Smoking Ban and Early saver, A Twist.

BigDfromTN

I think I will be watching the rates on my 2 booked cruises extra close between now and June 30th.

Since others can cancel with no penalty and a few seem to be doing it, MAYBE I can get some OBC out of this!!!:D;)

I think I will be watching the rates on my 2 booked cruises extra close between now and June 30th.

Since others can cancel with no penalty and a few seem to be doing it, MAYBE I can get some OBC out of this!!!:D;)

You may be on to something here!! ;) :D

You can only cancel without penalty if your booked cruise(s) are for after the policy change goes into effect (December 2011).

Since yours are both well before then, good luck with that.

You can only cancel without penalty if your booked cruise(s) are for after the policy change goes into effect (December 2011).

Not what John posted on Facebook. ES has until June 30 to cancel and get refunded.

Not what John posted on Facebook. ES has until June 30 to cancel and get refunded.
That is correct, you have until June 30, but the cruise has to be for after the policy goes into effect. You cannot cancel a September 2011 cruise without penalty, it has to be sunsequent to December 1.

FYI... A part of the change went into effect YESTERDAY!!!

SO, any cruise not departed is a part of the change in policy.;)

Not true. The smoking policy changes immediately, for one thing. It changes again in December.

So... what happens if the policy becomes effective while you are cruising...... I don't really care, I'm just stirrin the pot!:D

Yes, I would like to know the same thing. We have a 7 night sailing on the Legend starting November 27th. We are not smokers, but just want to know what to do if the people in cabins surrounding us are smoking. We are in an obstruted balcony. I also don't want to be charged for cleaning out our cabin if it smells like smoke from people smoking on other balconies if the wind blows it into our cabin.

Weather you can cancel without a penalty would be determined on what rate you booked. Call Carnival. The call Carnival a second time to verify what the first person said to you.

Given the short notice of this change. John Heald has announced that even Early Saver bookings can be canceled with NO penalty until 6/30/11.

Yes, I would like to know the same thing. We have a 7 night sailing on the Legend starting November 27th. We are not smokers, but just want to know what to do if the people in cabins surrounding us are smoking. We are in an obstruted balcony. I also don't want to be charged for cleaning out our cabin if it smells like smoke from people smoking on other balconies if the wind blows it into our cabin.

My :guess: would be the policy in place when you board the ship would remain for the duration of your cruise.

Personally, I dont think you will have any issues. Your room steward will know if you are smokers and if any odors are from your cause or not. Also the likely hood of enough smoke coming from outside and into your cabin to cause problems would be low. (Even if you prop your door open 24/7.

JMO.

Personally, I dont think you will have any issues. Your room steward will know if you are smokers and if any odors are from your cause or not. Also the likely hood of enough smoke coming from outside and into your cabin to cause problems would be low. (Even if you prop your door open 24/7.

JMO.

My husband is a smoker we booked ES OV. We deceided to up grade to an Balcony Cabin. The fee to clean the OV is $250.00 we up graded for $300.00 with no problem. All you non-smokers will have to deal with more smokers on the balconies now.

OK classic Carnival Customer Service not knowing the rules. I have called two different people and they first say, nope your cruise is before Dec. 1, you cannot cancel. Then I explain the rule went into effect yesterday, then they put me on hold and say the rule went into effect 6-15-11, I say yes, yesterday. Then I tell them John Heald said you can. The Customer Serv. rep. says WHO? They keep saying you cannot cancel if you cruise before Dec. 1, 2011.

My husband is a smoker we booked ES OV. We deceided to up grade to an Balcony Cabin. The fee to clean the OV is $250.00 we up graded for $300.00 with no problem. All you non-smokers will have to deal with more smokers on the balconies now.

Good move on your part. Cleaning fee is one penalty. According to new contract if they choose they can disembark an offender as well with no refunds etc. I am sure they will reserve this for a very bad offender!!!, BUT it is an option as well. (Im not saying you or DH are such, just info)

Also just curious if one day they will make one side of ship smoking and the other Non-smoking for the balconies?????? I guess that depends on how big an issue this gets to be.

OK classic Carnival Customer Service not knowing the rules. I have called two different people and they first say, nope your cruise is before Dec. 1, you cannot cancel. Then I explain the rule went into effect yesterday, then they put me on hold and say the rule went into effect 6-15-11, I say yes, yesterday. Then I tell them John Heald said you can. The Customer Serv. rep. says WHO? They keep saying you cannot cancel if you cruise before Dec. 1, 2011.

That is classic Carnival CS.

I have an email in to my PVP to verify this info. Will report back when I hear.

EDIT, Just heard back and here is her reply.

They can as I understand it. but they still allow smoking – this is crazy!! I’m a smoker and I’m not sweating this!

This will be the biggest fallout. People were complaining about smoke drifting across balconies before. Watch out now! We are 50/50 whether we book inside or balcony. We will book balcony every time now. Which is the whole reason Carnival made this change. Anyone who really thinks it was comment cards and Carnival actually caring about their health and comfort is naive. They did it for one reason and one reason only. To sell more balcony cabins.

Archived