A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

argggminnie.jpg

pirateminniesigning.jpg

Minnie seemed a little puzzled

puzzledminnie.jpg

She called the CM over. The CM said that our last signature was from Minnie. I said, Yes we saw her earlier that day in her Princess outfit. So the CM wanted to know if we still wanted her signature. Now I thought this was a dumb question. Why would we have brought our book up there if we didn’t? I told her yes, so they flipped the book back a few pages so the signatures wouldn’t be back to back.

posewithpirateminnie.jpg

claireandpirateminnie.jpg

We met back up with Mom, actually I think she came back out to check on us, and we headed over to the shops. Claire went off with Mom. I think she thought she had a better chance of mom buying her something than me! LOL! I looked around and picked several things up, but in the end put it all back. I was debating on another sweatshirt, but none of them just appealed to me the same way. I needed it to say Dream, or DCL cruise line and they were too generic.

Mom picked out a Dooney wristlet for her friend and then she said I could pick one too. YIPPEE! My FIRST Disney Dooney and Bourke!

dooneywristlet.jpg

doonewristletback.jpg

Mom ended up getting Claire a hat. It was cute, basic white. What was weird was the logo said WDW. You would think it would’ve said DCL.

After our purchase we headed up for the Buccaneer Blast, which is the fireworks show. I mistakenly kept calling the earlier show that when in REALITY that was the “Pirates IN the Caribbean” party.

We went up to deck 12 on the starboard side. We went up in FRONT of the funnel that has the big screen on it. I don’t recommend doing this. They had the deck blocked off at one part, so we couldn’t work our way over to see the screen or stage. We knew we could see the fireworks there though, and many other were also standing in that area. BUT we could not see the little show that went with the fireworks, nor could hear it very well. I have heard Captain Jack Sparrow ziplines down, but I never saw it….and at that point I had yet to find the dear Captain. I had even asked earlier in the day where he would be…after all it was pirate night, but we found he wasn’t listed for an appearance that night for pictures, but he would be at Castaway Cay the next day.

Anyways…. We stood and waited for the fireworks. We could hear the show going on, but again, hard to make heads or tales of it really without watching it.

Then the fireworks started. I had mixed feelings. They were wonderful and very exciting. Who would think you would see fireworks while on a cruise ship in the ocean…but they were smaller than I thought they would be. As they went on, they did get bigger and better. It kind of started small and slow. By the end I was loving it.

I have not mastered the fireworks shots yet…basically haven’t even tried to…..plus I don’t bring along my tripod on trips, so that makes it next to impossible to get a good shot. I should practice this summer with 4th of July shots and see if I can get it down.

fireworksatsea.jpg

redfireworks.jpg

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

After the fireworks ended, we exited the area with about 5 million others. There was a dance party going on after, but I don’t think many people stayed. We took the stairs down because it was next to impossible to even get close to the elevators.

We headed back to the room. I had asked earlier that evening what time the Aqua Duck was closing and they told me 11:45.

We got back to the room about 10:45ish. We found this guy on our bed.

snaketowel.jpg

snaketowel1.jpg

snaketowel2.jpg

We made a stop at Shutters and checked out all the new pictures taken that evening.

When we got back to the room I realized that glowing Tink was no longer on my bag! UGH! Claire wasn’t too happy with me, but I told her that I would ask about it tomorrow and see if we could get another one. I was hoping they would give us one, but even if I had to pay I would.

I’m not sure exactly what else we did, but I know we (Claire and I) changed into our suits and headed to the Aqua Duck, but it was 11:30 by the time we got there. So we must’ve just done it slowly. We went to get in line and the CM informed us that it was no longer open! WHAT?????? I had asked earlier and they said 11:45! I guess they close the line off early though so they can get the riders through by closing time….Would’ve been nice to know that ahead of time. We walked away with my little girl in tears. I told her that when we got back to the room we would see what time it opened tomorrow and we would go on it as soon as it did.

The Pirate dance Party was wrapping up too. I’m sure we walked through Cabanas, but I don’t remember seeing the buffet, so it must’ve closed up too. I have read that it is NOT open very long on pirate night. I think a lot of people are not even aware it is, and are to full to even go anyways. If it was right on deck there I think some people would make an effort to get a bit of this or that, but when you have to walk a little ways they just forget about it.

We headed back to the room and changed in to our PJ’s. Claire did some more crying and I found out the Aqua Duck was to open at 11 AM the next day. We told her we would probably go on the island for a bit and then come back for the opening of it. But NOT to worry, we would ride it!

I did make one last walk down to the Atrium and prepurchased the CD of pictures. I went and put some more money on my ship account at Guest services. I also asked about getting a replacement Tink and they said they would leave a note for the Royal Palace and they would get back to me in the morning after it opened.

I think Claire fell asleep with in 2 seconds of lying down. It had been a VERY busy and long day. We still had one more to go! I started to write down some of the days activities, but I think I gave it up after 2 minutes myself. The lack of sleep was catching up to me….It was after midnight and I was beat and my body was sore. The stairs and the all day walking were starting to take a toll on my out of shape body!

Day 4 ~ April 2nd, Saturday

I slept GREAT that night again. The bed was so Comfy!!!

I awoke on Sat. around 5:30 AM…yes…I said it…5:30! But I did lay in bed till 6..trying to force myself back to sleep. It didn’t work.

I got dressed and decided to make the morning rounds. Let’s see what my buddies up on deck were cleaning this morning!

Before I go on, I’ll post the Navigators of the day so I don’t forget to later.

day3pg1.jpg

day3pg2.jpg

day3pg3.jpg

day3pg4.jpg

I started my morning journey by looking for the laundry room. Mom and I had talked of doing a load at some point, so I went to check it out.

lauderette.jpg

That ship is utterly beautiful.. You have done such a fine job of covering every little detail with your pictures.. Still wishing I was there..

It is very beautiful. I can't wait to visit her again in Aug, even if it's just for a few hours.

Archived