3-star mariner discount

1cruiselvr

Anybody know if the 3-star mariner 25% off alternative dining discount applies to Le Cirque night at the pinnacle? Thx.

We did the LeCirque thing on the Westerdam over Thanksgiving, cruising with 4 star SA Suite passengers. (We are in the cheap seats). We went as their guest, and they told us that the discount applied to them and to us too. Take this with a grain of salt, I didn't see the bill, I just left the tip.

Anyway, on our last two Maasdam cruises as 3 star, we dined in the Pinnacle five or six times. The discount was applied to that bill without us asking. My guess is that the discount does apply.

from what I have read on the three and four star mariner rules and what I have seen posted from the great sources here at cc, it is my understanding that the discount does apply to Le Cirque:D Makes it a bit more reasonable to try and report back here on what we thought:)

We're going to do it once at least. it's dh's birthday on Le Cirque night so I thought why not? (he doesn't know - it's ok, he doesn't read the boards:))

Absolutely -- we got out our Mariner discount for Le Cirque.

Warning -- just check your shipboard account within a day or two to make certain that you got the discount.

We had to fight for all discounts on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The manager in the Pinnacle didn't make certain that we got them.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've been away from the boards for awhile due to personal issues. It's nice to see the same friendly, helpful posters. I'm so excited to be sailing again - trying the Zuiderdam in Oct.

Hmmm, we pre-purchased two dinners at the Pinnacle from the HAL website but didn't get any discounts. Can we talk about this when we're on the ship?

The discounts are suppose to appear on your shipboard account AFTER you have actually eaten at the Pinnacle or Tamarind.

Hmmm, we pre-purchased two dinners at the Pinnacle from the HAL website but didn't get any discounts. Can we talk about this when we're on the ship?

You sure can - at your dinner mention it to the PG manager and check your on board account in a day or two to make sure you got it. You have to pay full price on line and then get your discount after you have eaten as KK has pointed out :) My experience - it's not automatic - you should ask to be sure you get it ;)

Thanks Bumper. Don't know if I really want to spend the $$ but the discount does help a bit should we decide. Maybe just a regular pinnacle dinner instead. Decisions...decisions....:D

If you prebook online, you have to pay the regular price upfront. Then, when you arrive for your meal and present your card, tell the Pinnacle manager that you are entitled to the discount. Your name will be put on a list and you will receive the rebate on your onboard account.

It annoys me everytime we prebook Pinnacle and are charged the full amount. The four star mariner discount is 50%. It is beyond me why their Techies can't see to it the proper amount is charged on the site. The Mariner Number is needed to sign on and do the booking.

I'm not tech smart but even I have to think it's an easy adjustment. How does every retail site on the web provide promo code shopping discounts upon checkout? HAL should be doing the same. Wonder how many people never get the discount?? :rolleyes: I know that DH and I would not spend our vacation time to argue for $10. It feels so unpleasant to have to make an issue over such a small sum but it is wrong for them to over charge.

My upcoming Alaska cruise on Volendam will be the first time I have sailed after reaching 3-star status. Can anyone tell me how we obtain the 25% savings on Pinnacle, wine packages, and Explorations coffees -- do I have to tell the crew member about my mariner status (which could be a little uncomfortable if there were other people around) or is there something on the cruise card that alerts the crew member regarding the discount?

Now I just have to reach 200 days for the 50% discounts...!

My upcoming Alaska cruise on Volendam will be the first time I have sailed after reaching 3-star status. Can anyone tell me how we obtain the 25% savings on Pinnacle, wine packages, and Explorations coffees -- do I have to tell the crew member about my mariner status (which could be a little uncomfortable if there were other people around) or is there something on the cruise card that alerts the crew member regarding the discount?

Now I just have to reach 200 days for the 50% discounts...!

your card will have the little Mariner logo wih the appropriate number of stars (showing your current Mariner status)....when you purchase anything in the store where a discount applies, I believe the "swipe" takes the status into account and automatically computes the % discount. At least this was my experience with purchasing items in the gift shop that were HAL logo.....

As for Pinnacle Grill - we have only booked this online and have to approach the front desk in order to ensure that the discount is taken off the account -

for sure talk to them on the ship! I approached the front desk, as our Pinnacle Grill dinner was for close to the end of our cruise, we had "expedited" disembarkation (we were taking our own luggage off, straight to hotel for post-cruise stay) - and I didn't want to hassle with "night before" arguments.

First I was told that it would appear within 24 hours; when it didn't - I was then told it had to go through "head office" -- and when I gave them a cold look and told them that is not what I have heard - I got the credit by the next morning.

Just be firm, because you will get a lot of differing opinions, depending on who is on duty at the front desk. I had actually gone up to the Pinnacle Grill on boarding day with the PG reservation card to "confirm" my booking - and asked the maitre d', but he did not inform me that he puts the discount through.

There is no reason why HAL can't get their technicians to set up a program where when 3 and 4 star Mariner's pre-order dinners, wine packages -- the discount can be applied right then and there.

It's ridicuous that we have to get on the ship and fight for our discounts.

There is no reason why HAL can't get their technicians to set up a program where when 3 and 4 star Mariner's pre-order dinners, wine packages -- the discount can be applied right then and there.

So ..... why hasn't set the site out to charge the proper amount when three and four star mariners make reservations?

It can't be difficult to do so why wouldn't they do that? :confused:

So ..... why hasn't set the site out to charge the proper amount when three and four star mariners make reservations?
That was promised a long time ago. I can't understand what's taking so long to implement it.

I also don't understand why ship account information/booking shore excursions can't be done/viewed from the convenience of your stateroom?

I remember back in 1997 Carnival Cruise Lines had this in every cabin --- you would think the Corporation would implement this fleetwide....

KK, it does seem that HAL remains in the tech dark ages, doesn't it? :rolleyes: After all, HAL does not (yet) have interactive t.v.'s in the staterooms to view account, (as does X), nor the machines at the Front Desk to print off one's account statements, (as, apparantly, does Princess)! :rolleyes:

I also don't understand why ship account information/booking shore excursions can't be done/viewed from the convenience of your stateroom?

$$$$ They'd rather spend it on remodeling and re-remodeling ships.

Archived