Just off the EMERALD Princess...a small review.

BoPippy

ARRIVED:-

at Embassy Suites April 06...really nice hotel near cruise ships...carpets a little worn for a top hotel,but everything else perfect.Even a Mgr.party for 2 hours with all u can drink,beer,liquor,etc,Popcorn,chips,etc

Went to Outback steakhouse for dinner,really busy,but great food,good prices.

TRANSFER:-

to cruise ship just before noon.Only took 10 min.to get there and 5-10 until we were on board with baggage about 45 min. later.The fastest time ever.So organised.Brought a 12 pack of Beer in backpack,Not a word said!!

This is our 15th cruise on Princess and 1 on Carnival and 1 on RCL.

Unless u have to,Don't buy an Internet package.We had 250 min and only used maybe 20 min.It searches for a long time using up your time.Everyone complained!!

PS:don't buy an Internet package unless u have to.We had 250 min and used every bit,actually used about 20 min.The rest was while it was searching.Everyone was complaining!!!

ROOM;-

C753 Aft..10th floor,Caribe Deck.Loved location,but would never take it again!!!Florida to Aruba for 2.5 days was very rough at the rear of ship.My DW was sick on the 2nd day.People at Mid Ship hardly felt the movement.Like sitting in a car and someone rocking back and forth 24/7...Not good.

Beds r HARD AS ROCK,even with an egg-crate.

Ship is huge,never a problem getting deck chairs unless u go at noon.On sea days,i got up at 6 am took my books,glasses,towels and picked wherever i wanted,went back to room for DW,had breakfast and out to our chairs for the entire day.Perfect.If u r not in good shape,staying at rear of ship,it is a LONG way to the pool areas!

Dining:-

Wanted a table for 2,got it,but was a foot from other tables in a row.Talked to M'D and said i am a big man and would it be possible to have a nicer table,if there is room?He gave us a table for 4,just for the 2 of us for entire cruise.

Waiter Arnold,in Da Vinci was the nicest we ever had and he did Magic tricks at end of our meal every night!Bus Boy,Armando was excellent also.

Food:-

was perfect,cooked perfect,but by the end of 10 days ,i wanted a meal at home.Seemed like it was a lot of the same.

Pizza was worst of any cruise...to thin,had to use a fork,Burgers,Dogs,Fries,Ice-cream-great.

Entertainment;-

The Beatlemania show got rave reviews.It brought a tear to my eyes.Brought back memories of younger days. - standing room only. The others were typical of Princess - long-running musical shows, a comedian and a ventriloquist - nothing great but they were enjoyable.

3000 passengers...Approx:800 Canadian...1700 American and others.Good mix of all ages,few babies,few teens.All ages on board.

Weather was not as good as other cruises.Lot of overcast days.Maybe a good thing,so u don't burn so bad.

Ship,Staff,food,drinks,everything was very positive.

Leaving was effortless and fast.

Island stops:

ARUBA:

Went to Radisson Hotel on Palm beach..37.00 for use of all facilities.for 2 persons..cab was $15.00 each way.2nd time ,was great. Beautiful beach and palapas assigned to u,but u pick from a map what location on the beach u want.Bartender gave me a free Bushwacker mixed dring...so good.Beer and Cheese Burger $15.00 great.

BONAIRE:

Jeep tour to see Salt Flats,Flamingos,Beach,etc.Jeep broke down,had to be towed back,only saw 6 birds,not thousands,like they tell you and on one side of island a ton of plastic crap being washed ashore from South America.

Grenada:

Great for beach as always 4th time here.Took water taxi to Gran Anse beach.$8.00 person return,lawn chairs,umbrella for $10.00,Beer $3.00.Perfect day.

Dominica:

Botanical Gardens,under construction..waste of time.Winding roads..Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool,really beautiful,but SO crowded!!!Swam under waterfalls,best part of the day.

St.Thomas:

5th time here.Always nice stop.Maegans bay for 2 hours and shopping.Unfortunately,it rained after the 1st hour.There was a foot of water in the streets.Not fun.Very unusual for the time of year.

Princess Cays:

The best stop of all!!! Tender ashore to a perfect beach,snorkelling,lots of fish.Standing in water with DW and others and i look down and see what i thought was a flat rock?but it was moving and had a long tail!!A stingray swam by us on the sandy bottom.Yikes!

Great BBQ,ribs were the best!!!Burgers,dogs,fries,cookies,fruit,all kinds.

Caribbean music playing(band)all day long.

Good shopping for gifts,off the property,a 2 min walk,t-shirts for 3 for $10.00

A PERFECT PRINCESS CRUISE,except for Mother Nature spoiling some of it.Very unusual weather for Mid April.:)

Great review.

Here's a tip for those that want to go to the resorts in Aruba. If you take the public bus (very nice and located right outside the terminal) it only cost $2.50 pp to go to the resort areas. The buses run continuously. That would save the $15 each way taxi.

Thanks for sharing.:). We were in C752 last August, and I agree with you. We had no problem with rough seas, but I wish there had been more of an ocean breeze back there, and the hike to the cabin after a long day in port was a little too much. Did you get to the International Cafe? That was my favorite eatery other than the dining room. It was a nice alternative to the crowds at the buffet if all we were looking for was something light. We're looking forward to the Emerald again in summer 2012!:)

Thanks for the review...we did this exact itinerary on the Star on March 24th---sorry your weather wasn't perfect (I won't tell you that ours was!)...

We loved the food on the Star too...except the pizza...and normally I love Princess pizza...but that is probably a good thing as I didn't overeat with pizza snack in the afternoon as I usually do!!

Thanks for sharing.:). We were in C752 last August, and I agree with you. We had no problem with rough seas, but I wish there had been more of an ocean breeze back there, and the hike to the cabin after a long day in port was a little too much. Did you get to the International Cafe? That was my favorite eatery other than the dining room. It was a nice alternative to the crowds at the buffet if all we were looking for was something light. We're looking forward to the Emerald again in summer 2012!:)

Yes,International Cafe is great.Sandwiches,gelato ice cream-4 scoops for $1.50..chichen cashew salad,cookies,desserts.A perfect spot,every day!!!

Great review.

Here's a tip for those that want to go to the resorts in Aruba. If you take the public bus (very nice and located right outside the terminal) it only cost $2.50 pp to go to the resort areas. The buses run continuously. That would save the $15 each way taxi.

I knew that,but i wanted to walk off ship and jump in cab and was there in a few minutes.Out of heat,walking and sitting in bus,i did not feel like it so took the cab.The bus is a great way,if u want to save some money.

Hope they still have the 4 scoop dishes when we board the Emerald in October. The gelato is to die for.

Well - even though they are four scoops they total about the same volume as the original three scoops, the difference being that you can get four different flavors instead of three.

Yes,International Cafe is great.Sandwiches,gelato ice cream-4 scoops for $1.50..chichen cashew salad,cookies,desserts.A perfect spot,every day!!!

God I love that chicken salad !!! :):):)

Thanks for a nice review

Srpilo

Did you reserve your space at the Radisson before your cruise or just go there & request your space? Sounds like a relaxing day at the beach!

Thanks for your review!

Just walked into the lobby and asked for a day pass.Credit card or cash.Some say if it is really booked u may not get one,but this is our 2nd time and so far,so good.If it had not worked out ,we would just go to the vendors on the beach and purchase a chair and umbrella or go to the Ambassador down the road or another place.

Being the middle of April,it is considered off season,so perhaps that is why,we never had an issue?

Thanks for doing a review. Now I don't need to:D I wish we had gone to the beach in Grenada, we hiked up to the fort instead as the weather looked iffy. Not a lot there.

You must have found the good spot to snorkle at Princess Cay. I didn't see much there. Bonaire and St Thomas were betterfor me.

Thanks for doing a review. Now I don't need to:D I wish we had gone to the beach in Grenada, we hiked up to the fort instead as the weather looked iffy. Not a lot there.

You must have found the good spot to snorkle at Princess Cay. I didn't see much there. Bonaire and St Thomas were betterfor me.

u r correct.Much better in Bonaire and St.Thomas,but i did other things those days.Princess Cays was OK,saw some fish,big and small,not a lot,starfish,coral and a big stingray.I had not snorkled in quite a few years,but it came back to me.

Went to Fort before,been there 4-5 times.Gran Anse beach is great for swimming and relaxing.

Still do a review.u have a different outlook and things i may have left out.

It snowed here yesterday,about an inch,gone today.I want to get out of here again!!

We found good snorkeling to the left down the beach by and around the dock.

Archived