Customer Service

piscean

We have had a problem with our UK Booking Agent on our upcoming cruise. The Agent had been unresponsive but Regents Customer Service have helped to resolve the matter.

This is only our 2nd cruise with Regent but I have found the Customer Service so very helpful at all times.

Good service is sometimes in short supply these days but not with Regent.

Carol

We have had a problem with our UK Booking Agent on our upcoming cruise. The Agent had been unresponsive but Regents Customer Service have helped to resolve the matter.

This is only our 2nd cruise with Regent but I have found the Customer Service so very helpful at all times.

Good service is sometimes in short supply these days but not with Regent.

Carol

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Things are different in the US and whenever you express a preference for booking directly with Regent you get a host of indignant remarks "Use a TA it's a no-brainer" is a frequent comment! But the staff at Regent's UK HQ led by Graham Sadler are indeed very helpful.

When are you sailing?

Carol, it's good to know you had a positive experience.

Even though I have never booked directly with Regent , from what I understand , it can be a mixed bag (here in the US). But even if their service was consistently good, to me it is a "no brainer" to book with a TA as they usually offer other $$$ benefits that you don't get booking direct with Regent. Maybe that's not the case in the UK.

I'm not trying to rehash this argument, just wanted to clarify.

Carol: Thank you for posting and letting us know of your positive experience. Because of the benefits offered by TA's in the U.S., most of us do not book directly with Regent. Our experience with Customer Service is when we have a quick question. Unfortunately, the answers are not consistent and leave you wondering if the information you received is correct. We may have better benefits in the U.S., but the U.K has better protection when a cruise is cancelled at the last minute. I guess it equals out somehow.

I do indeed book with a TA but have never had such a poor response with other TA's I have used.

I contacted Regent to inform them of this Agency and they then contacted the TA.The response was pretty quick and I am now waiting for an 'offer' that the TA had failed to provide in 9 weeks. The service from the TA was 'well short' of their marketing!

Yes we are lucky to have a UK office for Regent and staff that are helpful.

We are on the Madras to Dubai cruise and really looking forward to visiting India again.

Carol

• 1 month later...

Of all the lines, my experience is Regent has the worst customer service. Instead of trying to work through issues and maintain me as a customer they are managing to alienate me. Other luxury lines will still answer questions, etc., even if you book with an agent. Not so with Regent, they are very rude even when trying to ask the simplest of questions. Also, I have found that there is no consistency in their answers or offers.

To all who are complaining here, I just wish we could recommend our wonderful TA's, but we can't. It is just totally different working with a phone person at headquarters who just doesn't know the workings of Regent yet, and may not ever. Just glad I found my TA many years ago. Besides, I've saved a lot of money! The very best thing, though, is that we have become great friends over the years, even though living far from each other.

To all who are complaining here, I just wish we could recommend our wonderful TA's, but we can't. It is just totally different working with a phone person at headquarters who just doesn't know the workings of Regent yet, and may not ever. Just glad I found my TA many years ago. Besides, I've saved a lot of money! The very best thing, though, is that we have become great friends over the years, even though living far from each other.

Ditto to everything said!

Ditto to everything said!

I also agree. When I finally found my current TA, I have held on tight. Really good customer service can be a rarity these days...

Host Dan

I booked my upcoming cruise and my flights directly with a Regent representative by phone and then later moved the booking over to my TA since we'll be planning some special shore excursions, and will receive some additional OBC thru him. The person I dealt with at Regent was very knowledgeable and effective with all my detailed questions (thanks to this site and other research) plus I also had very specific requests in terms of my flights, which were handled expertly. My TA agreed that she did a great job and felt he couldn't have done any more for us at that stage of the booking/planning. Now, I happened to have had the time to make the couple of calls (and got through immediately) it took. And this is my only experience with Regent so I don't know if my experience was unique.

I booked my upcoming cruise and my flights directly with a Regent representative by phone and then later moved the booking over to my TA since we'll be planning some special shore excursions, and will receive some additional OBC thru him. The person I dealt with at Regent was very knowledgeable and effective with all my detailed questions (thanks to this site and other research) plus I also had very specific requests in terms of my flights, which were handled expertly. My TA agreed that she did a great job and felt he couldn't have done any more for us at that stage of the booking/planning. Now, I happened to have had the time to make the couple of calls (and got through immediately) it took. And this is my only experience with Regent so I don't know if my experience was unique.

I don't think it was unique.

We too have an excellent TA and if I can call directly and not bother him with relaying the message, I do it myself.

In all the years we have travelled with Regent, I have been successful in calling directly, indicating that I was booked thru a TA or searching, and have yet to not have my questions answered. In addition, support has transferred me to the air department when I asked, and they also gave me all the info I wanted.

Plus One - and probably MANY others!

Archived