Enough time from SFO

Bustaty

I see a flight leaving SFO to Buf at 11:55 am (which is a tuesday). Should there be enough time to get from Pier after cruise to airport with lots of time? Ship to arrive in SFO approx 7 am. Thanks.

Check with the cruise line to see what the earliest flight they recommend.

Keep in mind that you will probably not be off the ship until around 9:00 AM. Could be earlier or could be later.

Then need to pick up luggage and get your transportation.

Drive to the airport will be around 45 minutes.

Then check in and getting through security and you can never predict all of this.

We are arriving into San Francisco next month. I prefer a flight not as early but often this comes down to how much stress you want to deal with.

If you go with this just understand there is always risk of making the flight. Also, go with private transportation.

Keith

Hi all

Thanks so much for your input. Ok, after reading your mails, I am not comfortable with this time either :).

Soooo, 1:00 - 2 pm ok?

1:00 PM to 2:00 PM would be fine.

I am returning from a cruise into San Francisco next month and this time frame is around the time of our flight.

Keith

We left a Crystal cruise at 8:45, quick trip by taxi to SFO, short security lines, and had plenty of time for 11:45 flight. This was on Friday, July 8. Julia

A factor I see mentioned surprisingly seldom is what are the consequences if you do miss your flight. Fee to change flight? Possible higher fare for the new flight? Possible need to overnight to wait for an available flight? SFO is not exactly next to the port. About 15 miles.

We have not booked yet, but we have decided to take more time after cruise, so we can be more flexible and careful about selection of flights.

I would say, out of 8 cruises, we tend to get a flight after 1pm, once 3ish as we added on a post excursion and then Princess tooks us all to airport. Not sure there are any post cruise excursions in San Francisco.

Appreciate all your replies and you are right Fattony, there are a lot of things that could be factored in if flight is missed. Especially the $$$.

Archived