Whats Your Favourite Place ?

CHAMPAGNELASS

I thought it would be nice to have a happy thread where people dont argue :)

Ever since I was a small child I have loved and been somewhat obsessed with Venice.

Two years ago ,I cruised the Med with my parents and my daughter,and found myself crying as we sailed into Venice. I was there at last and it was even more beautiful than I had expected.

In September,I will visit it again ,but this time as a newlywed and im looking forward to seeing Venice in a whole new romantic light ,as I always hoped I would.

Is there somewhere special for you ?

Do you have a favourite Port of Call ,Place, Excursion etc that is special to you or that is on your must do list for a reason.

:)

Lesley

Hi ChampagneLass,

Great topic!!

I know my reply is going to be so "generic"... but it is the truth !!

WHEREVER I AM FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE ON VACATION !!

There are so many fantastic places in the world to see and explore... I am happiest when I am doing just that.

:):):)

Cheers!

I thought it would be nice to have a happy thread where people dont argue :)

Ever since I was a small child I have loved and been somewhat obsessed with Venice.

Two years ago ,I cruised the Med with my parents and my daughter,and found myself crying as we sailed into Venice. I was there at last and it was even more beautiful than I had expected.

In September,I will visit it again ,but this time as a newlywed and im looking forward to seeing Venice in a whole new romantic light ,as I always hoped I would.

Is there somewhere special for you ?

Do you have a favourite Port of Call ,Place, Excursion etc that is special to you or that is on your must do list for a reason.

:)

Lesley

HI LESLEY....Venice is BEAUTIFUL ! I agree ..we were there last July on a tour .. Oh my very special--

we were in the Swiss Alps ...and it is quite awesome in those mountains .Have a great cruise .Phylly

I loved Santorini which I did with my best friend on a ladies cruise. It just is stunning!

My favorite port with my husband is Bermuda! The beaches are so wonderful and the island is so pretty!:)

I visited Santorini too. It is stunning. So picturesque :).

I was disappointed that it wasnt on the western Med Itinery this year.

Sitting in a cafe perched on the cliffs ,seeing the ship below was a wonderful view.

Oh to just pick one place I would have to say anywhere in Alaska, We were there in 2002 and I'm returning in a few weeks. I loved the mountains, saw the top of McKinley and it is almost indescribable. Everywhere I looked was more beautiful than the last place. We were there in Sept. and the fire weed was in full color, so pretty with the reds and greens and the air was so fresh and clean. Loved it.

West Virginia, of course ;). Second favorite state is Oregon. Simply beautiful.

Favorite cruise destination is Alaska. To us, you don't just look, you experience. Best excursion of all our cruises was flightseeing over the Misty Fjords out of Ketchikan. We went with Carlin Air.

Fave Caribbean place is PR, where I grew up. Love simply walking in Old San Juan. Second is Antigua.

Best guided tour was in St. Martin with Joyce Prince.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I guess I would have to say Venice and Amalfi Coast of Italy and Istanbul - beautiful places. I may change my mind come September as I am off on a 10 Greek Isle Tour

Vicki:)

Barcelona - Take the Hoho (hop on hop off) bus, which will take you to all the major sites. Be sure to get off and enjoy the Sagrada Familia Cathedral and Guell Park. Spend lots of time just wandering up and down Las Ramblas looking at all the vendors and street artists posing. Go to the marketplace. Visit the gothic quarter.

Barcelona - Take the Hoho (hop on hop off) bus, which will take you to all the major sites. Be sure to get off and enjoy the Sagrada Familia Cathedral and Guell Park. Spend lots of time just wandering up and down Las Ramblas looking at all the vendors and street artists posing. Go to the marketplace. Visit the gothic quarter.

Thanks!!:)

We love Italy and visit about every two years.

But we are fortunate. We travel often and no matter where we have been and how much we enjoy it nothing, to our tastes, quite measures up to where we live in southern Alberta-at the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. We are transplants to the area and do not plan on leaving...well except during the winter months.

Champagnelass, congratulations on your upcoming wedding... wishing you many years of joy together!

I can't just list one place... but in Europe, I love Barcelona, which is a vibrant, exciting town, full of nooks and crannies to visit and explore; also adore the Amalfi Coast, especially Positano; we also thought Santorini was spectacular; had a great time exploring the island and enjoying both Fira and Oia. Venice is certainly very special and lovely, too... if you want a romantic restaurant to try for your honeymoon, take a look at their web page... it's a little pricey, but the courtyard is so charming and the atmosphere is wonderful. http://www.anticopignolo.com/

Thank you for a great thread... and have a wonderful honeymoon! :)

1. Venice!! I was there once on a cruise but have been there 1/2 dozen times while traveling around Italy. I'll be in Venice again 2012!

2. Santorini! Love the white-washed buildings and how they hang on the side of the caldera.

3. Istanbul! Love the museums, mosques, food, and shopping.

Monica

Love this thread:D - gives me the warm and fuzzies!

Two places for me - #1 is Alaska - preferably Sitka or Homer. Stunning, just stunning! First time there was 2006, and the feeling of peace and "home" was immediate. Will be headed back for my fourth time in just 5 weeks from today (not that I'm counting or anything:rolleyes:....)

#2 would be Assateague Island, MD-its my screen name for a reason;). Another "Calgon-Take-Me-Away" place - no people, no noise - just surf, sand, wild ponies, and plenty of dolphins putting on a show just for me. Plus it was my dear Dad's favorite place - he's been gone 4 years now, but I always feel close to him when I'm there.

I'll throw in my vote for the galapagos.

Venice would be high on my list, had we not arrived the last time at night during aqua alta with our luggage...our hotel was just a short swim away :)

Archived