Junior Suite Perks?

Hi,

Can anybody help me i am confused (some would say that is my natural state anyway)

This time on Adventure we are staying in a Junior suite (DD is coming with us) I know that JS do not have conceirge perks, but can they use connoisseur club? and can we take our meals from the Windjammer into the specialy resturants like I have read on some boards? The brochures do not seem to make these points clear.

I think I have read that the Connoisseur club does continential breakfast and snacks is this true?

We are are diamond members, but this is our daughters first RCCL cruise.

Thanks

Nancy

Unfortunately, other than the size of the JS itself, there really aren't any perks like the other suites have. We stayed in a JS during our last cruise on AOS and were fortunate enough to get priority boarding but that was really it. JS passengers do not have access to the club.

Hi Nancy

I know that JS do not have conceirge perks, but can they use connoisseur club?

I think you mean the Concierge Lounge in which case the answer is no. This lounge is exclusive to suite guests from GS upwards and also to Diamond Plus members.

and can we take our meals from the Windjammer into the specialy resturants like I have read on some boards?

No. Only those with gold sea-pass cards given to suite guests from GS upwards are allowed. JS cards are silver in colour.

I think I have read that the Connoisseur club does continential breakfast and snacks is this true?

I understand that the Connoisseur Club is a cigar lounge and I have never heard of breakfast/snacks being served there. Your Diamond status will however allow you access to a reserved area of the MDR which serves speciality coffee with breakfast.

Hope this helps ;)

Hi,

Can anybody help me i am confused (some would say that is my natural state anyway)

This time on Adventure we are staying in a Junior suite (DD is coming with us) I know that JS do not have conceirge perks, but can they use connoisseur club? and can we take our meals from the Windjammer into the specialy resturants like I have read on some boards? The brochures do not seem to make these points clear.

We are are diamond members, but this is our daughters first RCCL cruise.

Thanks

Nancy

The other posters have pretty well described the dearth of perks associated with the JS.

I just wanted to point out a correction in venue names that may alleviate some confusion. The venue that offers the perks you described (continental breakfast, snacks) is called the Concierge Lounge (CL). As the other posters have mentioned, you must be in a full suite (GS or better) or Diamond Plus C&A to have access to the CL.

The Connoisseur Club is a cigar lounge on deck 5, forward. This venue is open to all guests.

Also, due to your C&A level as Diamond members, you will be invited to a nightly Diamond event where they will serve complimentary house wine, champagne, and soft drinks. Other drinks will be 25% off.

don't JS get priority boarding?

Yes - we have sailed out of San Juan, Miami and Port Everglades as JS, and we've always had priority check-in and boarding available to us.

Though, as many will point out, it's not much of a perk, since the lines for non-suite are often shorter/faster. When we went out of Miami, there was a line of suite guests about 30 long waiting to check-in. There was no one in line for our deck, so we just went there and were through in < 10 minutes.

I did forget the double C&A points. Thanks earn for mentioning that. They can certainly add up. No robes in JS.

When we boarded in San Juan with our JS, priority boarding saved us at least 30+ minutes. Not realizing the perk at first, we stood a few hundred back in line. One of the RCI staff pulled us out and we ended up about 10th on the ship.

I do have to say that even without the perks, the JS is well worth every $ spent to upgrade.

That walk-in closet is worth the price of admission. Dh was so disappointed that the GS I surprised him with didn't have one (men). You can go to the Diamond event each evening but your daughter may not join you.

That walk-in closet is worth the price of admission. Dh was so disappointed that the GS I surprised him with didn't have one (men). You can go to the Diamond event each evening but your daughter may not join you.

Agreed on this feature. I've booked a GS on the Jewel next January, and it's the only thing I'm hesitant about - losing the walk-in.

And on some ships, JS do get robes. We've had them a couple of times.

Junior Suite Guests do get Priority Boarding as it will say "Suite" on the SetSail Pass.

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

You mentioned that you are diamond members.

We are diamonds and booked a jr suite earlier this month on Freedom and these were our perks:

Priority boarding and disembarkation (diamond perk)

Robes

ate breakfast and lunch in Chops (with food fetched ourselves from Windjammer(diamond perk)

Diamond lounge (not available on Adventure, just diamond event)

I know perks may be different from ship to ship...but this was our experience.

The value of Junior suites are underplayed by some on CC...personally, we love them, since they are a little bigger than a balcony room,and not as expensive as a true suite.

Have fun!!!

As Diamond members on AOS as it does not have a Diamond Lounge like Freedom and Oasis class ships (the nightly Diamond event was held in the 19th Hole sports bar in the Viking Crown on deck 14) we were offered breakfast in a separate dining room adjacent to the MDR on deck 3 with full table service and speciality coffees.

Agreed on this feature. I've booked a GS on the Jewel next January, and it's the only thing I'm hesitant about - losing the walk-in.

And on some ships, JS do get robes. We've had them a couple of times.

I worried about losing the walk-in closet when moving from a JS to a GS. I was so pleasantly surprised by the number of closets and all the drawer space under the bar area. I had so much storage space I would forget where I put stuff. Once you have a GS it is really hard to go back to anything less. As for the robes - we always got robes in the JS category on the Rhapsody, Splendour and Voyager.

ate breakfast and lunch in Chops (with food fetched ourselves from Windjammer(diamond perk)...

This perk varies greatly by ship. There were some posts on this subject a few weeks ago and some ships extend the use of Chops seating to D and or D+, and other ships limit this to Grand Suite or better. It may also depend on the number of D/D+ aboard a specific sailing.

I worried about losing the walk-in closet when moving from a JS to a GS. I was so pleasantly surprised by the number of closets and all the drawer space under the bar area. I had so much storage space I would forget where I put stuff. Once you have a GS it is really hard to go back to anything less. As for the robes - we always got robes in the JS category on the Rhapsody, Splendour and Voyager.

Thanks for the reassurance. I went to book our normal JS on the Jewel, and the GS was only a few hundred more. I figured this would be one of the few times we would ever find it to be worth, so I decided to splurge a little. What the heck - I'm making it part of DH's Christmas present (that I'm not telling him about until we get onboard). :D

Though, everyone has warmed me that it will be *really* difficult to go back! :)

The recommended gratuity amount for a JS is the same as for any other suite ($5.75/person/day).

This has been discussed elsewhere on this board and your statement is still incorrect. The suggested gratuity for those in a junior suite is the lesser amount that is suggested for all other non-suite staterooms. Only GS and above have the higher tip amount. Prepay your tips or have them added to your onboard account and you will be charged the lower amount, not the figure you have quoted. A Junior suite gets few of the perks provided to guests who book a full suite.

On the phone today with RC rep when having trouble booking specialty restaurants online... she told me that priority disembark and embark ARE NOT perks for JS. I asked specifically as we booked a JC on an upcoming Oasis cruise. Seems answers are all over the place???

On the phone today with RC rep when having trouble booking specialty restaurants online... she told me that priority disembark and embark ARE NOT perks for JS. I asked specifically as we booked a JC on an upcoming Oasis cruise. Seems answers are all over the place???

When you print out your SetSail Pass it will say "Suite" in the circle at the top of the page. When the pier reps see this they will direct you to the suite embarkation line. She was correct about debarkation.

This has been discussed elsewhere on this board and your statement is still incorrect. The suggested gratuity for those in a junior suite is the lesser amount that is suggested for all other non-suite staterooms. Only GS and above have the higher tip amount. Prepay your tips or have them added to your onboard account and you will be charged the lower amount, not the figure you have quoted. A Junior suite gets few of the perks provided to guests who book a full suite.

I *have* added my tips to our onboard account before, and was charged the higher amount.

And I'm assuming the stateroom attendants tips are based on the size of the cabin, and not the perks that are attached to the category.

Archived