Princess fare decrease for past passengers

Louise34

I was not seeing any price drops when others were chatting about them last week, and had checked just over the weekend, but sometime between Wednesday and today our prices did drop, just a bit, $70 pp on a Category I cabin on the Emerald in January/February 2011. This was past passenger pricing. So if you checked to no avail last week, you might try again!

Finally saw the drop for that cruise as well!:)

I suspect the prices go up and/or down based on how well a particular sailing is selling. Further, how well particular cabin categories are selling/filling up on any given sailing likely also plays a part.

For instance ... we are doing the Canal in the Fall and already have had three price drops for a total of $550/person. A very similar itinerary departing the next day shows all categories waitlisted ... and I don't there have been any price drops. No need for them, as the ship seems to be selling out at the same prices offered for the past 4-5 months or more.

We are doing the Coral thru the canal on 9/26. We booked BC category last November and it has jumped up $725 pp. The ship is completely wait listed.

I also booked a solo BF guarantee category, on the Caribbean Princess 7/28, last month, was upgraded to BB, for $2200.00. Now a solo booking on that cruise in a BC category is double that price.

I think it just depends on the popularity of a particular sailing. I always try and buy FCC on board and book early.

Our Panama Canal, March 2012 on the Coral dropped $400pp saving us $800. Called princess and they gave us the new price without question. Booking directly with Princess has always been a pleasure.

We are doing the Coral thru the canal on 9/26. We booked BC category last November and it has jumped up $725 pp. The ship is completely wait listed.
We wanted to book that cruise since we could board in San Francisco, but it was sold out. So, we booked the next one for $600 less pp. Downside is it is one less day, we have to fly home from LA and we will need to spend a night in a hotel in FLL. Still saving a bit and I prefer the the itinerary of 5 sea days and not stopping in Cabo.

We wanted to book that cruise since we could board in San Francisco, but it was sold out. So, we booked the next one for $600 less pp. Downside is it is one less day, we have to fly home from LA and we will need to spend a night in a hotel in FLL. Still saving a bit and I prefer the the itinerary of 5 sea days and not stopping in Cabo.

I'm sorry you missed this one. We have a really active roll call also.

In terms of price reductions, we have a B2B booked on the Crown 12/31. We were debating whether we were going to do it because when we booked it, the first 7 days were going to be over 4k. I just checked the prices an hour ago and the cruise has dropped about $500/pp for a BC cat. So we'll keep it now and I'll call the TA on Monday to get the lower price.:)

I have just checked our two bookings and neither have been decreased! You were very lucky.Jennie

I think its regionally based Jennie.

Do your prices come up in AU dollars?

When we check , ours come up in NZ dollars.

Discount TA or no Discount TA, I would check.........you never know........our April Star Princess cruise dropped $450pp for a total of $900 before final payment..........our Hawaii cruise on the Golden next April dropped June 1 by $500.........it takes so little time to check.......I would certainly keep checking........

Did you log into your account? I was simply checking the Princess site and saw no reductions, but when I logged in, the reductions were there and we just saved $520 for our March 2010 Caribbean cruise!! Yippee!!

I check the prices daily for our two cruises and this morning the price for our February cruise on the Star finally dropped by almost $400 per person! Odd that it would change on a Sunday, but I won't complain! I hope this trend continues. :D

Archived