BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

16dawn2.jpg

16dawn3.jpg

Just sailing into Le Havre now.

It is the port for Paris, but I believe its a long ride, and once there they wont have much time . I believe , just across the estuary from the port , is the French Village of Honfleur which a lot of folk choose to visit. I think you can just take a local bus there.

Looking forward to hearing about their day in France.:)

Thanks David, yes LE HAVRE is quite a big Port. We were there on Crown Princess in 2009.

Nothing really at the Port for cruise pax.

The actual town is about 30 minutes walk from the Pier. A lot of pax go to Paris for the Day, too rushed. Others go to D Day Landing Beaches.

On our 2 visits on our 2009 B2B we did shorex to Honfleur, and shorex to Fecamp/Entreat ? very nice.

Well part 1 of this epic adventure is drawing to a close. I am sure everyone has had a great time. I hope the engines last out.

Mention has been made of the English Channel, it is one big moving parking lot for ships..I know back in 2009 I counted 30 ships around us, we were the biggest at 100,000 tonnes, no one got too near us.

As our world cruisers reach the half way mark in Dover, and the half world cruisers disembark, I wish to thank those who took the time to take us along for the ride, with their entertaining blogs and photographs.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, which brought back fond memories to those of us who have visited ports previously. You have brought much pleasure to many.

Wishing you good health and safe travels for the rest of your journey.

As our world cruisers reach the half way mark in Dover, and the half world cruisers disembark, I wish to thank those who took the time to take us along for the ride, with their entertaining blogs and photographs.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, which brought back fond memories to those of us who have visited ports previously. You have brought much pleasure to many.

Amen to this! Wonderful, thank you. :)

Thanks from me too, it has been so enjoyable to read and travel along from my armchair.:)

Well said, I will drink to that.

The journey continues.

Hey David

She is in the port if it is her I can see in the middle of the screen. Too far away and cannot get a capture as computer not happy at moment

http://www.ferrycheap.com/webcam.asp

Thanks for that link..I forgot about that one..:rolleyes:

You can just make her out , but a bit blurry...still it is very early in the morning:D

17dawndover3.jpg

damn no amsterdam today due to high winds... just came down to check ship tracker as we thought something was up.... just had the captains message.... oh well better go and take off the raincoats LOL

joanne

Archived