BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

garry would have been one of those people above the bridge filming.... the captain hi tailed it out as a storm was going to hit... we watch the lightening over the city as we moved further out to see...

skirting hurricane emily and going to colon tomorrow... hopefully to see the gatun locks from land

we will be going through the lock 7 am our time... approx 10 sydney time... don't forget we are all counting on you for webcams....

I will probably be on deck 11 midship balcony ... 2 flags and bunting waving... We will probably be there for mirafloras too..... will be waving as we pass...

joanne

garry would have been one of those people above the bridge filming.... the captain hi tailed it out as a storm was going to hit... we watch the lightening over the city as we moved further out to see...

skirting hurricane emily and going to colon tomorrow... hopefully to see the gatun locks from land

we will be going through the lock 7 am our time... approx 10 sydney time... don't forget we are all counting on you for webcams....

I will probably be on deck 11 midship balcony ... 2 flags and bunting waving... We will probably be there for mirafloras too..... will be waving as we pass...

joanne

Enjoy Joanne, I hope the locals are out to wave you through at Mirafloras. :D

I am back from our cruise so there will be plenty of web cam pics ;) (Just make sure your on the side of the ship where the web cams are :D)

Thanks for the update! :)

joanne

Love your enjoyable blog - first thing I look for on CC!

Sad lesson, Joanne. Don't EVER PAY in advance, when you are on a cruise. So sorry you had to experience all that, after all your wonderful successes!

(We were going to do an Everglades tour, near FL, but thought they all looked so seedy, we gave it a miss at that spot!! (Did one later in the real Everglades, but decided on a tour out to the ocean to see some rare pelicans on a spit, whilst the sun set. Turned out they were just like ours!! Chose the wrong tour! :)

Enjoy going through the Panama Canal.

Yeah the port everglades was a bit hairy... but we did end up doing everything that was planned ..... just the hassles a long the way.... I feel more sorry for the company that got stung by the first company...

Stu...

deck 11 mid ship....... 2 aussie flags hanging next to each other to create one big blue blog.....

eek ... Mirafloras for aussies... something 3.40 am....... gatun 10 pm the night before...

joanne.... up ready to arrive in colon later today....

I have just caught up on this thread and before the Panama Canal transit tonight,

I would like to say a Big Thank You to Kiwi Kruzer and Sandielle (Also Thank you to purpledragon & Raison) for posting those great webcam images over the past 35 days (and putting up with grumpy web cams!!) and for keeping this thread going…

I am sure packetau will enjoy looking back over this thread and reliving her cruise by web cams!

And a special Thank You to everyone who’s on the Dawn Princess who’s been posting live from the ship!, something new for the 2011 World Cruise thread!.

Archived