Miami hotels??

phillychick

I'm crusing the Majesty of the Seas on 10/31. I have HiltonHonors Rewards and was wondering which of the following hotels to pick: Hilton Miami Downtown or Embassy Suites @ 17th Street. Do you know which hotel is closest to the Bayside Marketplace? And if either offers a free shuttle to the pier?

Thanks for the info.

I'm crusing the Majesty of the Seas on 10/31. I have HiltonHonors Rewards and was wondering which of the following hotels to pick: Hilton Miami Downtown or Embassy Suites @ 17th Street. Do you know which hotel is closest to the Bayside Marketplace? And if either offers a free shuttle to the pier?

Thanks for the info.

You are asking about 2 different cities. Embassy Suites on 17th is in Fort Lauderdale and the downtown Hilton is in Miami near Bayside. From the Hilton to the ship will be about a $10 cab ride, no free shuttle.

Try the Doubletree on Biscayne (next door to the Marriott) - you can use your Hilton Points there, some rooms have a view of POM (a great view in the morning! :D) and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good. It is a long walk (just under a mile) to Bayside, or you can ride the Metro Mover or take a cab (under $10).

Good luck! :)

I guess my question now is since I have Hilton Honors points is there any Hiltons, Hamptons, Embassy Suites new the Port of Miami and/or Bayside?

I would go for the Hilton Bentley on South Beach. Very nice.

South Beach hotels are so nice across the board, that what would be taken for a resort or four star resort in any other town is a moderate hotel on South Beach.

Anyone stay at Embassy Suites - Miami Airport?

I've stayed at ES in the past, just not this one... and like the complimentary reception & breakfast.

But, wondering about their free airport shuttle... and the cruise shuttle that comes with the cruise package deal.

Any experience/thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyone stay at Embassy Suites - Miami Airport?

I've stayed at ES in the past, just not this one... and like the complimentary reception & breakfast.

But, wondering about their free airport shuttle... and the cruise shuttle that comes with the cruise package deal.

Any experience/thoughts would be appreciated.

Stayed at this one several times, and again this fall. Nice ES. Good breakfast, great staff. Very near the AP. There isn't much in the way of things around the Hotel, ie restaurants/stores/beaches. They have a good and resonable resaurant/stakhouse on site. Nice big atrium. The airport shuttle is free, runs like every 25 minutes so you might be waiting for a few at the airport. The shuttle from the hotel to port is $10pp. Great hotel, we love it. If you can find a decent deal you can usually get it for around $100/night.

We stayed one night at the Downtown Miami Hilton a few months ago. It is very close to the Port and cost us $8.00 by taxi. The hotel is a ways from any shopping or restaurants. It is more of a business hotel. It was clean but a bit old style. The casual restaurant reminded us of a Las Vegas buffet from the 1970's. We got it for a good deal and only needed it to sleep after a long flight from the West Coast. We got a free upgrade to a nice view room of the ships. For one night it was fine.

Archived