Holiday Inn - POM

ShelbyLK

Hello Everyone,

I think that I have finally decided to book the Holiday Inn, POM for our cruise in May.

I have just a few questions...is there a CVS or some store is walking distance so we can purchase pop and wine?

Also, I know that some do/some don't like that hotel, but does anyone think that it is so horrible, that they wouldn't waste their time or money on that place. I'm booking for 13 people, so I need it to be decent. It looks good to me for 1 night, but I have never stayed there, so I'm just looking for some opinions, good and bad.

Thanks in advance and Happy Cruising to all!!!:D

Yes, there is a CVS just a few blocks away where you can purchase pop, water, soda, etc.

It's an average Holiday Inn. I would give it two stars on a scale of 1 to 5 starts with 5 being the highest.

Be sure to contact them to see what kind of rate you can get for that many people.

Keith

Hello Everyone,

I think that I have finally decided to book the Holiday Inn, POM for our cruise in May.

I have just a few questions...is there a CVS or some store is walking distance so we can purchase pop and wine?

Also, I know that some do/some don't like that hotel, but does anyone think that it is so horrible, that they wouldn't waste their time or money on that place. I'm booking for 13 people, so I need it to be decent. It looks good to me for 1 night, but I have never stayed there, so I'm just looking for some opinions, good and bad.

Alot of people stay there and think it's fine, but I would not stay there for the simple reason that you can get a much nicer hotel for less money. I guess it all depends on what your rate is. For example I stayed at the Hyatt close to the port of Miami for $88 and for the same night the Holiday Inn was $170. So there may be better bargains to be found. There are lots of nice hotels near the port.

Hello Everyone,

I am booked at the Holiday Inn too but also the Doubletree. As time get closer I will choose to drop one. I just stayed at the IC this past May. Very very nice.

We have stayed there before and will stay there again. It is right across the street from Bayside where we enjoyed shopping, eating and bar hopping with no added taxi fares!

Though it is not the most modern of all the selections, it was clean and perfect for our needs.

Have a great time!

It is an okay hotel for one night. It is not fancy but typical of most Holiday Inns. As others have said it can be kind of pricey and there may be some other more upscale hotels (Intercontinental, Hyatt) nearby with better rates. Just do a little homework on rates. It was very convienent to the POM (cab $11) and Bayside Marketplace is right across the street with some shops and restaurants. Another restaurant in walking distance is Bongo's at the American Airlines Arena, I ate there and the food was pretty good.

There are a hundred threads on this hotel. We stayed there once and will never do so again. Old, dirty, noisy, busy, overpriced. Very little value for money, IMO. But as you say, others do like it. There are far better hotels within the same vicinity for either less money, or that are better value.

We have stayed there before and will stay there again. It is right across the street from Bayside where we enjoyed shopping, eating and bar hopping with no added taxi fares!

Though it is not the most modern of all the selections, it was clean and perfect for our needs.

Have a great time!

Holiday Inn $170 but no added taxi fare to get to Bayside

Hyatt $88 with an $8 taxi fare to Bayside and then $8 back...$104 total

Now which seems like the better deal?

Holiday Inn- 2** Old, Elevators(slow), Rooms small,Bayside across street.

Intercontinental-5***** Modern,Rooms large,Bathrooms HUGE,about 2 short blocks thru park too Bayside. Night and day difference. Usually cheaper than H.I. Book thru Lastmintravel. 644 rooms,KEY!

I've never stayed there but I have read enough people on this board say its just ok. IMHO, its very expensive. I priced it for my stay in October and it was $170 for one room. Thats just too much money for an "OK" hotel. I am a Federal Employee and got a great rate for the Marriott South Beach so I'm staying there instead. Do your homework and check online, google for discount codes. I'd bet you'd find something better that more people recommend for less money.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that I will look for a different hotel. I was wanting one that is within a short walking distance from Bayside. I have never been to Miami before, so I don't know what is around there. Are there any other hotels (that may be better than the Holiday Inn) in the area of Bayside that we can have a short walk to?

Thanks again, I do appreciate all of the help!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that I will look for a different hotel. I was wanting one that is within a short walking distance from Bayside. I have never been to Miami before, so I don't know what is around there. Are there any other hotels (that may be better than the Holiday Inn) in the area of Bayside that we can have a short walk to?

Intercontinental is within walking distance to Bayside. There are also several others that are a short cab ride. These include Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hilton, Doubletree, Hyatt, Conrad, Epic. Many cruisers get these hotels for good prices(under $100) on Priceline, Hotwire, and lastminutetravel.

By the way if your cruise is next May it may be too early to look for a hotel, but you will need a hotel in downtown Miami which is near Bayside and the port.

A very nice hotel is the Intercontinental which is located about a five minute walk from Bayside.

Also, there is a Marriott Marquis which opened less than a year ago. Take a look at that one as well.

Keith

I have stayed there, ( October 2009 ) and at the time, we were more than satisfied with the hotel. We had no big complaints. If only one negative for us, was that we felt it was overpriced. We paid 147.00 for one night, but the room was clean, beds comfortable, had a room facing the port, so could watch the ships coming in, early next morning. I have heard some very negative remarks about the hotel, but cant say I had any of those "complainers" problems. Hotel is older, I believe it was once a best western. The pool is small and shaded, but we didnt use it. Yes there is a CVS about a block and a half away with a good selection of things you might want to stock up on before a cruise. Bay Marketplace accoss the street, and while others call it a "tourist trap", it is ok to pass some time, and maybe grab a bite to eat, all kinds of restaurants, and even fast food, if you dont want to spend much. I would stay there again, though I have heard good things about the Intercontinental, and might try that one next time, if the price is right.:) JMHO!

Holiday Inn $170 but no added taxi fare to get to Bayside

Hyatt $88 with an $8 taxi fare to Bayside and then $8 back...$104 total

Now which seems like the better deal?

Hi, Where did you get the reate of $88 for the Hyatt? We are looking for a hotel where we can leave the car for a 8 day cruise in Jan. Do you recommend the Hyatt?

Thanks,

Hi, Where did you get the reate of $88 for the Hyatt? We are looking for a hotel where we can leave the car for a 8 day cruise in Jan. Do you recommend the Hyatt?

Thanks,

I got the rate of $88 for the downtown Hyatt on http://www.lastminutetravel.com. We flew to Miami so I don't know about leaving your car but I'm sure there would be a charge to park your car. It might be cheaper to just park at the port.

Hyatt is the one listed with 612 rooms.

I know the downtown Hilton had a cruise & park package but it's not cheap.

we stayed there January 2010 and had ENJOYED our stay we had one of the rooms where we could see the port and it was right across from Bayside which we enjoyed and probably will be staying there next Dec.

there was a CVS few blocks down on the corner and we were able to get everything we needed for our cruise.

Archived