BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

We have just left Mykonos bound for Istanbul. Mykonos was tender port which worked quite well - some waiting in the morning cause everyone wants to go ashore at the same time - fabulous day under clear blue Mediterranean skies - thanks to everyone who is reading our blogs - we love to receive your comments and to know that someone is actually reading them - the ships internet is so slow so we don't often get the chance to check in with cruise critic. We haven't heard anything about Athens being changed yet so are confident that we will be going there as planned.

Cheers

Ros :D:D:D

Watching Wimbledon Men's Singles semi finals live, whilst reading the blogs during breaks in the excitement - doesn't get any better than this!

Thank you to all the bloggers and photographers for reaffirming Mykonos is a special place.

The cams are not co-operating today:mad:

The sun is in the way and the bridge cam is not updating, however got these ones . 2nd one is from the Galatea Tower cam , that pans up and down the harbour , so its luck of the draw , as to what you get.

Got one of Dawn Princess approaching the wharf.

2istanbul1.jpg

2istanbul2.jpg

I just had n E Mail from couple of our friends on board, Rob and Carol. They only had 6 hours or so in Mykonos, but enjoyed it. In Petra, 36 bus loads went out from DP to see the 'church in the rock' if that is what it is called? They also loved Jerusalem, soldiers with machine guns everywhere. Understandable.

Re the trouble in Athens, we call into Piraeus for Athens in mid October on Ruby Princess, hope the natives settle down by then.

Thanks David, Celebrity Equinox, she looks like a Wedding Cake ! LOL.

Got a friend who did the Transatlantic on that ship in May, Fort Lauderdale to Civitevecchia (Port of Rome.) They have real grass lawn up top, but no BYO grog, fanatical about it, search everything. Cheapest vino on board is $33 per bottle, bit over the top.

Just a little cruiseship trivia, sorry for going off topic.

Just a little cruiseship trivia, sorry for going off topic.

No need to be sorry....

Such comments help to bring the board alive..;)

I think its called "thread drift"...

but as long as we come back to the topic in hand.

What the heck?:D

All comments and observations are more than welcome.

Over the years , thats how I have learned more and more about cruising. :D

Exciting reading today, with two bloggers already on their pyramid experiences!

I just wish I had time to read all the blogs. Great reading.

Thanks for posting the maps David - a great help to actually see their route. :)

They are now on the way to Piraeus, the port for Athens.

The blogs will be very interesting to read about that port of call and what is going on there.

It was reported on the news that the Greek Parliament increased the GST overnight from 10 or 13 % , to 25%......

wonder what that will do to the taxi fares, or even the Metro to get into the City?

Sounds like everything went well for them in Athens. The pics brought back lots of memories of that wonderful City.

As I post they should be crossing the Bay of Naples , arriving later this afternoon , our time.

Archived