Private Excursions

bluesea4me

I asked this in a conversation on another thread but didn't get an answer.

We are booked privately for our excursions for the most part. We've been booked since January or so. Do you reconfirm as you near your dates or no?? :confused:

I always confirm with email about a month ahead of time and if it makes sense a phone call.

For most of my privates the vendors understood the customer service and responded quickly and gave us the good feeling we wouldn't be left high and dry at the dock.

I asked this in a conversation on another thread but didn't get an answer.

We are booked privately for our excursions for the most part. We've been booked since January or so. Do you reconfirm as you near your dates or no?? :confused:

I won't book too much in advance. We are sked for an end of Nov cruise, and Princess just changed the itinerary. We had almost booked a private excursion, and now we won't even be going to that island.

If you wait too long you might not get the guide that you want. I book as soon as I can. You just need to verify the cancellation policy. Most reputable guides will not charge you in advance or if your ship doesn't stop. I've only had one that charged in advance and they came highly recommended.

If you wait too long you might not get the guide that you want. I book as soon as I can. You just need to verify the cancellation policy. Most reputable guides will not charge you in advance or if your ship doesn't stop. I've only had one that charged in advance and they came highly recommended.

Thank you. But in my case, I wouldn't know one guide from another, as for these islands it'll be our first time there. But I'd hate to have "the one" tour/excursion we want sold out on us, so I'll follow your advice and check canx policies. I wonder how early these guys generally let you book? I'd guess at about as early as the cruise lines let you book.

Archived