BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

Hi All and Sandielle

Yesterday in Bergen we also had the Crystal something mmm quite a big ship. We are at sea today and tomorrow with a bit of luck we will be in Greenock. The internet has been down since we arrived in Bergen and has only been available in the last hour or so. It is 6.15pm on board so it was unavailable for most of today and all of yesterday. We were told it was the satellite.

Philip and all the other unluckys arrived yesterday and a lot of us have met Philip. John and I had lunch with him yesterday and he is a lovely but not happy chappy. They had to make all their own arrangements and are still waiting to hear from Princess that they needed to go to Bergen.

Hi Remroda. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Glad to hear the new cruisers made it on to the ship. It would have been very hard on them having to make new arrangements, but thank goodness they found out about in time.

For a 1st time cruiser, which would you suggest? Australia or New Zealand?

Depends where you live and where you wish to sail from. New Zealand is a wonderful destination (we've been more than once) but if you are on the east coast of Aus, a cruise up the coast to Port Douglas is a good starter. :)

Bergen looks like a lovely place to visit.

I am glad all who were to board in Amsterdam are finally on the ship. But I really would have thought Princess or their agents would have helped the stranded passengers.

Bergen looks like a lovely place to visit.

I am glad all who were to board in Amsterdam are finally on the ship. But I really would have thought Princess or their agents would have helped the stranded passengers.

Yes, Bergen is a beautiful place to visit, Raison. I've done that scenic walk down the mountain, like a number of the bloggers did.

I am interested in hearing the outcome of the insurance claims by the stranded passengers, compensation from Princess for missed days on board, etc.

In the meantime, I'm hoping Dawn Princess is providing them with star treatment.

I would say that a number of the less experienced travellers were lucky to have Philip to guide them to a better city hotel in Bergen.

Philip good to see you back again and blogging.

And well hello BJ nice to see you on your second round on the Dawn.

Keep us up with the news on what happens with Princess on compensation,

absolutly disgusting the way the second leggers have been treated in regards to Amsterdam no show.

Enjoy your holiday

Min

Archived