FLL Restaurant ideas

melissasneu

Looking for recommendations. Staying at Hyatt Pier 66 so we have access to water taxi. Nothing to fancy, family friendly, and something locally owned preferably. Were from Chicago and can eat in all the chain style places anytime. So, what are your favorites?

Melissa

Family owned~Mexican on 17th Street, Carlos and Pepes~Just had lunch there on Friday, 3-11:D fabulous. (eaten there before too) (also open for dinner)

Dinner, Bravo's on 17th Street too~Italian and my 3rd time eating there:D went with a cruise bud and had another fantastic meal.

Both places above get "local's" as well as travelers. They both do a great business.

Alot of folks recommend 15th Street Fisheries and/or Bimini BoatYard. I have not eaten at either place so I can't give you a 1st hand review.

We ate at the Pelican Grill right on the Pier 66 property. Just ask the bellhops for a ride in the golf cart and they will take you there. Outdoor patio, very good food, overlooking the intracoastal and a live musician taking requests. It was a great time.

WOG:

Going in May, staying at Hyatt, interested in menu at Pelican. Do they have nachos, calimari, that kind of stuff,ie good menu or just a extremely limited and/ or only cold sandwiches? I'm looking for a place to kick back and enjoy the sunset and relax. Any info on the menu details and things you remember would be appreciated. Is it crowded, table service, or a window service type of thing? How far a walk is it from the pool area?

Thanks for your input.

Bob V.

WOG:

Going in May, staying at Hyatt, interested in menu at Pelican. Do they have nachos, calimari, that kind of stuff,ie good menu or just a extremely limited and/ or only cold sandwiches? I'm looking for a place to kick back and enjoy the sunset and relax. Any info on the menu details and things you remember would be appreciated. Is it crowded, table service, or a window service type of thing? How far a walk is it from the pool area?

Thanks for your input.

Bob V.

They had a pretty varied menu. They had cold sandwiches, like ham, turkey, etc. You could also get some pasta dishes. They had apps like mozerella sticks, potato wedges, etc. I don't recall, calimari or nachos, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I ended up having a cheeseburger and it was great. I remember remarking how fresh the veggies on it were and how good it was. Great fries too. It was table service and we had a table overlooking a 7 million dollar yacht (it was for sale and waiter told us the asking price) tied up to the dock and you could watch the boats go by and the bridge go up and down in the distance. We watched the sunset that night from the revolving rooftop lounge and that was a beautiful sight. Full bar service was available and they had some great drinks. There was a guy playing guitar and taking requests. He was pretty good and pretty funny too. The night we were there was a Friday night in January and it wasn't crowded at all. We walked up the stairs and got a table right away. It would be a long walk from the pool area. We asked for directions from the front lobby and one of the guys said he would drive us over. So we all (4 of us) jumped in a golf cart and he drove us over. We had the restaurant call up the front desk and they sent it back over to pick us up and drop us off at the front door. It was a nice place. Water taxi also stopped very nearby.

I can recommend Bimini Boatyard. I have eaten there twice in recent weeks and the food and service were excellent. Menu is somewhat limited and, obviously, seafood and fish are the starring features.

From Pier 66, it would be a good walk, across the bridge, to get there. The restaurant is located at the rear of a shopping area near the Renaissance Hotel. It can be reached by Water Taxi by taking the Taxi from Pier 66 to the Marriott Marina and then walking to the Renaissance Hotel, turn right, and walk North, into the shopping area's parking lot, and one will see the restaurant.

Taxis are plentiful in Fort Lauderdale and one can go from Bimini Boatyard to Pier 66 quickly and would not be costly at all.

I, too, can recommend the Pelican Bar and Grill at Pier 66. Delightful spot and food and service are good. The Grill and Bar near the swimming pools also have a nice menu and good food, too.

Hi:) Not many are 10.00 and under.

The 10.00--------->and up range is more likely. Remember, you are paying for location too;) Las Olas Blvd is one of "the places" in Ft. Lauderdale. And anytime you eat on the Intercoastal~well you have the view!

All these places sound great. I really appreciate the replies. If you have any more feel free to add we leave Saturday. I understand there are a few restaurants that specialize in crepes.Has anyone tried one of these, particularly for breakfast? I'm taking a friend that was a French major and lived in France for a while and she loves crepes.I thought this might be a nice suprise for her.

Melissa

Hi:) there is a place on Las Olas that specializies in Crepes. I cannot recall the name of it but everytime I have walked by they are ALWAYS busy.

Not sure if they are open for breakfast.

Have a wonderful time:)

Bimini Boatyard entrees were in the $15-$30 range, if I recall correctly. Steaks were at the high end. They have, IMO, an absolutely delicious bread that is served with dinner. Nice wine list, too, I recall.

Hope you enjoy your time in Fort Lauderdale. It is my favorite port from which to sail and I would certainly not mind living there, either.

We too have been to the 15th Street Fisheries and Carlos & Pepe's. For great seafood (eclectic) the Fisheries is a must. I don't remember prices but average if $15+ per plate. It is nice casual dress. As you will be at the Hyatt, don't miss going to the top of the tower at the revolving lounge, for a great Sunset viewing spot.

Bon Voyage

Archived