A) NEXUS Card and B) Early embarcation food choices

ultrarunner

A) Does Oceania accept this as a substitute for a passport. Vancouver - Vancouver Aug 4 Cruise. A NEXUS card is a WHTI compliant document used to expedite passage between the Canada and USA border

B)What's available after 11.00AM embarcation and is tea served on day 1?

Thanks in advance for all replies

A)

B)What's available after 11.00AM embarcation and is tea served on day 1?

Thanks in advance for all replies

Do not know the answer to Question #A

Why not call them

B) if you mean afternoon tea ...NO

If you can get tea ....yes:D

If you are of those that can board early I think lunch starts at noon ...but do not quote me on that

They have hot food, salads, desserts, little sandwiches

There is a self serve drink station in Terrace Cafe but the staff will usually get you something to drink

I cannot remember if Waves is open or not

sorry not too much help

Lyn

I doubt it. As you say, the NEXUS card is used to expedite passage, and is not a substitute for a passport. One of the conditions of travel with the card is that you're also required to carry your passport.

To be honest, it appears that many Canadian customs agents are not that familiar with NEXUS cards. I've been questioned crossing back into Canada from driving to the US as to why I have a card, just because it was tucked into the back of my passport wallet (we had a non-NEXUS carrying passenger in the car, so couldn't use the special lane). I'd be worried about how Canadian Border Services would feel about letting you back into Canada.

I doubt it. As you say, the NEXUS card is used to expedite passage, and is not a substitute for a passport. One of the conditions of travel with the card is that you're also required to carry your passport.

To be honest, it appears that many Canadian customs agents are not that familiar with NEXUS cards. I've been questioned crossing back into Canada from driving to the US as to why I have a card, just because it was tucked into the back of my passport wallet (we had a non-NEXUS carrying passenger in the car, so couldn't use the special lane). I'd be worried about how Canadian Border Services would feel about letting you back into Canada.

If you have a nexus card, you don't need a passport.

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

For Canadian and U.S. citizens, NEXUS membership cards also fulfill the travel document requirements of the U.S. WHTI. A NEXUS membership card may be used as an alternative to a passport when entering the United States:

by air when used at kiosks at designated airports; and

at all land and marine ports of entry.

For detailed information on the U.S. WHTI, visit the CBSA and Homeland Security Web Site.

As someone else said, the problem is, Oceania may not be aware of this although they should be by now.

You can get lunch in the terrace cafe and tea in Horizons

Isn't the issue whether the countries that are being visited recognize NEXUS as appropriate ID not Oceania?

The card is for travel between Canada and the US not Canada and say Europe on an American cruise line.

If you have a nexus card, you don't need a passport.

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

For Canadian and U.S. citizens, NEXUS membership cards also fulfill the travel document requirements of the U.S. WHTI. A NEXUS membership card may be used as an alternative to a passport when entering the United States:

NEXUS is meant to expediate border crossing at select locations. Reading through the NEXUS webpage, I don't see any reference to anything in Vancouver except Vancouver International Airport.

The last thing one would need when starting a vacation is problems with passport documents. This has caused people to be denied cruise ship boarding. If there is ANY chance of confusion with NEXUS, I would forego it and bring the good old passport.

NEXUS is meant to expediate border crossing at select locations. Reading through the NEXUS webpage, I don't see any reference to anything in Vancouver except Vancouver International Airport.

The last thing one would need when starting a vacation is problems with passport documents. This has caused people to be denied cruise ship boarding. If there is ANY chance of confusion with NEXUS, I would forego it and bring the good old passport.

+1

Nexus is basically there to speed up your US/Canada border crossings. It will not allow you to by-pass any lines when boarding the ship (there are no special Nexus lines to board the ship), thus it will be of no advantage and it might even be useless.

I would just bring my passport.

We just came through Vancouver airport from our ship, direct transfer.

At US customs, which is done there, a person near us asked if he could use his Nexus card and the immigration agent had no idea what he was talking about.

Be safe and carry your passport.

Looks like you didn't read the full page. This is from the US nexus site.

Home / Travel / U.S. Citizens/Lawful Permanent Residents / Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative /

WHTI Program Background

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is the joint Department of State (DOS) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) plan to implement a key 9/11 Commission recommendation and the statutory mandates of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (IRTPA). IRPTA, in part, required the DHS and DOS to develop and implement a plan to require all travelers, U.S. citizens and foreign nationals alike, to present a passport or other acceptable document that denotes identity and citizenship when entering the United States.

WHTI document requirements for air travel went into effect in January 2007. All U.S. citizens and nonimmigrant aliens from Canada, Bermuda, and Mexico departing from or entering the United States from within the Western Hemisphere at air ports-of-entry are required to present a valid passport (or NEXUS card, if utilizing a NEXUS kiosk when departing from a designated Canadian airport).

WHTI was successfully implemented on June 1, 2009 for entry into the U.S. by land and sea. U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports-of-entry are required to present a WHTI-compliant document such as a valid passport, U.S. passport card, Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST), or an Enhanced Driver’s License.

For purposes of establishing identity and citizenship, Canadian citizens entering the United States at sea and land ports-of-entry are required to present one of the following documents valid for the entire period of intended stay: a valid passport issued by the Government of Canada; a Trusted Traveler Program card(NEXUS, FAST, or SENTRI); or an Enhanced Driver’s License.

U.S. and Canadian citizens under age 16 may present only proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or Naturalization Certificate.

For further information on WHTI-compliant documents and requirements for special populations, please visit the "Get You Home" Web site

We just came through Vancouver airport from our ship, direct transfer.

At US customs, which is done there, a person near us asked if he could use his Nexus card and the immigration agent had no idea what he was talking about.

Be safe and carry your passport.

He could have used his nexus card. There are nexus kiosks at YVR

We have applied for a Nexus card just to bypass those long lines at US customs.

I don't care whether or not a passport is needed. I would never travel out of the country without my passport.

Can't imagne what makes taking a passport with one is such a hard thing.:confused:

Just to add some pepper to the pot, I always fly with my passport safely tucked into the breast pocket of my

(hold on to your hats, folks)

................Sports Jacket!

Now, will anyone ever speak to me, again?

just to add some pepper to the pot, i always fly with my passport safely tucked into the breast pocket of my

(hold on to your hats, folks)

................sports jacket!

now, will anyone ever speak to me, again?

too funny!

The NEXUS card allows you to bypass the long line up for screening at the airports and also coming through immigration. We used our NEXUS card at Toronto flying home from Barcelona, and it deleted one lineup for us. We also managed to miss the long lineup for security check with our NEXUS card as well when we switched from international flight to a domestic flight to get home to Vancouver. For the Vancouver airport the NEXUS card is a blessing when leaving. The lineup for NEXUS holders is much shorter than the regular lineup going through US immigration.

Archived