A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

adultloungers.jpg

adultpool.jpg

wickerchaircluster.jpg

And then I tried to shoot the sunrise.

sunrise1.jpg

While shooting, I started to talk to other guests in the area. Lots of us were excited to see Castaway Cay. I was also amazed at how much nicer it was at the front of the ship today. The day before I was practically blown away, but today you could actually stand there comfortably.

sunrise2.jpg

While several of us were up on the forward deck, chanting, one guy saw a bird on the other side of the clear divider.

finch.jpg

finch1.jpg

We had no clue how he got there. Was he taking a break from flying and catching a free ride to his next destination? Or was he injured? After a little while a CM walked near him on the other side of the plexiglass and he took off flying, so I guess if he was injured, it didn’t affect his flying ability.

I chatted some more with the other guests and took more random pictures as we talked.

sunrise4.jpg

sunrise3.jpg

horns.jpg

I got to talking to one gal particularly. After a few minutes of chatting she asked me if I am on Passporters…..I think I gave her the deer in the headlights look! LOL!!! It took a minute to click.. “Oh, yes, I do post there.” And she asked if I was from Ohio…again, I said yes…. And then she asked… Your husband couldn’t make it right? So your Mom came?....ah yes… And you are Jen, right?...yes.

She introduced herself as Wendy. She told me she had read my PTR and that we had a lot in common and posted back and forth…..OK, I must’ve not had my brain working very well at that time, because I only vaguely remembered her…… But after about 5 more minutes of talking,…it totally clicked. I guess when I wake up at 5:30 AM, my brain is still sleep for a few more hours. LOL! She has like 12 kids….LOL! Just kidding, she has 4, if I remember right. And her youngest is close to Claires age and we were on the same deck…not to far from each other.

I must say Wendy and her DH were VERY nice and friendly and we talked for a bit more. Another girl had joined in the conversation as well, but I never got her name, or saw her again the rest of the trip, but she too was very nice. I stupidly never thought about asking someone to get a picture of us together. I need to get that thought in my brain. I met a few people this trip and not a single picture with any of them!

I am still amazed that she figured out who I was in just the little bit of conversation we had had.

As Wendy and I talked, we both still would take pictures here and there.

glimpseofcc.jpg

See that very large Palm tree sticking out. I believe that is a cell phone tower.

palmtower.jpg

How pretty it is to see the sun rise over Castaway Cay.

sunriseovercc.jpg

sunriseovercc1.jpg

islandawake.jpg

The ship started to turn around now, so it could back into Castaway Cay. Wendy and I said our goodbyes. I thought I would head down to see if the family was awake yet….Then I thought better of it. It was only around 7:15, so I’m sure they were still sleeping. I decided to head to the back of the boat and watch us back in.

backinintoCC.jpg

approachingcc.jpg

palmtreebeach.jpg

I was standing by the miniature golf area, so I took a few shots of that too.

plutosdogtag.jpg

lawnmower.jpg

The closer we got to the dock, the more birds we saw…mainly the “mine mines”…seagulls as the common folks call them.

I decided it was my mission to capture one in flight. Let me tell you that this was really hard. I had a hard time actually getting my camera to focus on one, and then to capture the shot without a blur…or even to get the bird in the picture. Most of my pictures turned out to be just blank…with water or island in the background! LOL!

They didn’t seem to understand that they were supposed to stop and pose for me.

Here is a shot I tried….but I kept at it.

burryminemine.jpg

castawaycay1.jpg

And Skip would not feel homesick at all on CC. They have tractors and gators!

disneytractor.jpg

disneygators.jpg

rocksandapole.jpg

And here she is in all her glory!

stitchedcc640.jpg

Such a beautiful island!

castawaycay4.jpg

And another attempt at the Mine mine! This was an awful shot, but I thought it almost looked angelic.

blurrygull.jpg

And then I got it!!! The perfect shot…well as close to perfect as I was going to get!

seagullflying.jpg

I thought these rocks were so pretty.

rockpile.jpg

giantpalmtree.jpg

At some point and time the ship sounded her horn too. I just LOVE hearing it. It makes me feel so special!

I was starting to get hungry, so I headed off to Cabanas to get something to eat.

I was going to take it to the room, but then after I got it, I decided just to stay there and eat. I asked where to sit, and told me to just get any empty table.

breakfastonccday.jpg

I then went back down to the room and Mom was up, looking at the beautiful view from our balcony. Our room was facing the island side.

We got Claire up and dressed and she and Mom went up for a quick breakfast, while I got freshened up and ready for the day.

The original plan was that I would go onshore for a bit and come back and get them after I took some pictures. But since Mom was up and Claire got right up, we decided to all go onshore together and then return around 11 so we could ride the Aquaduck.

I took my SLR for this part of the day, since it was going to be more of a picture taking trip for me. I also told Mom that I would be walking to the beach, rather than taking the tram, so I didn’t miss anything, but she decided to walk as well.

sideofshipatcc.jpg

pumphouse1.jpg

castawaycaypump.jpg

The original plan was that I would go onshore for a bit and come back and get them after I took some pictures. But since Mom was up and Claire got right up, we decided to all go onshore together and then return around 11 so we could ride the Aquaduck.

I took my SLR for this part of the day, since it was going to be more of a picture taking trip for me. I also told Mom that I would be walking to the beach, rather than taking the tram, so I didn’t miss anything, but she decided to walk as well.

sideofshipatcc.jpg

In the photo of the ship, you can see that the hull isn't painted black, it's actually midnight blue.

Looks like a beautiful island.. Can't wait to see and hear more about it.

Thanks. It is pretty. It may take me a few days to get more up. I am also working on a TR of my day trip to Cedar Point on another board, so I'm trying to divide my time while working on both.

In the photo of the ship, you can see that the hull isn't painted black, it's actually midnight blue.

I know. So many people argue that it is completely balck, when I find it pretty obvious that their is blue mixed in.

We took a ships tour one year and were told about the color. No ships are allowed to be painted black. One day during a meeting, a female employee walked in wearing a dark blue dress. It was almost black. They took a piece of the material and had the color mixed. They then named the color after the employee. That's the story we were told.

Archived