Serenade -- which itinerary??

I'm thinking of sailing on Serenade next March, but I can't decide which itinerary to do. Which one do you prefer and why? I know I'll love the ship as I sailed on Radiance and just off Allure so want to go back to a smaller ship. But which itinerary:confused:

I'm thinking of sailing on Serenade next March, but I can't decide which itinerary to do. Which one do you prefer and why? I know I'll love the ship as I sailed on Radiance and just off Allure so want to go back to a smaller ship. But which itinerary:confused:

What are the choices?

We had the same decision last year when we booked Serenade for January 2012.

Both itineraries are fantastic. We picked the one that visits St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Croix, and Antigua because it featured more stops to where we had not been. We have not had any visits to St. Croix, Grenada, or Antigua.

On the other side, there was only one port that we had not been to and that was Dominica which my SIL just loves! But we have been to the other ports of call at least once and a couple a few times.

So for us it was bottom line to see some new places. But each of the itineraries are quite nice in our opinion.

We did St. Maarten, Tortola BVI, St. Kitts, Dominica and Barbados. We liked them all except for Barbados which was too expensive and we were way burned out by then. St. Kitts was our hands down favorite with an all day private van tour with a guy named Bernie. Parasailing and Maho beach at St. Maarten were cool too. A nice factor on our itinerary was the sea day at the end - a chance to recover and relax from all the ports. Other itinerary has the sea day up front.

We did the St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba Curacao trip. It was fantastic, although I wish we would have done a B2B to checkout the other islands as well. This trip had two port days, sea day, two port days and a final sea day, which was a great balance and gave you a little rest in between. I think the other itenaries are sea day then 5 days in port, which sounds fun but slightly exhausting.

This past March we did the Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Dominica and Barbados route. We loved it. The only place we had been to prior to that was St. Maarten. Every Island is unique in it's own way. You will love them all. Next March we are doing the Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Croix and St. Thomas route. The only place we have been to before is St. Thomas. Looking forward to seeing new ports. From what I have read, this route will be as good as last year's. I don't think you can go wrong with either route.

I did the Tortola, St. Kitts, St Martin, Dominica, Barbados itinerary this past January. I loved it. I have been to Dominica 3 times now and it is hands-down my favorite port. I had been to all the other islands before except St. Kitts and Tortola, which I enjoyed as well. The sea day at the end is nice.

February 2012, I am booked on the Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St Croix, St. Thomas route. I have been to all these ports except St. Croix. I think that I will probably end up liking the Dominica/Barbados route better. I just couldn't bring myself to booking the same itinerary again and the dates for the other one worked out better for my party.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either one. It all depends on what you are looking for. Good luck and happy cruising!

Have you thought about a B2B? The cost of the airfare is the same. They are both great itineraries and a B2B removes the STRESS of deciding.

:DGREAT idea!!! We considered it, but just could not make it work for our schedules.

Makes the cruise seem cheap if you can do it this way.

Maybe the OP can make it happen!:)

Have you thought about a B2B? The cost of the airfare is the same. They are both great itineraries and a B2B removes the STRESS of deciding.

We would love to be able to do a B2B. Unfortunately, it's not always about the money. Being able to get away from home/jobs is an issue for us.

We would love to be able to do a B2B. Unfortunately, it's not always about the money. Being able to get away from home/jobs is an issue for us.

Yup...that was our preventative...DW started a new job and I work every Sunday except for when I have a vacation Sunday...like three per year...so no B2B for us this time.

Hope you are being helped with the choices.

I think bottom line is what YOU want to do! Regardless of what I/We may offer.

Have a GREAT trip!

We just did the B2B on Serenade and it was awesome! Both itineraries are great and Dominica was a new island for us. St Kitt's I can take it or leave it, cabs are expensive and beaches are really dark sand instead of gorgeous white. But we had a great time. I would go with whichever gives you the most islands you have never been too. We are trying to keep checking them off our Bucket List!!!

We are going at the end of July on the Serenade. Our itinerary ports in St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba and Curacao and has two sea days. I have never been to any of these ports and I really can't wait. I hope to come back after our cruise with pictures and thoughts! At first I wasn't sure that I would like the idea of sea days because I like to get off the ship and explore but now I can't wait to just lay around and enjoy on those two sea days.

We did St. Maarten, Tortola BVI, St. Kitts, Dominica and Barbados. We liked them all except for Barbados which was too expensive and we were way burned out by then. St. Kitts was our hands down favorite with an all day private van tour with a guy named Bernie. Parasailing and Maho beach at St. Maarten were cool too. A nice factor on our itinerary was the sea day at the end - a chance to recover and relax from all the ports. Other itinerary has the sea day up front.

Hello Sequim

You mentioned loving St Kitts we will be visiting there for the first time on the Serenade in Oct. I would love to hear more info on the private tour you took with Bernie, would you mind emailing me the info regarding the tour, price and his contact info or web site

srappinfun@hotmail.com

I am afraid if you only posted it here I will miss the reply as these boards move fast...

thanks

I did the Tortola, St. Kitts, St Martin, Dominica, Barbados itinerary this past January. I loved it. I have been to Dominica 3 times now and it is hands-down my favorite port. I had been to all the other islands before except St. Kitts and Tortola, which I enjoyed as well. The sea day at the end is nice.

February 2012, I am booked on the Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St Croix, St. Thomas route. I have been to all these ports except St. Croix. I think that I will probably end up liking the Dominica/Barbados route better. I just couldn't bring myself to booking the same itinerary again and the dates for the other one worked out better for my party.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either one. It all depends on what you are looking for. Good luck and happy cruising!

Can you tell me what it was about Dominica that you liked so much? Our Europe cruise on Voyager just got cancelled and we are looking at Serenade for the April 7 cruise.

thanks

Bill

Can you tell me what it was about Dominica that you liked so much? Our Europe cruise on Voyager just got cancelled and we are looking at Serenade for the April 7 cruise.

thanks

Bill

Where do I start? Dominica has so much to see and do! It is an awesome place for the nature lover. It has lush, dense vegetation. It has volcanoes, mountains, 365 rivers, rain forest, hiking trails, excellent snorkeling and diving. It is known for whale-watching although I haven't done this yet.

I am dumbfounded when I read the "stay on the ship" threads on the Dominica board. I can't imagine missing this beautiful place. the people are warm and friendly and are eager to share their island. It is largely unspoiled by development. If you only like going to the beach, you will be disappointed. There are very few sandy beaches there.

The first time I visited Dominica was 2002. We got a taxi at the pier and went to Emerald pool, a beautiful waterfall. We returned to the ship for lunch, then headed to Champagne reef. As you snorkel, you can feel warm currents of water coming from the volcanic activity. There are little bubbles that come up from the rocks as you swim....beautiful!

The second time I went (2009), I went river tubing with Antours through the rainforest on a fresh-water river. It was really a great trip. We also visited Emerald pool and a black sand beach.

The last time I went was January of this year. I did a tour with Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours. It was really awesome. We visited Titou Gorge, a river canyon that you can swim in. We also saw Trafalgar falls. There are two spectacular waterfalls and thermal springs that form natural hot-tubs.

If you get a chance, go. You won't regret it! RCL is leaving this port soon. They will be sailing to Guadeloupe instead. :(

Where do I start? Dominica has so much to see and do! It is an awesome place for the nature lover. It has lush, dense vegetation. It has volcanoes, mountains, 365 rivers, rain forest, hiking trails, excellent snorkeling and diving. It is known for whale-watching although I haven't done this yet.

I am dumbfounded when I read the "stay on the ship" threads on the Dominica board. I can't imagine missing this beautiful place. the people are warm and friendly and are eager to share their island. It is largely unspoiled by development. If you only like going to the beach, you will be disappointed. There are very few sandy beaches there.

The first time I visited Dominica was 2002. We got a taxi at the pier and went to Emerald pool, a beautiful waterfall. We returned to the ship for lunch, then headed to Champagne reef. As you snorkel, you can feel warm currents of water coming from the volcanic activity. There are little bubbles that come up from the rocks as you swim....beautiful!

The second time I went (2009), I went river tubing with Antours through the rainforest on a fresh-water river. It was really a great trip. We also visited Emerald pool and a black sand beach.

The last time I went was January of this year. I did a tour with Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours. It was really awesome. We visited Titou Gorge, a river canyon that you can swim in. We also saw Trafalgar falls. There are two spectacular waterfalls and thermal springs that form natural hot-tubs.

If you get a chance, go. You won't regret it! RCL is leaving this port soon. They will be sailing to Guadeloupe instead. :(

Wow, this sounds fantastic. I look forward to the stop. Thanks for the review.

Bill

We're going on Serenade in January and chose the one that visits St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Croix, and Antigua only because we've never been to Antigua and St. Croix.

The other itinerary is great too and since we love Aruba so much, it was hard deciding between the two. We've been to all the ports on this itinerary though.

Can't wait for January! :D Enjoy your cruise, whatever you decide. :)

khm1 - I've done the same things as you on Dominica over the years - Antours tubing, Emerald Pool, Titou Gorge with Levi, Trafalgar Falls, and Champagne Reef plus the rainforest aerial tram. I too was disappointed that RCL took away this port.

khm1 - I've done the same things as you on Dominica over the years - Antours tubing, Emerald Pool, Titou Gorge with Levi, Trafalgar Falls, and Champagne Reef plus the rainforest aerial tram. I too was disappointed that RCL took away this port.

I know! I have contemplated trying Celebrity so that I can go back there. I would really love to go on a land vacation there, but right now it is not practical.

Thank you all so much for your feedback:) I'm leaning towards the itinerary with the sea day at the end to relax since you mostly say all the islands on each itinerary are good.

Now my question is: Spring Break....is that in March?? I want to avoid that as much as possible. Or is it possible that this ship and itinerary doesn't attract spring breakers?

We just did the B2B on Serenade and it was awesome! Both itineraries are great and Dominica was a new island for us. St Kitt's I can take it or leave it, cabs are expensive and beaches are really dark sand instead of gorgeous white. But we had a great time. I would go with whichever gives you the most islands you have never been too. We are trying to keep checking them off our Bucket List!!!

We are booked b2b on Serenade March 2012. Do we have to get off ship?

How does that day look for us? We don't have to change cabins.

Our friends will have to change cabins. what happens then?

thanks for any advise/warnings.

Archived