Distraught on Destiny right now!

imluvncruzn

I think the OP just needed someone/something to vent to. She has no duty to come back and let us know what happened.

Oh yes she does. She took the time (while distraught as she was) to go find a computer, sine on to CC and start this thread.

She most certainly does owe the 4 pages worth of people replying and expressing concern an update.

Don't shoot the messenger, but, feelings are subjective - why make such a seemingly flippant remark - how about a little empathy?

I'm with ya....I'm always amazed by some of the things people say...lol:rolleyes:

Oh yes she does. She took the time (while distraught as she was) to go find a computer, sine on to CC and start this thread.

She most certainly does owe the 4 pages worth of people replying and expressing concern an update.

Agree. Other posters say she's busy etc, yes, but it would be courteous to get on line again, it really won't take that much time to update.

No one owes anyone anything out here.

Why to so many people on Cruise Critic think people owe them things?

Seems to me a very common thread through out the Cruise Critic boards.

Well, I do hope the Op comes back. But I doubt it. Or at least not until after the cruise is over. She obviously went into a panic and perhaps thought that by some magical button, CC-ers would summon JohnHeald who would speak to the beards who would then rain down on the captain to "Avast/Weigh Enough/Heave To" until the prodigal son shuffled down from Buffalo. On realizing that such was not to be deemed,as time and money to corporate coffers wait for no cruiser, she continued to melt down like Fukushima. Then seeing it could cost her the price of another cruise( or two more semester hours) to just pay for the slow internet service to respond to our huzzahs and raspberries, she's waiting until return to come back and "Gladys Ormphby" us with her purse.:rolleyes:

Surely there are CC-ers on board who can share, though probably via a review, if indeed the ship left on time as zqvol's link to the estimated GPS position (often very wrong, BTW) seems to indicate.

Apologies in advance for all mixed medaphors.:p

I know that the last thing I'd be looking to do on a cruise with my family is post to cruise critic.....and internet access is expensive...and so isn't cellular at sea...

I do hope she comes back when the cruise is over to let us know the outcome of her son's misadventure!

Man, I feel bad for the OP. Haven't read the whole thread, but there a lot of second guessing for this person from what I've read so far., I would be "DISTRAUGHT" as hell if this happened to me. Yeah, I actually used the word distraught and it didn't involve someone dying 'riduculous statment IMO by the way"... Guess I'll finish reading and hoping all went well.

She could of easily posted from her phone. Ive got CC bookmarked on my iphone and can post from it!

You mean US Scareways? Worst airline ever.:)

I knew they were partnering, I didn't know US Airways absorbed them completely. When they announced their partnership, I thought it was throwing bad money after worse, because the other really bad experiences I had were on US Airways (2 times). It would be nice to think the merger allowed them to get their "shtuff" together.

Perhaps I won't run screaming when their flights pop up in a search now.

Happy cruising,

Laura

I too would like to hear the outcome. Maybe when she gets home she will post...........BUT ...remember the "EPIC SAGA" last year about the mom who posted that her daughters engagement was off and they didn't know if the ex-fiance would show up to fill his spot on board. We heard all the sordid details of that break-up. That one went on and on for hundreds of posts then one day POOF the whole thread was gone. Never did hear the end of that one. Then there was the lengthy "WINTER SNOW STORM" thread about people being stranded and not making flights and cancelled fligts and re-routed flights, yadda, yadda, yadda. It took on a life of its own trying to get these people to the ship. I don't think we ever heard the results of that one either. So I'm not putting a huge amount of confidence in finding out what happens here either.

I am with you all - I keep coming back to see if there happens to be an update - hopefully when she returns. If not then this too will be an unsolved mystery.

I truely hope her son and his friends made it and if not they were able to catch up at the next port and they all had a trip of a lifetime...

There was an episode of the MASH TV series where the last pages of a novel were torn out and nobody knew who the murderer was.

I came back to see if the kids made it.

Oh, well. I hope they had the adventure of a lifetime. Whatever happened, it'll make for good cocktail party conversation for years to come...."I (almost)missed the boat once. Yeah, back in '11. It was right after my College graduation." :D

There was an episode of the MASH TV series where the last pages of a novel were torn out and nobody knew who the murderer was.

I came back to see if the kids made it.

Oh, well. I hope they had the adventure of a lifetime. Whatever happened, it'll make for good cocktail party conversation for years to come...."I (almost)missed the boat once. Yeah, back in '11. It was right after my College graduation." :D

(message deleted)

POOH!!! I just read 5 pages of posts hoping to find out whether her son made it or not. Hope she comes back and lets us know. It's like getting to the back of a book and finding the last page gone (had that happen once).

I read the 1st page and then jumped to the last page.:D:D:D

I thought about reading them all.:rolleyes:

Wow - once again I'm reminded of what a great source of information this forum can be and how much people judge!

Who cares what terminology the OP used!?! maybe she posted when on the ship in Miami from a iPhone toe device and by the time she could update was out at sea where data romaing would cost loads :rolleyes:

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and wait until she gets home beforen judging.

Wow - once again I'm reminded of what a great source of information this forum can be and how much people judge!

Who cares what terminology the OP used!?! maybe she posted when on the ship in Miami from a iPhone toe device and by the time she could update was out at sea where data romaing would cost loads :rolleyes:

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and wait until she gets home beforen judging.

I Agree,i sure did not use my phone when i was at sea,but i still would like to know the outcome.

Archived