around deck in the stroller will allow her to grab a quick nap.

Make sure you have the correct, notorized authorization to take her on the cruise with you.

Have a great trip!

First...don't worry about the cabin attendants....they are there to serve YOU....you're not there to make their life easier!!! It's their job. So, if your gdaughter needs a nap, so be it. A nap she will have. Put the "Do Not Disturb" placard on the door.

Don't be surprised if her normal schedule goes to hell...on vacation, that sort of thing happens, and most are no worse for the wear because of it!

The packing list sounds fine....things can be re-worn, if they're not dirty....and most things won't get filthy, by any means! I'd throw a couple most pairs of underwear in...just to avoid having to handwash...it's a pain!

Have a great time with your grandchild....sounds like fun!! My fondest memories are of my "Nanny"....and we never went anywhere!!!!! It was simply her company that was the highlight of my childhood years!

You might want to consider a portable DVD player, if you have one or can borrow one. Bring some of her favorite discs. It will give you a little break if you put a disc on while your are showering, getting dressed, or just want to decompress.

I would also be sure to bring basic pediatric medications and first aid items. You may not be able to get them on the ship and don't want to have to try and hunt them down in port.

I think a bunch of extra t-shirts would be a good idea. My DS, 4.5, went through shirts more quickly than he does at home. There were more spills, due to things like the ice cream machine!

Your 3 year old will love the Princess cruise. The youth program is warm and inviting and she will enjoy it. This will give you a break. They will page you if there is any problem.

There is self-serve laundry so don't stress too much. Just make sure to have two-three swimsuits and comfortable walking shoes for her. A terrycloth bathrobe is advisable for trips to and from the pool. No one like to drip through the halls.

You will all need a nap after lunch! Close the curtains and call it a rest. She will doze off if you do.

Archived