Crown and Anchor question

I apologize if this has been asked, I couldn't find it in the many threads on C&A in the search.

If the cruise your on puts you into the next level, what benefits do you get on that cruise? Do you get your current level or you newly acquired level?

Also, my past cruises (2) converted to 15 new points. But, if they were earned under the new program, I would have earned 16 (7 night plus 9 night). Has anyone been successful in arguing for the extra point?

When you're thinking about achieving new levels in C&A, the magic words to remember are "completed cruises". An interesting side note is that, if you reach your next level in the middle of a b2b cruise, you will get promoted, mid-cruise (but you should make sure that the Loyalty Ambassador knows your situation). :D

As to contesting the conversion, you can certainly try -- but I haven't read too many success stories about that, since RC switched over from the old system. :cool:

There is no "contesting".

The cruise credits were the method before January 21, 2011.

Cruise points are the method since.

There is nothing to contest.

Before, you had a certain number of credits. In your case, 2 cruises. 1 point per cruise.

They gave you 15 cruise points for these.

Now you have 15 cruise points. You will now continue to add cruise points at the rate of one cruise point per night at sea. Double those points in a JS or higher.

That's all there is to it.

:)

When you're thinking about achieving new levels in C&A, the magic words to remember are "completed cruises". An interesting side note is that, if you reach your next level in the middle of a b2b cruise, you will get promoted, mid-cruise (but you should make sure that the Loyalty Ambassador knows your situation). :D

As to contesting the conversion, you can certainly try -- but I haven't read too many success stories about that, since RC switched over from the old system. :cool:

so... question..

I have 14 cruise nights, am sailing on a b2b. first cruise will give us 4 nights, (so 18) 2nd cruise will give us 14 (7 nights, jr suite) so at the tail end we are the next level.. I am guessing they will not change us over?

Thanks!

so... question..

I have 14 cruise nights, am sailing on a b2b. first cruise will give us 4 nights, (so 18) 2nd cruise will give us 14 (7 nights, jr suite) so at the tail end we are the next level.. I am guessing they will not change us over?

Thanks!

COMPLETED CRUISE. COMPLETED CRUISE. COMPLETED CRUISE.

Nothing is credited until you have a COMPLETED CRUISE.

I think you mean that you get your credits at the end of the first of the back to back cruises. Credits are given after completion of the cruise. A back to back is really two cruises.

Yes, completed cruises. BUT it takes several days before points show up in the computer.

Not sure what the impact would be for a B2B.

Pretty simple, usually you won´t be recognized automatically at the higher level for your second leg of a b2b. That´s why you need to talk to the LA onboard to manually adjust your membership level for the second leg.

Yes, completed cruises. BUT it takes several days before points show up in the computer.

Not sure what the impact would be for a B2B.

On a B2B cruise if you reach the next level after you have completed the first leg of your B2B they will give your new status for the second part of your B2B:)

This must be a common question. On our FOS cruise one woman at our dining table was upset because she would be Diamond as a result of the points acquired on that cruise, and she went to the LA and asked to be advanced to that level. She wanted her "free beer". She said he told her he couldn't believe she was asking him to do that! LOL. After a week of dining with her, I could.:rolleyes:

No offense to OP, because I did wonder the same thing:D.

My DH and I will be at the next level during our Allure B2B. I think we are lowly gold right now and will be platinum after the 1st leg. Is there anything special in that upgrade jump that we should bother telling the LA, or just not bother at all?

We are in a suite so we will be having all the yummy suite perks anyway. :)

Here is our cruise history. Am I right?

Mariner suite March 2011 7n (14 points)

Mariner suite Nov 2011 7n (14 points)

coming up:

Allure suite 7n with B2B Allure suite 7n

Thanks for all the help! This is all a bit confusing to me, coming from Princess and their simpler system!

Katherine

My DH and I will be at the next level during our Allure B2B. I think we are lowly gold right now and will be platinum after the 1st leg. Is there anything special in that upgrade jump that we should bother telling the LA, or just not bother at all?

We are in a suite so we will be having all the yummy suite perks anyway. :)

Here is our cruise history. Am I right?

Mariner suite March 2011 7n (14 points)

Mariner suite Nov 2011 7n (14 points)

coming up:

Allure suite 7n with B2B Allure suite 7n

Thanks for all the help! This is all a bit confusing to me, coming from Princess and their simpler system!

Katherine

Probably nothing that you aren't already getting from being in a suite. If my math is correct, you'll be Emerald after the second leg.

I think you mean that you get your credits at the end of the first of the back to back cruises. Credits are given after completion of the cruise. A back to back is really two cruises.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant -- thank you for clarifying my rather vague "mid-cruise" comment! :o

On a B2B cruise if you reach the next level after you have completed the first leg of your B2B they will give your new status for the second part of your B2B:)

Exactly -- but I would touch base with the LA onboard early in the first leg of the b2b, just to make sure! :cool:

So a COMPLETED CRUISE? Right?

You got it! ;)

Archived