Princess fare decrease for past passengers

Louise34

Check the Princess website, log in, and check your cruise fare. It decreased by $200 for a past passenger. Just contacted my TA and got the decrease on a Feb. cruise. Good luck.

Booked a November cruise with Princess while onboard a Princess cruise last month.

Checked Princess site two weeks ago and price had dropped $200 pp. Contacted Princess and had our final amount due adjusted.

but our price hasn't come down. When everyone elses did on our last cruise ours never did then either!!!!:(

Ours hasn't either. Last year we got huge savings before final payment...I'm still betting we will this year too. It's a long time before final payment for the Jan-Mar 2012 cruises.

Last year my Canada/NE cruise went down $250.00 pp before final payment. This year, it went up. Of course, I have a single supplement this year, so not sure it would go down anyway. I can't get prices tonight on the site. Final payment is due next Monday, and I wrote to my TA and asked him to check the fare before making payment.

Ok, so I'm totally confused now. When I checked the website last night for fares for our sailing, our category had dropped $100 pp. I sent an email to our TA (a Princess agent), got the confirmation that she read the email, but she never responded. We heard from friends of ours last night that are sailing with us that they received a $200 pp fare decrease. This morning when I logged on, with every intention of calling our TA first thing this morning, the rate has now jumped $50 pp. What?!?!? :eek:

We are obviously doing something wrong, or maybe we need to give our TA grief, but in ALL 50 of our cruises we have never been able to take advantage of a price drop.

That's weird 'cuz I've gotten price drops on all 3 of my past Princess cruises, as well as the 2 that are coming up.

I always book early even though the price is higher than at the "last minute", but I get the room I want. The prices usually start dropping 6-9 months before sailing and I'll usually get 2-4 drops by final payment. On my next cruise, there was a final price drop just a few days before final payment but I had already given the money to my TA, so the TA gave me $150 of OBC, which was actually more than the drop! There has been 1 drop on my March, 2012 already. Gotta keep a close eye on the prices and it helps when CC members alert everyone! :D

No reductions for our B2B yet... but it's still over 16 months away :( Wow... that sure is a loooonnnnggg time to wait - I think we may have to book another cruise in between :p
Exactly what happened to us. We recently booked an Hawaii cruise for November, 2012. Then my wife came home and said some friends had booked an Alaska cruise for July, 2012 and she wanted to join them. So, we booked that too. Then with all the excitement, I started thinking I can't wait until July of next year to go on a cruise, so we booked a Panama cruise for this October. Still seems like too long to wait.

Archived