Everything ALLURE

Just going to give my opinions whuch you may take with a grain of salt....

1. The Dog House is great! - of course I love sausages and these were some of the best I've had..I ate lunch there 3 times last cruise.

2. I really enjoy 150 - it is not for everyone but I like to eat, and this is some of the most 'upscale' food you can find anywhere I feel. If there are a number of 'strange' foods you absolutely won't touch then don't do it but I think you are missing out.

3. The Dreamworks have shows in the ice rink (dragon) and in the Oceanaria pool (King Julien) and the 'move-it move-it' parade. I am a cranky old geezer who is pretty intolerant of children but I enjoyed all of it.

4. The beach pool has salt water - really good for your skin...

5. For D+ it is really nice to have breakfast in the Concierge Club. They have a set menu but they are willing to make you just about anything you want.

6. Vintages is a great place for a casual dinner. A little wine, some tapas and thou beside me in the moonlight ;) - or actually in the very comfortable couches.

are the tapas in vitages included??? and does anyone have a menu from giovannis table??

are the tapas in vitages included??? and does anyone have a menu from giovannis table??

The tapas are not included and are priced individually.

Here is the menu from RCI's website for Giovanni's.

Lunch

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/GiovannisTableLunchMenu.pdf

Dinner

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/GiovannisTableDinnerMenu.pdf

My husband has celiac disease and must eat gluten free. The main dining room is very accomodating--your waiter or headwaiter can assist you every night in making selections for the next day.

Sorrentos Pizza will make a gluten-free pizza upon request, you need to allow about 30 minutes after ordering.

The Windjammer has wonderful selections at all meals, just ask one of the staff to point out which items may be gluten free.

All of the specialty restaurants have menu items that are safe, just ask the server. Ice cream and fruit are always safe choices for dessert.

Enjoy!

For those who have eaten at 150, the only reservation I could get was an 8:30. From what I’ve been told the Love and Marriage Show is at 10:30 that same night. Will we be able to make it, without feeling rushed through dinner? Could we show up a bit early and try to get in?

Thanks~

Just looking back on previous pages and wanted to add my answers to some questions.

1. You'll have to get a seat at Ocean Aria in the back of the Aqua Theater to see the entire show and get out in time to get to Giovanni's within an hour. I would wait till you were on board and ask for 1/2 later seating if possible. You will not want to miss a moment of the show and getting up 2 decks on foot or fighting the crowds for the elevators will back it VERY close.

2. To enjoy and appreciate Samba's, and to eat at a relaxed and normal pace, you will need two (2) hours! There are 9 cuts of meat to sample/eat and unless you are skipping most of them, you'll need time to digest and wait for the next course.

3. There are no free sauna and/or steam rooms, unless you have a spa package for that same day. The cost is $ 30 per person per day. I don't know if there is a weekly rate.

4. There were special sections in the theaters for SUITE guests. Nothing for D or D+.

As I just got home and everything is still fresh and new to me, I hope this helps! - Miriam

Oasis has reserved seating in the theater for Suite and D+/Pinnacle.

Has anyone tried the My Time Dining?

Yes, we did. Won't do that again.

Most people who choose My Time Dining do so because they wish to dine in private. Me and my wife chose MTD so we could choose our own dining time, but we still hoped to dine in the company of other people.

That wasn't the case and we ended up at tables for two even though we requested a shared table. There simply was no one to share a table with.

We'll go for traditional dining next time.

If you dine at 150 Central Park and want to go for the wine pairing - don't be afraid to ask to share one paring with your partner.

We ate at 150 Central Park both formal nights on our cruise. On the first night we had a wine pairing each and ended up a little dizzy. We both love wine but are not heavy drinkers.

On the second night we asked for a shared paring and it was just enough to please the both of us.

I haven't seen this tip mentioned yet.

The elevators are updated each night with the day of the week on the floor. Head to the elvators and take a picture of the day of the week each morning before you begin taking pictures. It makes organizing them by day much easier and makes for a nice daily breakdown for your photos.

Vintages Wine Bar great place to use those buy one get one free coupons.

Which "buy one get one free coupons" would these be???

I presume whoever mentioned this meant the buy one drink, get one free coupon. I haven't done it but I have heard you can do that with glasses of wine in vintages.

To an earlier question - the tapas are priced ala carte from 1.35 to 3.50 (please forgove me if I am wrong - my memory is bad). I thought they were a great bargain - around three tapas a person is plenty for dinner.

I was very surprised at how good Ritas was. I am kind of a Mexican food snob having come from San Diego and I really enjoyed Ritas. Again ala carte pricing (plus small cover?) but a couple of items (one samll - one large) is more than enough.

For those who have been on a Voyager-class ship where Vintages is on the Royal Promenade, on Allure Vintages is in Central Park.

It was pretty empty the night we were in there and the servers were telling us because folks just didn't realize it was there. There are so many other bars to go to, it gets lost.

On our recent Allure cruise we were at Vintages twice an d enjoyed it both times. The fir

first time there were 4 of us and the second time 6 of us. A nice bottle of wine and a couple of tapas made a nice dinner. It was a perfect venue for the first formal night.

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked on the Allure in an accessible cabin. DH needs a mobility scooter and if our room had the bed near the closet we would never get in the room.

Does anyone have any pics or know the dimensions of these room, specifically 6636.

Thanks.

We have stayed in 6636. It is a D5 ocean view balcony cabin. Since it is on the starboard side you will have a good view of the ports as Oasis docks on that side most of the time.

It is about the size of a junior suite, maybe 300 sq. ft. There is plenty of room to move around and the bed is tucked around behind the bathroom. Rest assured, this is not an issue like it can be in the typical ocean view balconies, we have stayed in those as well. Your DH should not have any trouble having room to maneuver with the scooter. I believe there should be enough space in the cabin to store it as well.

The cabin is quite wide, when you come in there is a straight shot to the balcony which has a ramp that raises up when you open the door to allow wheeled access to the balcony. The balcony is also large. The bathroom is huge (for a ship!) and there is a roll in shower with multiple options for the shower water.

I am sorry, I did not take any pictures. We will be sailing on her in 3 weeks. I could try to take some pictures of it, or a similar cabin, if you would like.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the 4/15/12 sailing of the Allure...

Does anyone know or has heard why Chops Grille is unavailable the night of April 17th? Its available every night of the cruise, except for the 17th...doesn't even come up. The 17th is my birthday and I'd love to go there...so I'm slightly disappointed. It's not going to ruin my cruise by any means...don't get me wrong! :)

(I've also asked the question on the 4/15/11 Roll Call board....but I thought I'd see if anyone on the "Everything" board possible knew the answer.)

We're on the 4/15/12 sailing of the Allure...

Does anyone know or has heard why Chops Grille is unavailable the night of April 17th? Its available every night of the cruise, except for the 17th...doesn't even come up. The 17th is my birthday and I'd love to go there...so I'm slightly disappointed. It's not going to ruin my cruise by any means...don't get me wrong! :)

(I've also asked the question on the 4/15/11 Roll Call board....but I thought I'd see if anyone on the "Everything" board possible knew the answer.)

Could be a variety of reasons but my guess would be a private party. Once on board, you can check and see if it is available for booking that particular day.

Next are the room service menus for dinner for the suites BUT they are the same menus from the MDR so this will give you an idea of what is served each night in the main dining room. I will post them by night. This was from the eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Sunday

SuiteNight1.jpg

Monday - First Formal Night

SuiteNight2Formal.jpg

Tuesday

SuiteNight3.jpg

Wednesday

SuiteDay4.jpg

Interesting menus. I recognize quite a lot of the options from my most recent cruise on the Enchantment which is kind of good and bad. Has anyone else noticed the same order for menus on western routes? Also is it possible/easy to get reservations for the same day once on board? I'd love to book ahead of time for 150 Central Park or Chops but would prefer to do a specialty dinner on a night when the MDR has items I'm not as crazy about. Thanks!

I think the menus are the same for each itinerary. We were on a B2B in March (Eastern and Western) and the menus were the same each night of the week.

Fortunately, I like lots of different foods so had no problem finding something different to eat for 14 nights (DH on the other hand--not so much ;)).

Giovanni's Table.... yes or no for dinner?

There's 4 of us cruising.... my DH & I (44) and my in-laws (in their late 60's). My in-laws are not adventurous eaters, so besides MDR, the only other restaurants we think they'll like are Chops & Giovanni's. DH & I have eaten at Chops and love it...but didn't get the chance to eat at Giovanni's Table on our Allure cruise last November.

Thanks for any input!

We'll be sailing on the Allure on 3/4/12. I'm trying to make advance reservations for the shows but am afraid that ijm going to schedule a big mess....does anybody know when the Love and Marriage show is and when The Quest is? I think the Quest is normally towards the end of the cruise and also later at night. When looking at the schedule for the other shows, that is when I thought it would be a good time to go to them, too. Help!! I surely don't want to double book:). Thanks

Here's a link to a sample dinner menu at Giovanni's Table: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/GiovannisTableDinnerMenu.pdf

It's Italian food, served family style. What's not to like? ;)

You'll be sailing on my birthday!!

That's what I'm thinkin! When's your birthday? Mine is April 17.

Thanks for the link!

Shoequeen,

Those are not usually scheduled along with any of the big shows, so you don't have to worry. Love and Marriage (begins around 10:30 pm) takes place in the main theater and Quest (which begins around 11:30 pm) is in Studio B, so there won't be any other shows happening at those times.

I know we had no problem making both of those. The only thing going on was a big bingo game (jackpot maybe?) before the Love and Marriage Show.

Enjoy your cruise -- Allure is wonderful!

Susie,

Mine's the 15th!! And a big, round one, too!

Archived