not using royal caribbean's TA and using 15,000 point

HI

I wonder if I m able to do this. i want to book my next royal caribbean cruise with a travel company other than royal caribbean so they will pay for gratuities. Also have the royal caribbena credit card and i want to use 15000 points to get $150 USD towards the purchase of a cruise.

My question is , since I didnt made the reservation directly with royal , how am I going to get the $150 off? will the TA that Im using lower the fare , will be ne royal ? Thanks !!!!

HI

I wonder if I m able to do this. i want to book my next royal caribbean cruise with a travel company other than royal caribbean so they will pay for gratuities. Also have the royal caribbena credit card and i want to use 15000 points to get $150 USD towards the purchase of a cruise.

My question is , since I didnt made the reservation directly with royal , how am I going to get the $150 off? will the TA that Im using lower the fare , will be ne royal ? Thanks !!!!

After you book the cruise, you get the 15K coupon from B of A and send it to Royal. Your fare will be lowered by $150. This may reduce the commission that the TA gets, so the TA may reduce or eliminate their perk. You may want to talk with the TA before you book.

Yes, be sure the TA knows about the $150 fare reduction before you book, as this will reduce their commision and may result in less in the way perks offered. You could pay full fare, get the TA perks and then use the Visa points for on board credit which would have no effect on your TA.

HI

send the cert in using OBC. Otherwise you will probably lose some or all TA incentive

I made my reservation during the wow sale so I already have $100 onboard credit , its it posibble to combine that with the onboard credit from my certificate?

Credit card certificate and incentives RCL give you are totally separate and are combinable

Clarea is correct.

It might be beast to get the $150 in on board credit. That way you pay full cruise price and get the best benefits and still have the $150 in credit.

M

That is what we did, OBC on the ship. Essentially the same as lowering our cruise cost $150 but didn't mess with the TA perks. :)

I booked with a TA to get the gratuities paid. They took the gratuities away when I used my visa certificates. But I used 2 certificates worth $1000. I do not need that much OBC and I didn't know before I booked this would happen. I am getting $200 OBC from additional certificates so all is good.

Archived