Eurodam photos and menus posted

Infi

If anyone is interested, my daughter recently finished her photo albums from our recent Eurodam cruise and asked me to share them. You can find them all here:

Just click on the thumbnail to view an album, or to view a photo in larger size. There are many pictures of the ship itself in the Eurodam album and photos of the MDR, Lido, and other menus and food pictures in the Menus/Food album. Enjoy! :)

Wow! Please thank your daughter for all of us who love to cruise. A real trip down memory lane for St. Thomas & Puerto Rico, as it's been many years since we've traveled to those islands. Oh, the food pictures! My mouth is watering, and my stomach is screaming for 1 bowl of those fruit soups, which are my downfall. Eurodam looks lovely. I've read many positive comments about her decor and lay-out on these boards. Those pictures are a wonderful way to relive your cruise. Glad there's someone out there, besides us, who takes hundreds of pictures. Between the three of us on Zuiderdam this past December we have 1, 457 pictures.

A real coincidence you had cabin 1116, since we just booked that cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam for next summer. Would you be kind enough to let us know if it had ample space? From some pictures on Joanie's site 1116 looks HUGE on the Noordam (I think it's the Noordam or one of her sisters), but doesn't show that large in your daughter's photos. NA & Eurodam are almost carbon copies, so 1116 would be the same sq. ft. on NA as on Eurodam. Any info would be appreciated. Our initial deposit is due tomorrow. If we're going to change cabins now would be the best time to do it. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and compliments, they're very much appreciated. I'm so glad others are finding these helpful. But maybe I should have posted a warning that the food photos are not to be viewed on an empty stomach!

trophy_23, yes, we come back from every trip with thousands of photos. :eek: I'm glad to hear it's not just us, too! ;)

sevenseasnomad: Yes, 1116 has plenty of space, so don't worry. We've also had the exact same cabin on Vista class (Westerdam) and the rooms were identical in size, layout, and shape. We love these cabins, they have a great location and the size can't be beat. Sorry it may not have shown up that way in the photos. :o One difference we noticed on Eurodam was that there was a crew corridor immediately behind the cabin, and at night you could sometimes hear noise as people were coming and going. I personally never heard it, but DD's bed was up against that back wall, and she said she'd hear occasional noise and doors opening at night. Just wanted to mention that part.

I hope you read this before you talk to your TA today - you snagged a great room.

Thank you, infi, for the quick response. We're heading to TA in about an hour to lay down the deposit and pay the balance on Veendam Bermuda. Then, we're broke!

Yes, we believe we got a great cabin, but it's nice to have it confirmed by someone who called it home for a time. This Christmas we have 1113 & 1119 (adjoining cabins) on Noordam. These cabins appear to be the same size as 1116.

We don't expect to hear any noise on NA, as our beds will be made into a queen so neither DH or I will be against the wall. Thanks for the warning though. Once, (1980) we had a cabin right next to the anchor release. Talk about racket! We definitely didn't need an alarm clock on disembarkation morning.

Thank you, infi, for the quick response. We're heading to TA in about an hour to lay down the deposit and pay the balance on Veendam Bermuda. Then, we're broke!

Yes, we believe we got a great cabin, but it's nice to have it confirmed by someone who called it home for a time. This Christmas we have 1113 & 1119 (adjoining cabins) on Noordam. These cabins appear to be the same size as 1116.

We don't expect to hear any noise on NA, as our beds will be made into a queen so neither DH or I will be against the wall. Thanks for the warning though. Once, (1980) we had a cabin right next to the anchor release. Talk about racket! We definitely didn't need an alarm clock on disembarkation morning.

No problem! Sounds like you shouldn't have any issues with the wall behind the room then, the only reason we had a problem was because our beds were in the twin configuration.

BTW, what a coincidence, we will have rooms #1119 and #1123 on a cruise on the Noordam this fall. So keep your eyes peeled, you'll probably be getting a preview of those rooms too! :)

MAGNIFICENT PHOTOS!!!!! Thanks for posting and congratulations to your daughter on creating a fine display.

I'd love to see a collection like this of each and every HAL ship!

I've not yet sailed in EURODAM or NW AMSTERDAM. From this collection one gets the 'feel' of the ship. I fear we are going to miss Mr Frans Dingemans as interior designer of future HAL ships. His style is so very distinctive.

Stephen

If anyone is interested, my daughter recently finished her photo albums from our recent Eurodam cruise and asked me to share them. You can find them all here:

Just click on the thumbnail to view an album, or to view a photo in larger size. There are many pictures of the ship itself in the Eurodam album and photos of the MDR, Lido, and other menus and food pictures in the Menus/Food album. Enjoy! :)

Thank your daughter (and you!) for these phots. It really made the ship feel alive for me. We recently returned from a trip on the Oosterdam and are scheuled for the Eurodam in a few months. I understand a lot more about the ship and what I can/want to do.

Infi, what Great Photos!!

May I grab some for the Eurodam Pages??

Joanie

Thanks all, on behalf of myself and DD (the silent CC reader), for the kind words. I'm really happy to see so many found the photos useful and a good preview of Eurodam. She's a great ship, wish I was back onboard now.

SmokinActuary: if you'll notice, there are no photos of the actual Master Chef's disaster, just the menus. :D No omission there - we enjoyed a nice trip to the Tamarind that night instead.

Joanie - yes, you may take some photos for the Eurodam pages. I've been meaning to send you cabin pics for the cabin pages too, I'll try to take care of that soon. :o

SmokinActuary: if you'll notice, there are no photos of the actual Master Chef's disaster, just the menus. :D No omission there - we enjoyed a nice trip to the Tamarind that night instead.

Those are my plans also when I go on the NA in November!!! :D

• 1 month later...

Great Photos!!

I really enjoyed looking through them.

Your daughters dress on the first formal night was lovely and big congratulations to her for her fantastic bingo win!! - What a wonderful way to end your cruise :D

Loved all the food photos too, i'm hungry now!

Thankyou both for sharing the photos, you look like you had a wonderful holiday.

8 weeks today we will be boarding her sister ship and we cannot wait!!!!!:D:D:D

Sam :)

Wow....I just finally got around to looking through the photos since I'm booked on a cruise on the Eurodam. Amazing...what a lot of work your daughter did to provide all those photos and to share them with us. Thank you SO much for sharing them and tell your daughter she does excellent work!

Archived