Noise from Club Fusion?

Nrknits

We had two cabins starboard above Club Fusion on the Ruby recently, didn't hear a thing!

We had the suite above yours on the Ruby. Next Thanksgiving we will be in E733 instead of D737. Do you think the noise from the wake is really loud? Should I be concerned?

There have been few reports of any noise from Club Fusion and most of those were from the furthest aft cabins on the port side as they are above the bandstand. I've been in E725 on two different ships and never heard any noise.

I'm just returning (am typing as we're docking) from a HAL cruise in an aft cabin. Only heard the wake when I was on my balcony.

As the above posters have stated, there is some noise from Club Fusion on the port side. It was not every night, and wasn't too bothersome (mostly thumpy sounding). I would not think twice about it. :)

We are really picky about not booking a noisy cabin but really wanted a mini-suite on our last cruise on the Emerald Princess to celebrate my 50th birthday.

We originally booked E724 -- the only one open but switched over to E727 when we noticed an opening on the starboard side (thanks to the meet and greet thread in the roll calls).

We were 3 cabins from the very back (the much sought after cabin at the very back of the ship with that huge balcony). We heard absolutely NOTHING from Club Fusion below....and I am such a light sleeper that I would have noticed that if there was any noise at all.

We did, however, have a rattling noise right behind our headboard that seemed to appear only at night -- probably because the ship was really moving. It was like a loose wire that was going crazy back there.....me, not much of a bother but my DH was going nuts. We requested someone to fix it and think they came to try ...to no avail. That section of the ship seemed to vibrate like crazy and actually sounded like a jackhammer at times when they were pulling in or out of port. It was so loud at times you couldn't even hold a conversation. Would I take that same room again....in a heartbeat. It just is so worth it to have that covered balcony and a real shower!! Plus, we are non-smokers and didn't seem to have a lot of smokers just forward of us on this cruise....so very nice to be able to enjoy that balcony.

So, the jackhammer noise was really just once in a while and lasted for about 5 minutes -- whereas noise from a public deck above or below can be hours on end. But that starboard side (only one I could speak of) had no ongoing noise from Club Fusion at all.

I was in E714 on Diamond...inside HC suite, and I did not hear anything, although there was a periodic rattle in the globe/dome of the light fixture over the bed. I was sooo tempted to wedge a washcloth in there to stop it. EM

We had E729 and E731 on a recent Caribbean Princess cruise out of New York. Best cabins we have had on any Princess cruise, especially E731 with the larger balcony. No noise from Club Fusion at all and no hallway noise. Peaceful night sleep every night!

We had the suite above yours on the Ruby. Next Thanksgiving we will be in E733 instead of D737. Do you think the noise from the wake is really loud? Should I be concerned?

I love the sound of the wake so I am probably not a good person to help with this question. Was it so loud you couldn't hold a conversation, absolutely not. For me it's like sitting near a waterfall.

Some say they are noisy others not. Personally I would not take the risk. Those staterooms always seem to be "on offer" so I assume they are not popular.
Really? The AD's are usually the first to be booked every time I've checked.

No matter where you are on a ship, it's designed to flex and move with the action of the waves as well as vibrate when the engines are running, thrusters are being used and/or stabilizers deployed. You will almost always hear some noise or feel some vibration whether you are forward, aft, or mid-ship, on a higher deck or lower. It all depends on the seas, wind and ship speed.

We were on the Ruby in E733 back in February. Because we were directly over the Club Fusion bandstand, there were two nights where we could hear the thump of the bass guitar. They played until roughly 1:15 a.m. :eek:

That was the only drawback of that cabin. The room was wonderful, the covered balcony was great!

Really? The AD's are usually the first to be booked every time I've checked.

As of yesterday, two AD's are still available on the Emerald for a November 8th cruise we're taking...

We stayed in E731 (port side, aft with extended balcony) and loved the room and have it booked again. We did hear a very slight "thumping" a couple of nights, but only when the TV was not on and the room was quiet. It only happend in the early evening and by the time we would go to bed (11pm or so) it had stopped so it was not a problem at all.

If you don't want the risk of noise, and don't care about the extended balcony, try the AD's just a bit forward, or on the starboard side. As a previous poster said, the Club Fusion stage is on the port side and I don't recall reports of noise from any starbard side AD's.

We stayed in E731 (port side, aft with extended balcony) and loved the room and have it booked again. We did hear a very slight "thumping" a couple of nights, but only when the TV was not on and the room was quiet. It only happend in the early evening and by the time we would go to bed (11pm or so) it had stopped so it was not a problem at all.

If you don't want the risk of noise, and don't care about the extended balcony, try the AD's just a bit forward, or on the starboard side. As a previous poster said, the Club Fusion stage is on the port side and I don't recall reports of noise from any starbard side AD's.

E731 is stbd side aft (extended balcony). We have this mini-suite and E729 booked for May 26, 2012 NB to Alaska. Can't wait! And glad to hear that there is not a noise issue with Club Fusion on the stbd side.

Marty

Archived