Happy with Early Saver so far :)

mariemorgan

Very often I find that the fare will go down after we book and we get some earlysaver credits.

Than it will go up and either stay there or sometimes just before the cruise will come down sharply as they fill the ship by using lower fares.

My Cruise price has gone down 4 times already and have had the difference taken off the bill all 4 times :D I am really loving early saver so far.. I still have 191 days to go too!

Since all rates get price drops until final payment .. dont see how this shows ES works.. you are still way before final payment ....so you would have gotten the price drops anyway.

So if I submitted the ES form yesterday to get a $20 credit and I still have a balance- will they just take it off the amount I owe or will it be an OBC? The only options I saw on the form were OBC and upgrade, so I selected OBC.

So if I submitted the ES form yesterday to get a $20 credit and I still have a balance- will they just take it off the amount I owe or will it be an OBC? The only options I saw on the form were OBC and upgrade, so I selected OBC.

If you are not paid in full you will get a price reduction.

WE did the ES and have saved $600. However, I just noticed that the Ocean Suite cabins are now sold out on our ship so I guess there will be no more rate reductions. Darn, I sure was lovin those rate reductions!

I have submitted the price protection form 3 times. The first time was before the cruise was paid off so it came right off the total due ($40). And then the other 2 times I have submitted and gotten OBC ($10 each time).

Only $60 total but just the thrill of getting the confirmation email makes it worth it. Plus going in with a $20 credit will certainly buy me a few drinks. ;)

Have just over 50 days before we leave and I will be checking everyday until then!!

I have submitted the price protection form 3 times. The first time was before the cruise was paid off so it came right off the total due ($40). And then the other 2 times I have submitted and gotten OBC ($10 each time).

Only $60 total but just the thrill of getting the confirmation email makes it worth it. Plus going in with a $20 credit will certainly buy me a few drinks. ;)

Have just over 50 days before we leave and I will be checking everyday until then!!

Every $10 helps!!! We loved the Inspiration !!! Looks like you live in our "neck of the woods".....

From what I've heard on drink prices recently, the 10 bucks will get you a drink, and a few quarters left over for laundry.

Sail happy!~I too love ES! DH and I got 50 $ OBC each! and now the prices are right back to what they were!:Dwhen we booked

Every $10 helps!!! We loved the Inspiration !!! Looks like you live in our "neck of the woods".....

Looks that way.. you certainly understand how dreaming of the cruise got me through this past winter!

Could find me on Cruise Critic every cold night!!! As well as checking for price drops... :D

Since all rates get price drops until final payment .. dont see how this shows ES works.. you are still way before final payment ....so you would have gotten the price drops anyway.

All I was saying was I'm happy with it so far.. I submit the form and it's been taken off..

With Early Saver what happens if you have to cancel your cruise before final payment. Do you loose it or what? I need to make reservations for 4 couples but am really unsure of one of them. I was going to do 3 early saver and 1 regular but I thought I read somewhere they give you a Carnival credit to be used within 2 years. This is our first Carnival experience so am not familiar with their policies yet. Thanks for the help!

We just got an 80.00 price reduction with early saver. They took it off our balance owed. Was happy to get it. Hoping for more!!

Thanks to this thread, I checked our early saver rates today...even though I just booked yesterday, and wouldn't you know, rate had dropped $30per person! Doesn't seem like much, but with 3 rooms booked, it adds up. Two families cruising, so $90 dollars off each of our bills is money in the bank. :)

A-

I can't say that I am happy with the ES. But the ES prices on my cruise were always lower than regular prices at all times. We are 63 days away and regular prices are only going up. I guess I am good with that. Am I still happy that I had to make a non-refundable deposit to get a good price? Well, that's a whole other question. This ES thing isn't going away as it is a money maker for cruise lines as it helps eliminate those fleeing to other lines for better deals and they get the occasional windfall of cancellations and keeping nonrefundable deposits or the penalties, at a minimum. I have the total opposite situation with my current Princess booking using the FCC where no deposit at all is required and no payment is due until final payment. We still get price drops and less pressure. But RCI is moving in Carnival's direction. Allure/Oasis now have $100 penalty if you cancel after initial deposit. Trend??????

We save $60.00 the other day. Was so thrilled !!!! They just took it off our final bill. Hopefully we will get a few more before we sail in November.

If it wasnt for Cruise Critics.. I would have never know to look. So Thank You Thank You ... Thank You !!!!!!

So with Carnival ES - do you actually loose the deposit or is it just credited to be used on another sailing? If so is there a time limit?

I think you lose $50 per person and you have two years to book another cruise.

My Cruise price has gone down 4 times already and have had the difference taken off the bill all 4 times :D I am really loving early saver so far.. I still have 191 days to go too!

Woo! Hoo! Here's hoping for more price drops for you! :)

I too feel your excitement! I've received two price drops already, totalling $80. May not seem like much, but that's $80 LESS I have to pay at final payment time. :D Hoping for more price drops, as our cruise is still 301 days away! ;)

Did they automatically credit your account or did you have to submit the form? My Mom booked with a carnival rep at carnival yesterday and he told her any price drops would be automatic, but judging by what I have seen here, that is not the case and I do not want her to lose out because she does not submit a form.

thanks!

We also have had 2 price reductions on our January cruise. They were each for $20/person. That adds up to $80 that we don't have to pay!! This our 3rd cruise on Carnival and the 1st time I have known to take advantage on the price reductions. Wonder how much extra on spent on the other cruises. We are happy campers.

Did they automatically credit your account or did you have to submit the form? My Mom booked with a carnival rep at carnival yesterday and he told her any price drops would be automatic, but judging by what I have seen here, that is not the case and I do not want her to lose out because she does not submit a form.

thanks!

Price drops are NOT automatic. You must monitor the price and submit the form for any price drops you are eligible for.

thanks!

It works in different ways: you can look up the prices and submit a form, or as I did yesterday call a Carnival rep (you have to book with Carnival) and ask them to check the price of your booking. I got $80 reduction WOO HOO!

Archived