Currently On Ruby Princess in Med

Posaune

Not really a live from, but I will post occasionally. Wonderful weather here (sunny and a little cool in the 70's) on the Ruby Princess this Sunday. This is a great start to what I hope will be a fantastic cruise for the next twelve days. Food and service have been superb so far. There was a bit of confusion for embarkation as there were five ships in port with about 16,000 passengers trying to board. People were not reading signs on where to drop off luggage and several got quite irritated at the staff where it was really their own fault. Good seafood buffet on the first night in Venice. Just had a very nice church service run by Customer Service Director Steve Ross. The Captain is the great Tony Yeomans. We have sailed with him before and find him very likeable. Sam (Samantha) Hawker Thomas is the Cruise Director. Will post a few more times during the cruise.

Hi There

Thanks for posting, we loved our time on the Ruby, great crew,

if you see Captain, or Sam say puppy Shogun says hello, you might just get a free drink.

yours Shogun

Thanks so much for posting. I am doing the exact cruise in July, so I will be looking for more of your posts. I would love to ask you a few questions about the ship in Venice...

What time do they let you embark?

What time did the ship sail-away in the morning? Did they do any kind of a sail-away party?

Thanks, I am sure that you are having a fabulous time! I can't wait!!!

I'm sailing on the same cruise on June 21st. I happened to check out the Ruby Princess bridge cam the other day when the ship was docked at Venice (behind another ship). Was thinking how the ship was leaving Venice for Barcelona, will return to Venice... and then I'll be boarding!

Will be interested to read your observations and experiences with this cruise. Am travelling with a group (most of whom have cruised before), but for me this is my first cruise.

Ohh please keep posting! My mother (age 77) is on this cruise with you with my cousin. Mom is not tech savvy and will not be emailing or calling until she gets back home. If you meet a little firecracker named Bea, tell her that her daughter misses her!

It was a wonderful second day at sea on Ruby Princess. Temperature in the low 70's with flat seas and little wind. It was the first of three formal nights. The show was a new one to us... "Stardust". Nice to see a new show. Tomorrow is a a full day in Athens. There is a dock strike scheduled, but we are told it will not cause us any problems. My wife and I did this same cruise four years ago and it was 105 degrees in Athens. This looks to be a lot more pleasant!

Hi Posaune

Thanks for posting

Enjoy Athens first time we went it was over hundred as well on the Emerald we did not get off the ship as it was about our 4th day,of silly temps, having done long days before walking about.

Have a great cruise

yours Shogun

Enjoy the cruise!! I like following these "live from" or almost live" from sailings that are similar to our next ones :D... we don't sail the mediteranean until fall of NEXT year, but it's interesting hearing about other's experiences and thoughts - I might get a good feel for how we want to customize our trip by hearing about other's good ideas :)

It was a wonderful second day at sea on Ruby Princess. Temperature in the low 70's with flat seas and little wind. It was the first of three formal nights. The show was a new one to us... "Stardust". Nice to see a new show. Tomorrow is a a full day in Athens. There is a dock strike scheduled, but we are told it will not cause us any problems. My wife and I did this same cruise four years ago and it was 105 degrees in Athens. This looks to be a lot more pleasant!

:confused:

I thought 12 night cruises only had two formal nights? Has this changed because Princess's website still says two.

I'm sailing on the same cruise on June 21st. I happened to check out the Ruby Princess bridge cam the other day when the ship was docked at Venice (behind another ship). Was thinking how the ship was leaving Venice for Barcelona, will return to Venice... and then I'll be boarding!

Will be interested to read your observations and experiences with this cruise. Am travelling with a group (most of whom have cruised before), but for me this is my first cruise.

Posaune, Thanks for sharing your cruise! We will be following this thread as we will also be on the June 21 sailing from Venice! Canmark, you should join our roll call.

My husband just panicked to learn there are 3 formal nights, so we would also like to know more.

Have a great cruise!

I wonder if your CD is the same Sam that was our CD for a trans-Pacific trip on the Pacific Princess some years ago? She was once part owner of the Red Dog Saloon of fame in the port of Juneau, Alaska.

I wonder if your CD is the same Sam that was our CD for a trans-Pacific trip on the Pacific Princess some years ago? She was once part owner of the Red Dog Saloon of fame in the port of Juneau, Alaska.

That's Sammi Baker, she was on the Star TA with us earlier this month, not the same one as on the Ruby now.

Wonderful day in Athens with great weather. A high of only 79 degrees. After docking about 9:00 AM we took an all day Princess tour, (ATH 380) This is a very comprehensive walking tour of the major classical sights that lasted almost eight hours. Do not take this tour unless you are fairly fit. We were quite tired when we returned to the ship and took advantage of the lounge for elite and platinum (and suite) guests, where by the way special drinks are $2.99. It is held in Skywalkers which is a very nice location for a few quiet moments. The evening entertainment in the Princess Theatre was West End vocalist Paul Baker, star of many West End shows. This was a wonderful evening with Paul and the Princess Orchestra. Do not miss his performance! We have a very early start tomorrow in Kusadasi. Our private tour starts at 7:15 AM!

I spoke with two officers today who were surprised that three formal nights had been publicized in the Patter. They are researching to see if that was a mistake.

Just booked the Ruby today fot July 15 th, last minute thing. Whats the entertainment ike in the smaller venues eg explorers and club fusion. We have just sailed on the Diamond in april and the guest entertainers were almost non existant. To be fair we were out in se asia

Wonderful day in Athens with great weather. A high of only 79 degrees. After docking about 9:00 AM we took an all day Princess tour, (ATH 380) This is a very comprehensive walking tour of the major classical sights that lasted almost eight hours. Do not take this tour unless you are fairly fit. We were quite tired when we returned to the ship and took advantage of the lounge for elite and platinum (and suite) guests, where by the way special drinks are $2.99. It is held in Skywalkers which is a very nice location for a few quiet moments. The evening entertainment in the Princess Theatre was West End vocalist Paul Baker, star of many West End shows. This was a wonderful evening with Paul and the Princess Orchestra. Do not miss his performance! We have a very early start tomorrow in Kusadasi. Our private tour starts at 7:15 AM!

I spoke with two officers today who were surprised that three formal nights had been publicized in the Patter. They are researching to see if that was a mistake.

Good Stuff !!

Hope there's more to come :)

Srpilo

Just booked the Ruby today fot July 15 th, last minute thing. Whats the entertainment ike in the smaller venues eg explorers and club fusion. We have just sailed on the Diamond in april and the guest entertainers were almost non existant. To be fair we were out in se asia

They have some good comedians in Explorers. The house band also plays there as well. They also do some of the "cruise line" game shows there as well. If there is a popular performer, please go early as seats do fill up.

Can't say to much about Fusion as I've only gone there a few times. On the Ruby they had the Princess Pop Star competition in Fusion. They also had line dancing there as well. That's about all I've seen since, as I've stated, I don't go there much.

Have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

It was a wonderful day in Kusadasi. We docked at about 6:30 AM and had the all clear about quarter till. It was off the ship at 7 to met our guide from Hello Ephesus. Our tour included the House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus and the Terrace Houses. The main reason we are doing this cruise a second time is that we did not see the Terrace Houses the first time. I would suggest making sure to schedule a tour that visits the Terrace Houses. You should see the archaeological work in progress on homes with many decorations intact!

The city was very busy today with three large ships. I do remember one was Celebrity Solstice. Everyone returned to the ship about 12:15, so Horizon was mobbed and this was the first time I have ever had to hunt more than a couple of minutes for a seat. It is Italian night tonight..... makes a lot of sense running between two Turkish ports? Magician illusionist David Cats is in Princess Theater with the Princess Orchestra in Explorers with a Big Band Dance. Currently 70 degrees on deck with a stiff breeze and flat seas. Sure sounds better than the 98 degrees in my hometown of Atlanta today!

Archived