Smoking Ban and Early saver, A Twist.

BigDfromTN

OK classic Carnival Customer Service not knowing the rules. I have called two different people and they first say, nope your cruise is before Dec. 1, you cannot cancel. Then I explain the rule went into effect yesterday, then they put me on hold and say the rule went into effect 6-15-11, I say yes, yesterday. Then I tell them John Heald said you can. The Customer Serv. rep. says WHO? They keep saying you cannot cancel if you cruise before Dec. 1, 2011.

As I understand it....the ES release is IF your booking is after Dec 1st since the smoking in the cabin issue is the biggest issue.

Ships change the public designated smoking areas all the time...that is not a valid reason to cancel. ES or regular....

So why do you think Princess made all cabin non smoking?

On Princess it is cabins AND balconies.

This isn't a mystery.....Carnival is just following RCCL lead after RCCL went with the no smoking cabins and Celebrity went with no smoking cabins AND balconies.

Princess is Canrival's equivalent to RCCL's Celebrity.

Again this was YEARS ago and RCCL and Celebrity are doing just fine.

On Princess it is cabins AND balconies.

This isn't a mystery.....Carnival is just following RCCL lead after RCCL went with the no smoking cabins and Celebrity went with no smoking cabins AND balconies.

Princess is Canrival's equivalent to RCCL's Celebrity.

Again this was YEARS ago and RCCL and Celebrity are doing just fine.

Guess you missed my point..he said Carnival did it to charge more money for balconies..Princess included balconies, so what was their reason.

As I understand it....the ES release is IF your booking is after Dec 1st since the smoking in the cabin issue is the biggest issue.

Ships change the public designated smoking areas all the time...that is not a valid reason to cancel. ES or regular....

L, Not to question your knowledge or experience!!!

What led you to this understanding? I have not read everything out there, Just Johns blog and FB page. I did not get this from either of those.

Just wanting to learn!

Big D, I do not understand her reply?

Can you elaborate?

LHP, If Carnival changed their policy, effective yesterday, and John Heald stated that you can cancel by June 30, with no penalty, why is this so hard? I understand the second half of the ban goes into effect Dec. 1, but the first half went into effect June 15.

It is just so frustrating trying to talk to different people, that all give you a different answer. A policy change is a policy change. JMHO

Big D, I do not understand her reply?

Can you elaborate?

LHP, If Carnival changed their policy, effective yesterday, and John Heald stated that you can cancel by June 30, with no penalty, why is this so hard? I understand the second half of the ban goes into effect Dec. 1, but the first half went into effect June 15.

It is just so frustrating trying to talk to different people, that all give you a different answer. A policy change is a policy change. JMHO

In all fairness, I dont understang either and thats why I asked.

I also asked versus argue or deny due to the fact that she has many contacts with Carnival. She also has much more experience etc. That in my book deserves respect.

In all fairness, I dont understang either and thats why I asked.

I also asked versus argue or deny due to the fact that she has many contacts with Carnival. She also has much more experience etc. That in my book deserves respect.

If my PVP will ever call me today and I get her response, I'll let you all know.

Thanks.

If my PVP will ever call me today and I get her response, I'll let you all know.

Thanks.

Thanks, that will be one more bit of info.

Mine replied to my email in 11 minutes (per the times on the emails). I do appreciate her quick response times!

OK classic Carnival Customer Service not knowing the rules. I have called two different people and they first say, nope your cruise is before Dec. 1, you cannot cancel. Then I explain the rule went into effect yesterday, then they put me on hold and say the rule went into effect 6-15-11, I say yes, yesterday. Then I tell them John Heald said you can. The Customer Serv. rep. says WHO? They keep saying you cannot cancel if you cruise before Dec. 1, 2011.

The bottom line is if you want to cancel because you can't smoke in the Piano Bar - you can't. If you want to cancel because you can't smoke in your room, you can.

The bottom line is if you want to cancel because you can't smoke in the Piano Bar - you can't. If you want to cancel because you can't smoke in your room, you can.

Don,

Can you enlighten me a little more with where you obtained this info. I dont know enough to argue the point and want to learn the truth.

Thanks all for keeping this thread civil, unlike others on here!

So why do you think Princess made all cabin non smoking?

My PVP said that Carnival was the last cruise line to go to non-smoking. He is also waiting for the fall out. He said there are some ships in the Carnival line that do not have alot of balconies. It is what it is. Since my DH is a smoker we'll just book balconies from now own.

Thanks, that will be one more bit of info.

Mine replied to my email in 11 minutes (per the times on the emails). I do appreciate her quick response times!

Mine is hiding I think. I have 3 cruises booked (see below) and I was figuring out May and September for next year with her yesterday too.

I think she knows what's up as she *always* e-mails me right away. ;)

My PVP said that Carnival was the last cruise line to go to non-smoking. He is also waiting for the fall out. He said there are some ships in the Carnival line that do not have alot of balconies. It is what it is. Since my DH is a smoker we'll just book balconies from now own.

Fantasy Class comes to mind. Which does make up 1/3 of the Carnival Fleet. I know a few of these have had balcony cabins added, but some the only balcony rooms are Suites.

Big D, I am just trying to learn to. I would love Carnival to state their policy, if for no other reason, than to clear up all the confusion. Wishful thinking I suppose.

I understand and agree.

I did not take it anyother way!!!! Hope I did not come across as if I did.

Big D, I am just trying to learn to. I would love Carnival to state their policy, if for no other reason, than to clear up all the confusion. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Yeah that will never happen them putting it in print, on their website, that you can cancel your cruise because of the smoking policy.

Those that read Johns blog or come on cruise message boards get much better info that the general public. Often before carnival reps are informed.

OK - my PVP crawled out from under her rock and let me know that the one for 2012 can definitely be cancelled - no penalties at all.

I'm still pushing for an answer for anything from now through 12/1. If I get a response, I'll let you all know.

Thanks F&F.

I also asked the question on John's FB page for clarification. Not gotten an answer there yet.

OK - my PVP crawled out from under her rock and let me know that the one for 2012 can definitely be cancelled - no penalties at all.

I'm still pushing for an answer for anything from now through 12/1. If I get a response, I'll let you all know.

This person on the other early saver thread successfully canceled a 11/27 cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29469023&postcount=18

That is correct, you have until June 30, but the cruise has to be for after the policy goes into effect. You cannot cancel a September 2011 cruise without penalty, it has to be sunsequent to December 1.

That's not true. We cancelled 4 cabins last night, for our cruise in September, and we weren't charged. The CCL rep put us on hold for a long t ime, but when she came back, we were cancelled with a full refund no charge.

That's not true. We cancelled 4 cabins last night, for our cruise in September, and we weren't charged. The CCL rep put us on hold for a long t ime, but when she came back, we were cancelled with a full refund no charge.

Just curious....

Was the cancelation due to the smoking policy or someother reason? (If you dont mind my asking)

Archived