Laundry cost?

fl.princess

On the Crown, it was $1 per machine. I brought a roll of quarters @ $10 but we were sailing for almost 2 weeks. I did a wash the day of embarkation, as we had a port intensive itinerary and we had been on a pre-cruise for 4 days. I also brought the Purell Washer/Dryer sheets which worked out great; light to carry and efficient in the machines. Target may have the travel size packet.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess last week. :( I was surprised to see that the machines had gone to $2 a load for both the washer and dryer. An employee told me they had recently raised the cost.

FYI, 2 quarters in each little open slot side by side. :o I did not have my readers with me and took me a moment to see how the heck to get 8 quarters in there!

There is a change machine in the laundry room if you need more.

Just off the Golden. It cost me about $8 to do one load. I believe it was $2.00 for the washer, but I can't remember the exact price of the dryer, but I had to put it through 2 cycles. Then it was maybe $1.25 for detergent & fabric softener...I just remember saying to my BF that it cost about $8 to do a load, but it was worth it to us!

Just got off the Queen Victoria and there was no charge for washing/drying machines - powder - free also. Didn't realise that other cruise lines charged!:mad:

As we are on a 22 night cruise later this year we will have to use these facilities so thank you all for the information. I am assuming there will be somewhere on board to get coins:rolleyes:

First time cruiser here -Coral Princess -First the land tour then the cruise south ( Sept 3)-WE will need to do laundry - day 1 on the ship- and i asked my travel agent -who has never been on an Alaska cruise, what the deal was with laundry -I never did get a good answer -so THANK YOU ALL for all the good advice esp about the roll of quarters and the Purell sheets -i will look for them. i celebrate my birthday on board -it is a day at sea -would you recommend room service? we have anytime dining.

i celebrate my birthday on board -it is a day at sea -would you recommend room service? we have anytime dining.

Rob, make sure you mention that in your cruise personalizer....they may get you a birthday cake at the dinner table (though not sure with anytime dining?)

If you mention it to the wait staff at dinner, I bet they do something for you. They are usually very good (even with last minute stuff).

Enjoy your cruise!

Rob, make sure you mention that in your cruise personalizer....they may get you a birthday cake at the dinner table (though not sure with anytime dining?)

If you are in anytime, there will be a card in your cabin that you give to your waiter the evening of the celebration.

If you do not get that card, just tell your headwaiter.

You can get quarters from the front desk. Also, for anyone wanting to do laundry, you might want to bring some detergent & dryer sheets to save $$. I didn't do this, but the woman doing laundry at the same time as me did! (FYI: The dryer sheets come 2 to a pack & I think it was $1.25.)

Here is my experience with Princess and the self service laundry.

I am glad they have this for passengers. I do bring my own laundry soap and quarters, because I have noticed that the change machine is usually out of change, so who wants to waste time finding quarters or taking the time to go to PSD to get change when you are already in the laundry room ready to wash.

I love the site minimus.biz for the laundry detergent. Spend $20. domestically(USA) and shipping is free. They also have other small travel items for sale.

I also have observed on many occasions where passengers leave their stuff in the washers & or dyers for longer than the wash/dry cycle(like 1/2 hr beyond end of cycle) and boy does the laundry police need to step in. So just beware of your time.

Archived