BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

They will be arriving in Barcelona in a few hours.

Also in port with them will be

Barcelona, Spain : Carnival Magic, Norwegian Epic,Dawn Princess

Total pax; 9802

we might a shot of them from Norwegian Epics bridge cam:rolleyes:

I thought we would be lined up for a good view of Dawn Princess

in Barcelona from Norwegian Epics cam..

10dawnepic3.jpg

Then OH NO, look who came along and will spoil our view.:mad:

Grand Holiday, another ex Carnival ship,

that is to the Spanish Market,

what Pacific Sun is to the Australian market.

10dawnepic4.jpg

Just as well someone knows what they are doing:D

Silly me:eek: I keep forgetting about the Carnival cams.

They only seem to have them on the newer ships.

Thanks for waking me up:)

Lets hope thats where Dawn heads to dock,

and we will get a good view of her.

It will be a busy place today with all those cruisers visiting, the decks are bare on Magic

Barcelona has become a big cruise ship hub these days, so I am picking that Magic and Epic will be having a turnaround day, and the folk on Dawn should be OK as its a Port of Call for them, so they will all be in transit.

We are in Barcelona today and we have free wifi on shore, so I have been catching up on your thread - thanks very much to all of you who have been going to so much trouble - not to mention the sleepless nights to capture so much of the port views and info for us - we really will love to look back when we get home - have to pinch ourselves every day - we are so blessed to be having such a great trip. A couple of points to answer some of your comments previously:-

Athens was very quiet and we had absolutely no trouble.

There was a small hydraulic problem (apparently quite routine)on one engine but it was fixed in a couple of hours - Captain Todd McBain likes to make sure we are always informed about what is happening on the ship - they had to slow down a bit to fix the problem so he came on to explain why we had slowed - no drama at all.

Plans to start to test the repaired engine are still on schedule -after Barcelona the testing will start - the captain seems to still be confident that all will be fixed and operational before Dover.

Keep up the great work in capturing the screen shots - the bloggers on board love the fact that you are enjoying our blogs and sharing our experiences. Thanks for the support

Cheers Ros (World Explorers):D:D:D

We are in Barcelona today and we have free wifi on shore, so I have been catching up on your thread - thanks very much to all of you who have been going to so much trouble - not to mention the sleepless nights to capture so much of the port views and info for us - we really will love to look back when we get home - have to pinch ourselves every day - we are so blessed to be having such a great trip.

Cheers Ros (World Explorers):D:D:D

Thanks so much for touching base with us on this thread. We have all been enjoying following the world cruise and appreciate the effort involved in keeping up all your blogs, especially in the port intensive Med.

What a special husband you have to organise such a wonderful birthday present of two nights in Barcelona and four nights in Paris. I can well imagine how fantastic that bath looked after using a ship bathroom for so long. Hope they provided bubble bath!

If you have time, when you return to the ship at Le Havre (known as the Concrete City), try to include a visit to attractive Honfleur nearby.

Archived