Priority Disembarkation & Disembarkation in General

Wannaknow

We are new to Oceania. Who is elegible for priority disembarkation? We are on the Concierge Level A-3.

Also, what is the embarkation policy in general? Checked the Oceania website & could find nothing. We will be going to Alaska if that makes a difference.

I do not know about priority disembarkation

but a few days before the end of the cruise they will leave a form in your stateroom asking what time you want off, if you are using Oceania transfers etc...

Then you will receive colour coded luggage tags, on disembarkation day once the ship is cleared they start calling the colours & off you go

Lyn

Having been in upper level suites on all 5 0f our O sailings, we have never, ever experienced priority boarding.

LHT28 has it right for disembarkation.....tell them when you want disembark. For our Alaska sailing, which leaves SF on 8/26, we'll ask to get off last since we will be driving back to Reno.

My experience is that priority is given to people who have early flights.

Independent travelers can usually leave when they wish once the ship is cleared.

As Lyn said, the ship will ask your information about how and when you are leaving and they will assign times based on your answers.

Leonid,

It is too bad that you never received priority boarding. We have always had a line expressly for PH's and above that enabled us to "cut" the line so to speak. It is one of the perks. Sorry about that.

Leonid,

It is too bad that you never received priority boarding. We have always had a line expressly for PH's and above that enabled us to "cut" the line so to speak. It is one of the perks. Sorry about that.

I believe that Leonid travels with someone who uses a wheelchair, and therefore uses the lines for the handicapped.

Ironically, as he travels in a Suite, he has paid for the privilege anyway, but he has been boarded with priority. ;)

In theory there are three lines one for suites, once for concierge and one for the rest of us. However we have never seen them keep to that.

If the Suites or concierge desks are empty the crew will start directing people to them for check in.

The R ships are small enough that there is never much of a line at any check-in station. It may be a little more crowded on the Marina but knowing the Oceania staff they will make it work as smoothly as possible.

It has never taken us more than 5-10 minutes to stand in line and check in.

As for disembarkation, as stated before, it is primarily driven by flight times, etc. We always stay local so we ask for the 9am time (the latest) as then we don't have to rush and can have a leisurely breakfast. Again, most civilized!

On another thread Leonid said that money is not an object to them (or words to that effect) and that an OS (or Vista?) is "the only way to go."

I objected to that just because for many cruisers money often IS an object.

However, if he travels with someone in a wheelchair I know from personal experience that the OS or VS is a blessing. I was in a wheelchair (unplanned!) for our November 2005 cruise -- I blew out my knee the day before boarding in Barcelona. If we'd been even in a PH, I couldn't have gotten around the cabin in a wheelchair, as I had to do. We'd gotten a last minute upsell to an OS which turned out to be the ultimate in serendipity. We also really used our butler for the first time.

Normally we are quite happy in a PH -- although I will admit to being happier in an OS or VS. I'm just too much of a tight wad to want to pay the usual rates.

Mura

We embark in Barcelona and I was told by an Oceania agent that boarding will be between 1:00 & 2:00 depending on when the ship is cleared and our cabin class. Does this sound accurate considering we're in a B-1 cabin? I thought we could expect boarding to start around noon.

I believe that the technical boarding time for your cabin category is 3pm... but practically speaking, you should be able to board earlier.

It can be the luck of the draw.

Usually the suites are able to start boarding around 11am, so by 1pm you could well expect to be able to board.

I believe that Leonid travels with someone who uses a wheelchair, and therefore uses the lines for the handicapped.

Ironically, as he travels in a Suite, he has paid for the privilege anyway, but he has been boarded with priority. ;)

1. Hi guys..there is no line for handicapped pax...at least not on the 5 sailings we have done...and not in Miami.

2. Yes, the last time we sailed was 02/2009 out of Miami..the main problem was the TSA wannabees...tried to go through all of our carry-ons until I told them to...well you know. ..did stop the nonsense:)

3. Again, we have never experienced priority boarding, not that it bothered us. We were in the OS/VS/PH line when an O person saw that my wife was in a wheelchair. Only then did he take us to the head of the line. Did not ask for it and would have been happy to wait our turn. As long as we boarded

before the ship "weighed anchor", I could not have cared less. I believe that O needs to rethink it processing policy. I could recommend one that would work...doubt that the suits at O would even listen.

4. Truly enjoy your posts...hope we meet someday over libations.

A-3 Concierge has the same boarding time as the PH (at least it did on our last cruise) -- 11am. The exact time will be in your cruise booklet sent 30 days before your cruise.

Special Service Privileges

• Priority early embarkation and dedicated check-in desk
  • Priority luggage delivery
  • Priority restaurant reservations in Toscana and Polo Grill
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation*

So ... if we are staying on for a couple of days in Rome after our Mediterranean Mosiac cruise docks at Civitavecchia (and are in B1 Stateroom - not sure if that makes any difference), what time can we expect to be exiting the ship?

I must confess I hadn't put much thought into it :o and therefore booked a 7am limo based on our stated 6am arrival.

We would happily have breakfast on board and be one of the later departures. If we request a later disembarkation are we certain to get it?

What time should I book the limo for? Any guidance from experienced cruisers greatly appreciated! :)

Larry

The last time to leave the ship is usually 9am. You have to be out of your stateroom, in theory, by 8am. So you and your carry on bags can go to breakfast at 8 and be off the ship by 9. We have never encountered any resistance as to the time we requested. You will get a form in your cabin a few days before the end of the cruise asking about your plans and needs.

I do not know if you will visit another Italian or EU port before Rome but all arrival times are appropriate as the port authorities have to clear the ship and you may have to go through immigration and customs which are usually perfunctory.

I would suspect the traffic to Rome might be worse at 7 am that at 9am.

Therefore I think later is better than earlier.

Also remember your limo driver will wait if you are late off the ship. If he doesn't he may not get paid and certainly will not get a tip.

Also check what time your hotel room will be available. You may have to sit in the lobby until noon or 2 pm so a later arrival in Rome would be better.

You need to vacate the stateroom by 8 am usually

The dining venues usually close at 8 am so just be prepared to sit around until they call your coloured tag for disembarking the ship if you put a later time

I think 9am was the latest you could stay onboard but of course Immigration may have other ideas;)

Most hotels will store your luggage if you arrive early

lyn

Based on our experience of most often being independent travelers I will say that in general I agree with what has been said.

Yes, the first question is when the ship is cleared. You cannot leave until that has happened.

Once it is cleared, independent travelers are pretty free to leave as they wish, as long as they can handle their own carry-on. Once off the ship you find your big suitcases.

The color coded baggage tag you receive will be based on the fact that you are independent.

We also have never left our room at the required hour! We are ready to do so if they throw us out, but they never have. I reasoning is that there generally isn't real sit-down room outside our cabin. We've never waited beyond the "final call", however -- and actually not even that late.

If I were leaving the ship as you say I would have breakfast on the ship and aim to leave around 9am. I haven't left a ship in Rome but I assume that in many city 7am traffic is worse than 9am traffic.

As someone who tends to like to sleep in I would never book a 7am limo unless I had to! And you don't have to.

Have I further muddied the waters?

We are new to Oceania. Who is elegible for priority disembarkation? We are on the Concierge Level A-3.

Also, what is the embarkation policy in general? Checked the Oceania website & could find nothing. We will be going to Alaska if that makes a difference.

There is no such thing as a "Priority DISEMBARKATION". You may be thinking of "Priority EMBARKATION" - the time on which certain booking groups may board the vessel.

Those times will be listed in your final documents.

When I boarded the Marina in Miami on March 28th there were four separate lines for check in, not three. Regular, concierge, penthouse and top suites (black carpet for those btw.) There are also now four colors of cabin cards: white, silver, gold and gold with black trim.

When I boarded the Marina in Miami on March 28th there were four separate lines for check in, not three. Regular, concierge, penthouse and top suites (black carpet for those btw.) There are also now four colors of cabin cards: white, silver, gold and gold with black trim.

Gold with black trim: who died?:confused:

I would doubt it. With so many more passengers, Marina would need at least one more line. And with only six "super suites" oln the "R" ships, there is hardly a need to give them a separate line from the PH passengers.

Or so it seems to me!

Archived