Pros and Cons - Carnival Spirit

teacher_md

Hey Everyone,

Contemplating a 9 day cruise on the Mexico Riviera. I have been cruising on other lines lately, but have been on the Carnival Triumph and Carnival Imagination YEARS ago. Carnival Triumph was definitely a better experience, but I think the Imagination was in MUCH need of a dry dock plus it was a shorter cruise/party boat atmosphere.

So my question is about the Carnival Spirit. The prices can't be beat and I have been wanting to check out this kind of itinerary.

What are some of the Pros and Cons of the Spirit?

Thanks for any advice!

- AJ

the spirit is my favorite ship so finding things wrong with her will be hard for me too do. and she is a very easy ship too navigate. of course she doesnt have all the extra restuarants that the bigger ship have but the food venues on her are wonderful and i have never gone hungry. she is sparkling clean and i have never noticed any spots on the carpets. i would love too be booking a cruise on her myself. have a great time. you will enjoy yourself. im sure someone else will come on with more detailed info. im very good at doing that :o. book you cruise on her and have a wonderful time.

We love the Spirit. We did the 8 & 9 day itineraries last year. We loved the 9 day itinerary. It is my favorite ship...so far. I say...book it! The ship is in great shape. I found her to be very easy to navigate...I usually am lost on a ship for the first few days. She is leaving us very soon & San Diego is a very nice port to leave from.

No cons here either!! We loved the Spirit!! My favorite part was our totally awesome room steward, Conrad! My husband & I still talk about him! I wish I knew where he was going when the Spirit leaves. :( You will love the Spirit!

We LOVE the Spirit! She is a beautiful, easy to navigate ship. Lot's of fun. I can't think of any negatives.

Been on her three times and will be on her three more before she leaves the west coast.

I think you will really enjoy this cruise but like the previous poster said, book it soon.

Toni

WE also love the Spirit! IF you want to go to Mexico with us we'll be on the Mar.16 9 day. We did almost the same

itinerary last year. This is the last Spring you'll be able to sail the Spirit to Mexico so book it!

OR you'll have to go to Australia to find her.

Sorry the only con was that i had to get off when my 9 days were through. Beautiful ship, has a specialty steakhouse;). Check to see if Stu is the CD he is the best of my 9 cruises. I am sailing the Spirit doing Alaska 9/13/2011 can't wait. Julie G.

We like the food on Carnival. When we were on her over New Year's, the food was good. I guess it can vary with different chefs.

We don't really go to the shows anymore so much. Carnival has lot's of trivia and games like that. We won our first Ship on a stick playing Name That Tune.

I heard that Stu will be the CD on our 3-16-12 cruise, he is a blast!

Toni

Sorry the only con was that i had to get off when my 9 days were through. Beautiful ship, has a specialty steakhouse;). Check to see if Stu is the CD he is the best of my 9 cruises. I am sailing the Spirit doing Alaska 9/13/2011 can't wait. Julie G.

i just got off the spirit for my alaska cruise in may and stu is and will be the cd according too him. and he is so happy too be the cd when she goes too australia. his first words where '' i will be able too see my mum more '' and he had a big smile on his face. :) he also said laughing at the time that she would be able too do his laundry. some things never change :D.

Only one con here she is leaving for Austrailia next year:(:(:(! Her neo-classical theme is great design from Joe Farcus(carnivals designer) STU the cruise director is my absolute FAV, we had him 3 times so far on two ships! The itinerary is unique & I doubt carnival will even bring another ship to us west coasters:( cause of the mexico issues & the low revenue each cruise is bringing in per person(at least thats the was "cliff notes of the excuse they gave about the Elation) The DUEL TWIN MAIN pools is very nice & spreads out the crowds nicely plus the adult only pool & hot tub in the rear is great too! The ship very easy to navigate compared to ANY other class of carnival ship! & the PRO's can go on & on from there lol:eek: You will have a blast on her!

So the Paradise will be the only permanently based Carnival ship in Southern California? Or has this not been announced yet?

Dunno cause the Spirit is officially going down under in 2012 & I saw the Splendor is doing Hawaii next year or the year after im not sure which year? Its looking that way:( that the Paradise/Inspiration will be the only ship cruising long beach every week of the year!

Archived