Explorer of the Seas - cabin question

When I try to make a reservation, the computer is offering me category L cabins 8339 and 8341 as connecting cabins. However, on the deck plan, they do not appear to be connecting cabins to each other - instead 8341 appears to connect to 8343, which is not category L.

Does anyone know if the reservation system is correct, or if the deck plan is correct.

When I try to make a reservation, the computer is offering me category L cabins 8339 and 8341 as connecting cabins. However, on the deck plan, they do not appear to be connecting cabins to each other - instead 8341 appears to connect to 8343, which is not category L.

Does anyone know if the reservation system is correct, or if the deck plan is correct.

They are connecting. Are you sure you're looking at the right deck plan?

They are connecting. Are you sure you're looking at the right deck plan?

Here's the photo of the deck plan for Explorer, from the RCI website (under ships, then view deck plan), which shows 8341 and 8343 as connecting. The reservation system uses the same photo, but states that 8339 and 8341 connect.

shp_ex_deck08_v10-11_dpl.gif

If you look at the other connecting rooms they are all in pink. 8683-8687... 8483-8487... 8513-8515.... 8217-8219

I think the arrow connecting the two cabins is in the wrong place.

The pink correspondes with an L cabin, not the fact that it is a connecting cabin. On this deck, the connecting cabins happen to be pink but if you look at deck 10 as an example, there are pink L cabins that are not connecting.

If you look at the other connecting rooms they are all in pink. 8683-8687... 8483-8487... 8513-8515.... 8217-8219

I think the arrow connecting the two cabins is in the wrong place.

The pink correspondes with an L cabin, not the fact that it is a connecting cabin. On this deck, the connecting cabins happen to be pink but if you look at deck 10 as an example, there are pink L cabins that are not connecting.

I understand what Julie is saying.

She's saying that if ALL of the other connecting cabins are pairs of L cabins, it would make sense that THIS arrow, connecting an L and an M, may be incorrectly placed.

I understand what Julie is saying.

She's saying that if ALL of the other connecting cabins are pairs of L cabins, it would make sense that THIS arrow, connecting an L and an M, may be incorrectly placed.

Yes, I think it is wrong also. I had looked at two of the other voyager class ships but have now looked at all four of the other ships and the Explorer is the only one showing this pair. Must be a typo, surprising that no one has pointed it out prior to now though.

I'm wondering if I should book the two L's, and take the risk that one of us might be connected to a stranger, or if I should just book two non-connectiing L's next door to each other on deck 10.

Archived