Fuel charge?

Does anyone know if the fuel surcharge has been reinstated for Caribbean cruises? Thanks :o

Reinstating fuel surcharges would not be done based on itinerary it would be a cruise line specific decision.

Are you asking about a particular cruise line? If so, I would post that on the cruise line board.

Keith

People didn't like the surcharge. We think the lines have just increased the cost of the cruises instead of a surcharge. When was the last time you saw $299 for 7 days? Now finding $399, 7 days, is next to impossible!

People didn't like the surcharge. We think the lines have just increased the cost of the cruises instead of a surcharge. When was the last time you saw $299 for 7 days? Now finding $399, 7 days, is next to impossible!

Iv never seen $299 for 7 days .. I guess it depends on your depature port. If I see $399 Im all over it, even in past years.

We just booked a Cunard cruise and the fuel surcharge was included in the booking. We have also booked an RCL and Celebrity and I need to look into the surcharge 'possibility'. The real point is even if they do not have it in place now, they have the right to reinstate it at any time, up to and including boarding, I believe. So, it can change right up until sailing.

We just booked a Cunard cruise and the fuel surcharge was included in the booking. We have also booked an RCL and Celebrity and I need to look into the surcharge 'possibility'. The real point is even if they do not have it in place now, they have the right to reinstate it at any time, up to and including boarding, I believe. So, it can change right up until sailing.

They have the right to add up to $10 a day I believe. I know I paid the full $10 a day on a cruise a couple years ago on voyager OTS.

I dont think RCL will jump on it unless Carnival does. The two cruiselines seem to copy each other.

Once, only once,We saw $199 for 7 days on the Carnival Glory!!! This was fall of 2010. We were booked on her the following week and were stupid enough not to book it too! That price showed up on a Thursday or Friday before sailing. We can do very last minute cruises - a few days before. We have booked many cruises at $299, 7 days, and are very happy with inside cabins. My husband checks prices almost every day! We have had suites with names, balconies and outside cabins but have no problem saving $$$ with insides on the decks we want. We drive to FL & SC ports from NC.

Archived