Celebrity doing something to WOW customer.

SilkShirt

These days some companies (like Ritz Carlton) will try to do something extra that's not included or expected.

It doesn't have to be anything big, just something thoughtful.

We just returned from 11 nights on the Equinox last week.

I had fun at karaoke with Michelle, Jackie, and Rachel.

They asked 6 passengers from karaoke to sing in the Theatre in an American Idol type contest. We all had a fun time. I really enjoyed the other singers.( Della, Cynthia, Sarrah, Noel and Alan)

The next night when we got to our cabin there was a professional type dvd of the entire show.

Totally unexpected!

I wanted to share this thoughtful Celebrity experience.

I put my 2 minutes of fame on youtube for my friends and family to see.

These days some companies (like Ritz Carlton) will try to do something extra that's not included or expected.

It doesn't have to be anything big, just something thoughtful.

We just returned from 11 nights on the Equinox last week.

I had fun at karaoke with Michelle, Jackie, and Rachel.

They asked 6 passengers from karaoke to sing in the Theatre in an American Idol type contest. We all had a fun time. I really enjoyed the other singers.( Della, Cynthia, Sarrah, Noel and Alan)

The next night when we got to our cabin there was a professional type dvd of the entire show.

Totally unexpected!

I wanted to share this thoughtful Celebrity experience.

I put my 2 minutes of fame on youtube for my friends and family to see.

Congtratulations and by the way, you are really good!:):D:)

That's great. Princess does the same thing (not the DVD but American Idol). The lounge is allways packed. Haven't been on Celebrity in a few years and had read posts that indicated Karioke not done much on Celebrity. While I don't sing I enjoy the entertainment. Hope this was just not a one off occurance

You have a wonderful voice. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I would never have the guts to belt one out in front of an audience - more like singing into the wind at the top deck on the front of the ship. :D

Keep singing!

Karaoke is held in the theater?

Karaoke was held in one of the lounges. The staff picked 3 guys and 3 ladies from karaoke to sing in an American Idol type contest.

Only the contest was held in theatre. They held it between the early show and the late show. There was a really good size audience. People told me they enjoyed the show. The lady singers outshined the men. We all had a great time!

Thank you for all the compliments on my video. I appreciate it.

I thank Celebrity for making a professional type DVD.

My co-workers have had a fun time with it.

More commentmg on my silk shirt, than my singing!

Excellent voice!!! I presume you've had some training? Good karaoke track, too. Was the machine the kind that's able to change the key of the track? (I've heard these exist -- I've yet to come across one.)

Also kudos to Celebrity for capturing that on DVD for you. I sailed on Holland America and participated in their "Superstar" contest, but they didn't provide anything. Of course their contest was more for fun, I think, considering that the prize (which I didn't win) was a tiny, cheap plastic trophy.

Excellent voice!!! I presume you've had some training? Good karaoke track, too. Was the machine the kind that's able to change the key of the track? (I've heard these exist -- I've yet to come across one.)

Also kudos to Celebrity for capturing that on DVD for you. I sailed on Holland America and participated in their "Superstar" contest, but they didn't provide anything. Of course their contest was more for fun, I think, considering that the prize (which I didn't win) was a tiny, cheap plastic trophy.

Thank you very much. I did have training years ago.

Good question about the machine. I found out later on in the cruise that the machine is able to adjust the key up or down,and is able to adjust the tempo.

I sent Celebrity an email repeating what I said in the original post,and thanking them.

Archived